ADVERTISIMENT

Ole Ben Franklin Motors Complaints & Reviews

Ole Ben Franklin MotorsScam

After hearing (radio) and seeing (TV) commercials for this dealership my youngest son and I decided to browse Ole Ben Franklin Motors inventory. This company uses "they own the bank) as their big advertising scheme. We arrived at the lot happy to see there was a good selection of vehicles, most under some type of warranty. Strangely enough there were no prices listed on the invoices.

When we indicated we wanted to learn more about th vehicles we were taken to a cubby hole to be, what we called, interrogated. Personal identifiable information was given and copies of our drivers licenses (blown up to 150%) were made. After 20 minutes we were told they could not check with all the banks since it was early evening (what happened to them owning the bank?) but we could put down $1000 or guns to purchase a vehicle. I grabbed the copies of our drivers licenses stating I would rather shred them at home and we walked out the door.

During this entire time we never were allowed to get into a vehicle or drive one. Something is not right at Ole Ben Franklin Motors.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Ole Ben Franklin MotorsLiers

I received one pf those scratch and win post cards in the mail from Ole Ben Franklin. It claimed every one was winner and call the number on the post card to see what you won. Among the prizes there was a new truck, a cash prize, and up to $1, 000 in the form of a wal mart gift card. Knowing I was likely wasting my time I called the number and the lady who answered directed me to a man. The man asked me for the number on the post card and when I read it off to him he said "congratulations, you just won a one thousand dollar gift wal mart gift card". I knew I should not get excited yet so I asked him several questions including what do I need to do to claim the prize and is there anything I should know about it like if you send in a receipt they will send you ten dollars for every $100 you spend? He told me no, it's nothing like that. You come in we will fill out a registration form and you will leave the gift card in your hand. I asked him "a one thousand dollar gift card?" and he said yes. I took down the address and drove straight there from work. I filled out a short registration paper and declined info on a new car. On the way home I was very excited because he actually gave me the gift card there! I am a single mom with two small children still in diapers. I work full time and I go to school full time, so you can imagine what going through my mind. How much groceries I can buy, How many diapers I can buy, how much milk and baby food I can buy! When I got home I scratched the pin and checked the balance. $5.00. getting the card cost me more than that in gas! I was so upset! I called and told the manager that I had been lied to and scammed out of my time and I would like to know why. I was told sorry, there is nothing I can do but if you would like a great deal on a car I'd be happy to help! I am furious that I was lied to and I was away from my home and my children for two hour for $5.oo!

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • Yc
        ycart0 Mar 04, 2012

Found a vehicle on ebay Listed by them. The only picture not listed on ebay was the back of the vehicle. I ask specifically about the back. Shannon said then that there was no problems. After negotiating a price over the phone I drove from Cleveland tn to Knoxville just to find the vehicle not as described. The back bumper was damaged and some of the clear coat was missing. I was also told when I test drove the vehicle to just go around the block. Not giving anytime to throughly test a vehicle. As I was weighing out the pros and cons of purchasing this vehicle with my wife Shannon complained about me nit picking the vehicle. When I called him out for not being clear to me about the back bumper, he called off the deal. Good customer service.

• Br
        Brenda Johnson Dec 10, 2018

@ycart0 They are liars. They claim to finance anyone and a sign in the show room says 100% approved, that is another lie. They claim to own the bank that is a lie.

ADVERTISIMENT