Riverstone Residential Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Riverstone ResidentialNo ethics

I stayed in the apartment, paid rent on time and no issues till I asked to move out. After the move out they put lot of charges on us.The management is misbehaved, never listen to you and always tell their own story. We spoke kevin parker of riverstone groups against it. I had taken the pictures after cleaning and kept them as proof. He initially told he will look into it. But after few days, he was so bad, loud and rude. He started shouting even. This is one of worst residential groups to stay.

• Lm
    L.M.Scott Jul 10, 2012

Riverstone Residential Group also sells your data, real time, to Experian. All RRG communities partner with Experian to capture your monthly payment behavior. Not bad if you are a good resident...or is it? If your data is incorrect due to false charges or other out of the ordinary management by the office staff of Riverstone, it immediately shows up on your credit report. Riverstone Residential Group's screening system uses Experian based credit reports to approve or disapprove your rental at any community. Therefore, if you leave one apartment community under the circumstances described in this complaint, then your credit score already reflects this real time even while you try to go through the legal process of fighting with them. You will most likely be automatically declined to rent at another Riverstone managed property or have a hard time renting elsewhere, due to the real-time updates to your score, via Experian, which Riverstone uses to approve or decline your application.http://press.experian.com/United-States/Press-Release/experian-rentbureau-to-receive-rental-payment-history-data-from.aspx?&p=1

• Ga
    Gaijin Aug 23, 2012

Amazing I too had the same experience with Kevin Parker at riverstone. Though I only spoke to him on the phone he is quite rude. I have been battling riverstone for nearly 2 years for an erroneous charge for damage that was there when we moved in. I even have the documents to prove it! They are very unresponsive...avoid!

• Ri
    riverstonesucks Dec 12, 2013

This company is horrible. I use to work for Riverstone, and they told me I was doing a great job. Well that was until I found out my child had cancer and I told them that she would have to come first. They wrote me up for coming in late because I took my baby girl to the doctor. This is the total 100% truth. You have the right to believe this or not. Just like you have a choice to rent an apartment from any place managed by them. A company that treats their corporate employees like garbage can not be trusted.

Resolved Riverstone Residentialfraud

WOW where should i begin. Well when I moved into Millbrook Green Apt. there was two ladies Lucy the assistant manager & Paige whom was the Manager. Both of which where fired for stealing Money from the Company, and residents. With-in a few months there is a new gentle man walking around the office. A new manager. This person Never sent a formal letter to any of us to say who he was that there was new management or anything. mean while there is a New assistant hired Name Tom Dexter. so still no formal letter yet.

Mean while i have been a little late paying rent because of a job change. Kevin & tom fraudulently are telling people that they have filed eviction paper and never had. charging the tenants $175.00 plus a percentage of there rent to include court cost. do the math. Kevin the manager told me himself that he had done this to (15) fifteen tenants.

I was never served any court papers, so i went into the office to pay the months rent to include the late payment in a certified bank check. Tom Dexter had the check walked back to my apartment and it was stuck in my door jam after a 12 hr shift at work i returned home to find my check stuck in the door jam. WOW!!!

The next day i went over to the office so that someone could explain to me why my check was returned in the door jam., and what i was told was that an eviction had been filed and that they could not except my payment because it didn't include the $240.00 fees that where add for the eviction papers. I explained once again that i was never served any papers from the court. Kevin proceeded to tell me that my court date was May 11, 2010 at 1pm. But never showed me the papers after I asked for them over and over. I told them that they where lying to the tenants and stealing our money.

I was then kicked out of the office . and charged with trespassing, and later received a formal letter about this. Go figure it was stuck in my door jam. So not wanting to be kicked out I went and got a $240.00 money order. to add with my $1150.00 certified check. which i had to slide through the mail drop because i was not allowed to enter the office area. Well what Kevin didn't know was that I'm a notary for wake county and called the clerk of court. and found out that there was NEVER any papers filed there was NO court date. Kevin had made all this all up.

I called Kevin to tell him about what i had uncovered and still he told me a court date and a time.

Later same afternoon just before closing i received a phone call from Kevin telling me that i could come back in pick up my $240.00 money order. He met me outside and had me sign a copy of the money order. Stating " I don't want to be charged with stealing" i signed and he walked away. I got no apology nothing.

Meanwhile because of his attempt to steal money failed. i still can't go through the office. to work out in the gym, swim in the pool, wash my clothes, or use the free Internet bar that agreed upon in my lease.

All i want is for someone from corporate to call me [protected] i want them to investigate. i want out of this apartment asap. without any repercussions please Note my lease is over. anyway. if none of this is done for me i will be filing formal charges against river stone and millbrook green apartment. for extortion of monies from there tenants

• Sp
    spooky999 Aug 22, 2010

I am in the UK and have gone on to your site as I was reading exactly the same problems tenants are having over here you and Katy would do yourselves a favour by checking out web sites from forum groups about Erinaceous Plc and Equity Asset Management they have gone dead recently but I imagine another fraudulent property company has taken over where this lot left off. Bearing in mind it was corrupt solicitors estate agents and accountants ripping off banks with their fraudlent sub prime mortgages on behalf of none existent people on overvalued properties I am amazed your president has not investigated the frauds they are doing in these fraudulent property companies before now. [email protected]

Resolved Riverstone ResidentialUnfair Housing Practices

Let's see..Where should I start...If you want incredible incompetence, bait-and-switch tactics, and to have your signed lease contract breached for absolutely no reason, then sure, go for the Georgian.

First, I was given the keys to the wrong apartment when I came to the Georgian to view a studio. The Senior Leasing Agent gave me keys and sent me, unaccompanied, to an apt. for viewing. As I'm turning the key and pushing open the apt. door, all of a sudden the door flies open from the other side and a lady, looking very startled, yelled " what are you doing' " and stated that she thought I was trying to break-in and that I was "lucky" that she didn't have a shotgun. After profusely apologizing to the tenant, I went back to the leasing office, bewildered, and told the agent what happened. Her response was to look surprised and say "oh, there was someone in that apartment'" She then gave me keys to another apt, proclaiming that this apt was definitely available. I went to see it which took all of about 10 minutes, it looked good, and came back to the office and asked to reserve it, sign the lease and put down my deposit. But I was told that the Senior Leasing Agent left and that the office would hold the apt in my file as long as I came back the following day.

I came back the very next day, told the Senior Leasing Agent I liked the apt and was ready to sign, but was then flat-out told "oh, sorry, i accidently let you see the wrong apt" and that if I wanted it, I would have to pay $200 extra over the price she quoted me the day before. At this point, I was so frustrated that I told her no and decided to leave.

But...I guess because I had been looking for a place for a long time and had exhausted many of the more pricey, less convenient options in the DC-area, I decided to give the Georgian another chance. I figured maybe this Senior Agent was a fluke or having a bad week, right'

Wrong.

I went back, applied and was approved, and then signed for an apartment with a different Leasing Agent and was told the apt would become available for move-in on the first of the month. I was told that the tenant hadn't moved yet, so I couldn't view it at the time but was assured that I could come see it closer to my move-in date once it was unoccupied. I put down a $300 deposit and signed the lease. For some reason, the agent hedged on giving me a copy of the lease I'd just signed, but i insisted and was finally able to drag a copy out of him before leaving.

All seemed to be going well...Until I made a general phone call to the leasing office mid-month and was surprised to learn that, lo-and-behold, my apartment would not be available on my lease start date; and that it would still be occupied at least several days afterwards. Noone could tell me how many days "several days" was going to be. All they could tell me was that there was no way I could occupy the apartment I signed for on my lease. Confused and irritated, I made another in-person visit to the Georgian leasing office to find out what was going on and was told yet again by the Senior Leasing Agent (yes, Ms. Wrong Keys herself) that I could not occupy the apartment on my lease start date. In fact, she went so far as to say that not only could I NOT move in, but they could make no arrangements for an alternate apartment or guest suite (standard for tenants in this situation) because none were available; and that I would be subject to a rent increase if I was to move-in after my lease start date.

Seriously. The Georgian officials told me that they would raise my rental rate written into the terms of my lease if they were to move me in after my lease start date, even though they were the ones forcing me to not move in on the date of my lease. And to top it all off, the Senior Leasing Agent was rude and dismissive and told me that "when it rains, it pours" in reference to my problems at the Georgian and that I should go live somewhere else. Wow. I'm floored to say the least.

At some point in this whole process, the Leasing Manager gave me what I guess he considered a valid reason for why I couldn't move-in: The apartment was still occupied by a tenant who had a unique type of lease where no notice to vacate is required; and since this tenant had not given them notice on their decision to stay on much longer, the leasing office didn't know that the apartment would still be occupied when they gave me the lease to sign. (I signed the lease more than a month before.)

Ummmmm...Why would you offer an apartment and even go so far as to set the lease, for apartments in which you have absolutely no idea of when the previous tenant is leaving' And even if this was the case, in an 800-unit complex, why not place me in a different apartment at the same rate' The fact that I held a lease and was first told that, "NO", there were no alternate apartments available to accommodate me and then later told that same day, "YES", there were apartments available - but only if willing to pay at a different rental rate - screams bait-and-switch to me.

So, to make a long story short, I was never given any real reason as to why I was denied the apartment even with a signed lease in hand(their claim that the current tenant decided not to leave is NOT a real reason to me) and the Georgian agents never once offered me my application fee or security deposit back on their own accord. I reported the Georgian and Riverstone Residential Group to the Montgomery County Housing Department plus others because of their contract breach. I had to contact their upper managers and open a case with Montgomery County in order to get my payments refunded/returned, which I did receive.

Pure incompetence and utterly criminal. My advice' Get copies of anything and everything you sign at the Georgian.

The Georgian advertises itself as a "luxury" apartment, but no luxury apartment should operate in this manner. If you want to sign a lease, pay a security deposit and pay application fees only to have them utterly breached and invalidated, then the Georgian is the place to be. Or if you like disorganized, incompetent, utterly disrespectful office staff that can't place the right keys, loses paperwork, etc then maybe the Georgian is your style. Don't let the pretty veneer fool you

• La
    laronda majors Feb 27, 2013

to whom it may concern, my name is laronda majors. i reside at 3815 north pearl st. apt b-2 ta coma, WA, 98407. the reason why I'm contacting you is because.I've been a tenant at [email protected] apt for 18 month! Ive, been stalked and harassed by tenants that's involved in gang activities. i have turned in proper statements and police and case numbers against certain tenants. and the assistant managers Vanessa and Kathy have been taking up for these tenants! I've contacted the police and gang unit about the gangs stalking that's been going on sense the 2 months that we moved in.. and there allowing for these people to right false statements about me. when i had complained about these residents. Vanessa and Kathy would say i know these tenants and there not like that! police told me its your managers!

• La
    laronda majors Feb 27, 2013

there have been certain tenants allowing there friends and family to bring viscous pit bulls on the premises to intimidate me and my daughters. apt d-6, b-4, u-4, u-6, f-15, b-1, s-17, s-1 there's 30 other units involved. when i complain about this gang stalking and harassment and bulling. it gets worse for me and my daughters. when i have complained Vanessa and Kathy would take up for these tenants. they have yelled at me and hung up in my face. I've been in touch with fair housing and the Tacoma police and gang unit. just as well as our legislator about the gang bulling. and also i caught Rico the maintenance man following me around a few times.and i caught him outside my daughters bedroom window!i discuss this with Melisa the manager yesterday. and today they put a 10 day notice on my door!

Resolved Riverstone ResidentialBad service

I live at an apartment complex. It has a four story garage attached to it.

Last night a brother/guest of one of the tenants set fire to a resident's car. He didn't know the resident, but just chose his car. The fire grew and torched/totaled 2 other cars and and ruined a few others. The fire alarms in the building never went off. An alarm went off in the parking area, which no one heard as it was obscured by metal doors. The fire trucks didn't sound their alarms either. It was around 2:00am.

Apparently, residents have complained to management numerous times regarding this group's drug parties on the roof. Last night a few cars were vandalized on the roof as well. It is interesting to note that the police officers knew these tenants by name.

There have been a number of door kick-ins, car window breaks, and robberies. The gates are often broken and solicitors frequently knock, leave flyers, etc.

What is really dismaying is that the management has done absolutely nothing to inform the residents. To a person who's car was totaled, a staff member said something along the lines that they were not responsible any more than his parents if something like this were to happen at his parent's house.

Does anybody know:

-A decent lawyer for these 4-6 people who have had their cars seriously damaged or totaled?

-Wether or not an apartment has liability for damages occurring on their property?

-Wether or not this is just cause to break a lease due to threat to security and safety?

This is a Trammel Crow/Riverstone Residential property called Alexan Bunker Hill.

• De
    deey Jul 06, 2010

Being Targeted

I live in the Shenandoah apartment complex in Sacramento, CA; it is managed by Riverstone residential.
    We also have mold in our bathroom on the ceiling, my sister who used to live in the same complex years ago also had mold in her bathroom, but also in her daughters room on the floorrug, and in the hallway on the walls. Recently we received a sixty day notice, with many false allegations. The manager stated that we had an altercation outside of our door last year in May and this Year in June.. ummm this is news to me and I live there. This allegation is FALSE. There were two times this year that the security guard was sent to our apartment. The first time there was a complaint of noise in the BACK we live in the VERY FRONT.. my son answered the door and the security guard stated he was checking we were there so he could vouch for us. The second time the security guard knocked on our door at 11:06pm and stated there was a complaint of noise coming from our apartment, my oldest son was on the front porch talking to the neighbor next door in a normal voice, my baby son was asleep on the couch.. we were not making any noise. Three days later we received a warning notice of making noise. I called the manager very upset and left a message I stated so no matter what if there are complaints we will be blamed, the next day I called her in the office she stated she was just about to call me and was in a meeting with her manager but would call me back, she never called me back. This last Friday July 2 I received a sixty day notice, I was supposed to renew my lease, and had spoken to the manager and she stated we would do the recert and see, but now I have received this notice. We have also been accused of some really ludicrous things, someone cut a big circle in the wood in the mailboxes I guess in an attempt to get to the mail, not knowing there is medal underneath, it looked like a chainsaw was used.. well in talking to the manager about one incident she mentioned this incident I stated my children did not do this! she said oh no I am not saying they did it is just things are happening.. but why mention it to me. The other incident was child broke the fire extinguisher glass I was outside coming home from work I heard the glass shatter and saw a little boy running, as I was going up the stairs to my apartment the neighbor opened the door and looked at me, The next day the manager stated that she was told that my son broke the glass, I told her no I was outside and my children were not even on the premises, she still persisted, I told her no I told her what I saw, she stated well the neighbors reported to her my son Brandon had done it, I told her I DON'T have a son named BRANDON... so she finally backed down. I have been living on pins and needles for the past year now and I am ready to move but I am not going to let them put false allegations in my file. I hope that anyone else who is experience problems with this management company will complain also.

Resolved Riverstone Residential — Illegal business practices

It would take a book now to include all but basically they have a very extensive and continuing problem with...