Superior Energy Complaints & Reviews

Superior Energyswindeling employees

Claims to have paid withheld employee checks. Did not make mention of cash incentives intended for the employees, page 16 of the presentation shows intended cash incentives for the employees

Refuses to issue tax forms and claims that taxes be paid on the amounts not actually remitted to the employees. Requires a rigorous governmental audit or this fraudulent company will continue to hire people to pay taxes on their behalf. Or do they call this practice "business" in the province of British Columbia?

P.S.

and again,

Superior EnergyDeceitful Business Practices

In October 2008, Superior Energy offered an incentive cheque if I would renew for 5 years for natural gas supply. I agreed verbally (over the phone with one of their agents) to enroll in exchange for the incentive cheque.

Today, May 6/09, they have not mailed the cheque and advise I’m bound to their contract (8 cents/kwh higher than the rate they’re offering now) and cannot terminate the contract without paying a $652 penalty.

They further advised me they don’t have to follow through on incentives they offer. They have the right to offer incentives, but don’t have to deliver.

To sum it up, they offer bribes, secure verbal agreements over taped phone lines, then refuse to deliver incentives. When I told them their business practices were unethical, I was told by Sandy (Management, Customer Services) at [protected] that they don’t have to deliver incentives.

Absolutely amazing that such corrupt business practices are permitted in this country.

Currently the Ontario Energy Commission are involved, however, Sandy advised they don’t have the authority to overrule Superior Energy’s decision (to force cheated consumers into agreements). At this point I can only highly encourage others to STAY AWAY FROM SUPERIOR ENERGY. They will promise you an incentive, lock you in at a high rate, refuse to deliver the incentive and attempt to force you to pay a penalty to terminate the contract. Absolutely disgusting.

• JGraceyStinson May 06, 2009

Most of these "carriers" have a contract that must be signed, and confirmed by telephone. Did you receive a written contract? If not, I'd request one. Unless you have access to the fine print in a contract you can't possibly agree to the terms.

The only thought is that you indicate it is a "renewal" in which case, you should already have been aware of their business practices. If it's not a renewal (in other words if you did not use their services prior to this) then you might be able to get out of it based on the fact that you received no written contract. Not only that, most of these carriers give you 10 days after initially taking the contract to cancel it without penalty.

We have never accepted any of these carriers. We've always stuck with the same gas and electricity companies for over 30 years. In the end, we dicsovered over the course of the years since they (the carriers have appeared) our costs have always been less than those guaranteed by their contracts. Some of our family members have been stuck with these people, but only once.

• El
    ElleMH May 06, 2009

This was the first renewal with the company. They mailed a contract and incentive to renew with them for another five years. I would have been perfectly happy to remain with them if they had honoured the incentive they promised. Over a period of six months (Oct /08 until now, May/09) I've been calling, asking when they would send the incentive cheque they promised. Repeatedly, they told me they would send it, but never did. I finally filed a complaint with the Ontario Energy Commission.

Superior Management (Sandy) called today, told me I was bound to the agreement and they did not have to follow through on sending the incentive cheque if they didn't want to. She stated it was an incentive only and not a promise to deliver.

• JGraceyStinson May 06, 2009

That's definitely underhanded. I hope the OEC can help you out. You might also try the ombudsman for Ontario if you haven't.

It can't hurt to send an email and see if they have anything helpful.

• El
    ElleMH May 06, 2009

Thank you so much. I will follow up with the Ombudsman for Ontario. I appreciate your assistance.

they swindle their employees

cash incentives in this presentation not remitted to the employees http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBKVTLZJ

their shpeel::: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KC9FVZZS

Superior Energyscam

we had a representative from superior energy come by the house shortly after we bought, I had no idea who he was (thinking it was our gas company )he asked if I would like to save money on our gas bill sign here and I did not knowing it was locked in for a certain time at a higher rate ...every time I phone the company I get the run around

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices