Swifty Gas Station Complaints & Reviews

Swifty Gas Stationrude attendant

This past evening I went to the Chase Bank to cash a check. I then went to the Swifty Gas Station where the attendant put the gas into my van for me. I was paying him in cash. My bill came to $45.00 even. I handed him 2 $20's, $2 bill, & 3 $1.oo bills. One of the dollar bills was torn & he said that he couldn't take it. He said that no bank would take it either. I told him that I had just got the money at the bank, & I showed him the envelope from Chase Bank. He kept on asking me for another $1.00 bill. I told him that I didn't have any others. He then said " Do you mean to tell me that I have to take this crinkled up bill that looks like crap'? I just told him once again that that was all that I had. He finally walked away. He didn't thank me for anything, & I really feel that he was very rude. If the bank could give me the torn bill, why should he feel that he is someone special. If this is the kind of treatment that I am going to get there, they have just lost a customer.

Comment Guidelines

7 Responses
    • Pi
      Pissed off for sure Sep 03, 2011

I will never purchase gas from swifty again. I stop at the one in Washington Court House at least twice a week to fill up I drive a ford f150 so that's alot of gas. I always call and check there prices before I head out cause I pass 5 different stations before I get to their station. The attendant told me this morning that he couldn't tell me that info over the phone. Said something about the feds making it that way cause of price fixing..pssttt ### I'm a paying customer trying to save a few pennies, pennies I might mention again will not ever go to a Swifty gas station.

• Le
      Leef28 Apr 04, 2011

Have been a customer for several years. Some time ago an employee told me that since I had a handacpt sticker they would pump my gas at self pump price. When there week of 3/19/11. Sat at the pump for quite some time while he served cars that came after me. Finally walked up to can and said "Do you want me to pump your gas?" I pointed to sticker and he said that only gets you a parking place not your gas pumped. You have lost a loyal customer and I will tell everyone I know not to go there

• Pi
      Piparello Feb 15, 2011

Two cars pulled in after me and he waited on them first. told me i needed

to practice patience, handed me my card back and told me to go somewhere

else. i left and spent $40.00 at Mapco. I have used Swifty for years

here in Old Hickory, Tenn. for years. i pay more to have my gas pumped

since i am elderly. i have always been treated well, until today. i have

never seen the attendent that was working this afternoon before. He also

was talking with a lady customer and ignored the fact that i had even pulled in.

• It
      it is me Sep 01, 2010

the sign at swifty tells the self serv price it is written directly under the price on the sign and there are signs on the pole if you would just look and read instead of being rude like uneducated human trash these signs tell you that it is 10cents more per gallon unless you pay cash and you save 3cents per gallon so that it is only 7 cents per gallon more if you have them pump it for you so pay attention and you wont seem like a total [censor] to the rest of the world you understand jane dont be a b

jane43212001 Jul 10, 2009

i know that the swifty people are not on the up and up. i went to get gas and they charged me more than the sign said and i paid cash, so that was 10 cents more a gallon than advertised. all the kis said was, , , , uh i dont know. i would have been better off going to kroger across the street for the same price

andy ryan Oct 25, 2008

if u had to deal with a-- holes like yourself you'd have a diffrent outlook you need to walk in their shoes for just one day. get a better job so you can have more dollar bills i work at swifty myself i should know stupid ppl. like yourself sit in your fu--in car and want to ### about us not wanting a wadded up bill that you likely had up your a-- all i'm saying is go 2 hell dude.

annoyed Aug 09, 2008

Wow, you wasted time posting this over a torn $1 bill? Do you know what kind of ### the attendants go through when dealing with the public- especially during an oil crisis? The reason your bill was rejected was because the safe that they use will not accept a torn bill, or half a bill, or a bill taped together. I'm guessing you're one of those people that don't tip the attendants either. Try spending the day dealing with drive-offs, rude customers demanding priority service, geriatric and condescending folks, and the drug dealers laundering money buy buying $5 dollars worth of gas with a $100 bill. Not to mention the fact that the attendants are carrying cash, trying to drop large bills into the safe, and praying that someone doesn't cheat them out of money resulting in termination from a job that doesn't even pay the bills? If you really want to stick it to them, call OSHA.

Swifty Gas StationNever again

I pulled in July 15, 2008 4:30PM. There were two other cars in front of me but only the front one was being serviced. Once that car left, the attendant, Bobby didn't have the car in front of me pull up. While I was sitting there and no one was using the front pump, Bobby serviced 3 other cars on the other side of the pumps.

The car in front of me leaves, I pull up to the front pump for the folks now behind me.

Bobby waits on two other cars again. Six services later, he comes to my window. I give him my card and say "All the way, cheapest ya got."

He comes to my window, hands me my card and says it’s been declined. I say "Try it again." He yells, "I did! I tried it 3 times! You're welcome to try it while I get these other people."

I look and see he left my cap cover open, I get out and shut it. I tell him that I just used the card at two other businesses and there is 14, 000.00 in the account.

He yells at me again, "It's not my fault your card is declined!" I drove across the street to the Shell and pumped it myself using that very card. I am now a Shell customer as long as Bobby is there when I pull up.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
        mabaeb Jun 29, 2009

sounds like you need to call your credit or debit card company and not ### at bobby. He has no control over that.

• Pa
        Paul, manager Mar 20, 2009

Some cards work others don't we have no control over it. But to all concerned the Indiana visa, H&R block mastercard, Biolife visa will no work at any pumps what so ever, dosn't matter where you go.