The Money Store Complaints & Reviews

The Money StoreHorrendous service

They were quick to get a senior loan officer to take your application over the phone and arrange an appraisal. After that... GOOD LUCK TRYING TO REACH HIM AGAIN! No response to days of emails, phone calls, voicemails, NOTHING. You are locked in once you pay for your appraisal, but now I have no idea what to do next. How can anyone work with a company like this?

Comment Guidelines

Respond

The Money StoreAvoid them

Simply put, I found them on Bankrate. They had the best rate and their loan officer got back to me quickly but then the story is quite familiar.

- Once I signed the documents the customer service dropped off like a rock.

- Closing was a mess. Loan package completely messed up.

- New loan package conveniently did not include a $350 credit for appraisal

- Closed January 2010 and still do not have my credit

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
      • Im
        IMDISSAPPOINTED2 Feb 21, 2011

Glad to hear! one (possibly only) broker has been very difficult to deal with. between all the lending fee (drastic) fluctuations, and used car salesmen tactic that "he was doing me a favor", I asked him to stop contacting me and that we happily went somewhere else. yes the other charges a slight more, but their fees are locked and the broker is very polite.
        Money Store representative continues to want to have the last word, and clearly hasn't learned from the phrases "the customer is right" and "don't insult them!" It feels almost like preditory lending the way he called and tried to get me to lock in immediately.
        I'm making sure NONE of my friends use them.