Ostling & Associates Complaints & Reviews

Ostling & AssociatesEverything

Do not go here. Their customer service is TERRIBLE!!! in the office and on the phone. They are not willing to accommodate your needs when it comes to getting a quick appointment. I paid them in full right away and I had to go out of two before my petition signing and they would not reschedule it for the day after.

Ostling & AssociatesStay away from these guys

I decided to file bankruptcy through the law offices of Ostling and Associated, LTD in February of 2012. the cost for me to file was a little over $. 900.00 dollars. I paid the law office of Ostling and Associates the amount of $600.00 dollars to start the process. In July I decided not to file and called Ostling and associates on July 7th of 2012 and requested a refund. I spoke with the attorney whom was to handle my case and he told me my money would refunded in a couple of days. A week went by and I received no refund. I called the office back and spoke with the sectary or someone who informed me that my attorney was now capable of telling me when I would receive a refund because refunds are performed by the office manager and refunds are only done at the end of the month. I spoke with the office manager who took my name and said that my request would be process by the end of AUGUST and I should receive my refund by September. It is currently SEPTEMBER the 6th. I called the office to see if my refund has be processed and I was told by the office sectary or someone that I was not in the system and she would have the office manager call me. When I sent this LAW office MY money I had them take the money out of my account directly, yet when I ask for a refund the LAW office informs me that they cannot put the money directly back into my account, they have to send a check in the mail and refunds are not done until the end of the month. My refund request started on July 7th of 2012 so my refund should’ve been process in the end of July yet it is September the 6th and I not yet received an refund for the Law office of Ostling and Associates, LTD. This is an organization that has man law offices in Illinois, yet the can not refund a single mother $.600.00 dollars.

• Dl
    DLFLYNN Nov 08, 2013

This is EXACTLY the same story we we're just told. The attorney told my husband we would receive our $500 down payment & the file I provided them& did all the work on. We just called there and the office manager "Susan" said the attorney aren't "allowed" to say that you would receive a refund until the file went through the office manager. When I asked to speak to the attorney office I was till he was on "vacation" until November 19th. How on God's green earth would someone LOGICALLY say...oh, I can't afford to finish filing my bankruptcy husband...the attorney explain the downpayment WOULD NOT be refunded & if you still need to file you will n start ALL opeople in disparate times.ver. I think if that option was proposed to us we would have tried...hard as it would have been...to make the remaining payments, rather than THROW AWAY $500 that we can't afford to lose. NOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!? Scammers taking advantage of disparate

Ostling & AssociatesThey are terrible!

Ostling & Associates sucks! They never return phone calls, they screw up the paperwork all the time on your bankruptcy! Don't use them! They screwed up 5 times on the paperwork for my Bankruptcy and now I don't have a reaffirmation on file for my mortgage or one of my car loans - therefore - both those banks won't report to my credit bureaus. Ostling & Associates (of course) aren't taking any of the blame & luckily I have a friend that is an attorney who knows the judge that signed off on my bankruptcy - so Ostling may have just screwed themselves!

Oh - & just to let everyone know - I found out that none of the judges in Central Illinois like Ostling because they screw people over!

• Ti
    ticked off in quincy Apr 01, 2010

Using Ostling & Assc. is worst than going to the dentist. My husband has been working with them for over six months. He has done all that they have asked. They have miss placed his paper work. We fax pay stubs and somehow they never get them. He calls the office, get put on hold for a long time, then is told someone will call him back. NOBODY ever calls back. Since he has been a client of their, he has talked to six or seven different legal aids. In their (A MESSAGE TO OUR CLIENTS) letter the first few lines state. " THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING OSTLING & ASSOCIATES TO REPRESENT YOU. WE RECOGNIZE THAT YOU HAVE HIRED US TO PERFORM LEGAL SERVICES AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE PLEASED WITH OUR PERFORMANCE." WELL WE ARE NOT!!! He paid all monies up front. We are giving them untill the end of business on 4-9-2010. If they have not done anymore for his case, we will go to a local attorney. Not just to settle bankruptcy, but to sue for time and suffering and to get a FULL refund.

• Av
    AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS Sep 29, 2010

As a former employee all clients are numbers, ALL this firm cares about are numbers. Each month Eric Ostling sends out a statistical sheet showing how each legal assistant and attorney performed for that month and totaled how the firm did compare to other firms filings. As an employee you need to meet those numbers to advance, that means ignore clients and move on to the next one, no time to take calls or answer questions about their case. And after the initial attorney meet and greet you will never be able to contact that attorney again unless there is a mistake in your case and they need to get more money from you. If the numbers are down watch out, Eric Ostling will yell and have fits of rage, all of the employees will scatter and avoid him, he will get in your face and poke you in the chest to make his point; basically assaults his employees, in fact he has had charges made with the police to that effect. He really has no idea what is happening in the firm from day to day unless there is a real problem, and most assistants will hand it off or try to hide it because they do not want to get yelled at. Almost every day some legal assistant is crying because he made them feel like nothing, but they keep working for him and make excuses for his behavior, like a battered wife, it is sick. The place is not run like a law office; in fact you are told it is a business first and numbers rule. REMBER IF YOU USE THIS FIRM TO ASK WHAT NUMBER YOU ARE. The office has a revolving door of attorneys, legal assistants, support staff and especially receptionist, he treats them the worst because they are required to be at their desks always and can not hide. He will yell at them in front of clients and makes them seem like they are not important and worthless, when they cry he gets even worst like he enjoys seing them cry. This was the worst job I ever had; traveling was nice because you did not have to deal with the main office and all of the crazy policies that change all the time, but not worth my mental health and wear on my car. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS, OTHER FIRMS WILL DO MUCH BETTER BECAUSE THEY ARE SMALLER AND CAN GIVE YOU THE PERSONAL ATTENTION YOU PAY FOR.

• Ti
    Tired of the fraud Nov 10, 2010

I wanted to say thank you for your posting. I have talked to a recent, former employee of Ostling & she has said the same things. She didn't work there very long because they told her to lie to clients about their paperwork. I am looking into filing a law suit against them. Anyone who w/be interested in also doing the same - please contact me at [email protected]

• Lo
    lost in debt Sep 22, 2011

I am currently a client who has experienced more headache, money loss and time wasted than I had with creditors calling me its horrible! They are right on the money when they say no one returns your phone calls!!! I paid extra to stop a wage garnishment so what happens they took my money and my wages are still being garnished I dont know how to get out of this mess? I want my money back so I can go else where so Im sure Ill get the run around about that too as well as no return phone call! I did my credit counciling paid in full turned in all my paper work they kept all my originals that they said they would copy and return so Im screwed and trusted too much in the honesty of a attorney that is paid to help me! Oh and they lost my credit counciling paper go figure huh! DON'T USE THIS SERVICE! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A NEGATIVE 10!

• Vo
    vow to get Ostling Aug 15, 2012

My son retained Mr. Ostling in 2009 for a Chapter7 and a chapter13 bankruptcy here in 2012 and several thousands of dollars later he is still trying to fight the city of Decatur Illinois over a filing in his Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Mr. Ostling failed to file the bankruptcy correctly and has also brought my son up on harrassment charges because he wants answers to his questions.Mr. Ostling his rude as are all of his employees.I feel that if a service is paid for if should be recieved.

• anotherpissedoffclient Aug 24, 2012

I also got screwed by Ostling. Due to a complaint that I filed with the attorney general's fraud division, which she forwarded to the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, he is currently under investigation. Please help me to get him DISBARRED by sending a copy of your complaint to them at:: ATTORNEY REGISTRATION AND DISCIPLINARY COMMISSION, ATTN: GARY S. RAPAPORT SENIOR COUNSEL, ONE NORTH OLD CAPITAL PLAZA, SUITE 333, SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS 62701

• anotherpissedoffclient Aug 25, 2012