Searsphotos.com Complaints & Reviews

Searsphotos.comHorrible business practices

In Feb. 2011 my husband and I took our baby to Sears for a photo session. We ordered a few photos there and decided to wait to order others after allowing family to view proofs online and determining what they wanted. They told me to allow 72 hours for photos to be posted online. It took 2 weeks and 2 emails to get them posted. No apology. Next we ordered a very large order and waited. And waited. So, one rainy day I came home to see trash in our yard. When I went to throw it away it was my photos. This place sends your photos in a flimsy cardboard envelope and doens't require a signature. I have had my son's photos taken at several places and when ordering online they were sent in a bubble wrap lined, waterproof envelope via UPS or FEDEX and I had to sign for them. These were soaked and had grass all over them. I sent 2 emails to notify them of the problem and of my intention to send the ruined photos back and request I get new photos sent. I never heard back from either email. After getting no response I just went ahead and mailed back the photos with the return sheet and made sure the address I returned the photos to was the one on the return form. I also sent the photos in a much more sturdy package than the one I received. All of my packages sent out that day made it to their destination just fine. After weeks of waiting my husband called to ask why we had heard no response and what the status was of our order. They claim they never received our return envelope. *Guess they didn't get the 2 emails notifying them of the situation either-hmmm? So my husband explained the situation and asked for the photos to be reprinted again and this time to give us some sort of discount for all the hassle and the fact we had to pay to ship the damaged photos back. They said they couldn't give us any discount for the inconvenience. Wow. So we waited again. And more waiting. Finally, my husband called again to find out the status. Even though there is a record of us calling about the situation no replacement photos were ever issued. The lady told my husband she would put a rush on the order. Again, no apology, no offer to discount the amount. So we waited over two weeks. We called again and were told we would get a call back. Never heard anything. So we called again. And here's where it gets fun-- because it's been over three months our photo proofs have been erased and despite all the emails, the return that they *claim* they never got, and all the phone calls, no one ordered a reprint. That means we will never get the photos of our son from this session. I am heartsick; my son gave one of his first "real smiles" to his daddy during the session and I ordered a giant print to fill a wall we have of him for every month of his first year. So there is now no professional portrait of him for 3 months. The lady from customer service did, however, graciously offer to refund our money now that there are NO PHOTOS. Did she honestly think I was going to let her keep our money? This company is AWFUL. I've asked all my girlfriends and they too have never received photos packaged so poorly and with no signature required. Please, please don't order from these people. Either order your photos so that you can pick them up in-store or go somewhere else.

• SearsCare May 17, 2011

To slewis0546,
    I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your Sears Optical experience as I just came across your post. I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had in getting assistance with this issue and we would like to assist. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here.
    My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the photos were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (slewis0546) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Laura D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Searsphotos.comCustomer service has been inconsiderate and unapologetic

Sears Portraits charged our credit card but never sent the photos we ordered, customer service says to keep waiting, then told us we waited to long to let them know there was a problem. They said they will refund the money, but haven't done so.

We were told that the Sears Portrait Studio no longer had access to our prints, so we were instructed to go online to searsphotos.com to order reprints. We did so on April 4, 2006, paying by credit card. We got our order confirmation and were told to wait 7-21 days for our prints to arrive.

After waiting a month and a half, we called customer service to ask about the status of our order. They said to continue waiting.

After two and a half months we called again and followed that up with a customer service form on the website. We were told that they didn't have access to our records on the phone, and no reponse was ever received from the website.

Today, on July 20, 2006 we called again and were told that they did not have access to our photos and to go to the studio to get more prints. They said that they would refund our money.

Customer service has been inconsiderate and unapologetic for making us wait so long and then not fulfilling our order and I would advise anyone who is considering getting their family portraits taken to consider our experience when deciding who should take their photos.

Sears Order number 41ssss

Sean and Jaime

Winter Springs, FL 32708
Tampa, FL 33617

• Du
    Dustin Jan 10, 2008

They're not being inconsiderate if they actually apologized for the inconvenience and refunded your purchase. For any service out there, companies set policies that have to be followed. I'm positive that each person that helped you did what all they could for you. And the point of policies is to protect the company as well as the customer. It's not bad customer service to offer a refund... it's ridiculous when the customer expects to get a mountain of free stuff for simple errors or circumstances out of company employees' control. Seriously, you're going to get the same from any portrait studio.

• Sl
    slewis0546 May 13, 2011

I just heard today from Searsphotos.com that after receiving damaged photos, sending 2 emails that they never responded to, and 4 phone calls where they NEVER said sorry and always promised me the replacement photos are on the way, that because it's been over 90 days my photos have proofs have been erased. So I will never get the photos of my husband and our new son. There was no apology this time either. They did, however, say they would send me my money back. Gee, thanks for not charging me for nothing. These people are crooks. I can't believe that Sears attaches their name to this sham of a company. I am not only angry at the way I've been treated, I am heartbroken because of the photos I can never get replaced of my baby. I hate these people and will never, ever order from them again.