Newsweek Complaints & Reviews

NewsweekBad business practices

I signed up for a paper version of Newsweek but soon it became digital only and despite I had 8 more months on my subscription they still refused to give me refund stating that their digital service is absolutely the same to the paper one... What a false claim that is, how can you even compare a paper newspaper and 0 and 1 on your screen.

1 Response
    • Ag
      a.glass May 22, 2012

Non delivery of issue dated 21 May 2012.

This is the 2nd occasion within apprx 6 weeks that there has been no delivery !!!

for A.Glass
      Customer No.; [protected]
      P.O.Box 1426,
      SEA POINT, Cape Town
      South Africa

Newsweekwon't send refund

I cancelled my subscription to Newsweek in January 2011. I got an e-mail saying they owed me $110.00, and would send me a refund. In April they sent a check for $18.00, but no more. I have talked to them on the phone and e-mailed probably twenty times each method, but they still haven't sent me my refund. A customer service manager has sent me several sympathetic e-mails, but it has been a month since I first talked to her, and she still hasn't said they would send a refund. I have an e-mail sent me in January with the amount owed, but no one cares and no one does anything. WHAT CAN I DO? I just tried to attach this e-mail, but it says photo format not recognized.

1 Response
      • Mg
        mgvilkin Feb 18, 2013

I have had a similarly frustrating experience except I am paid up through 2020 and haven't gotten anything. They are hucksters and thieves and am probably going to have to go to small claims court. So much for their integrity. If you find out anything I'd love to hear about it.

NewsweekNever received magazine

October 22, 2008 sent check (cleared my bank on 11/3/08) for a two-year "Professional Saving Summany" subscription to Newsweek. I have yet to receive a copy. I sent a letter asking for a refund to the above address (251 W. 57th Street, NYC, NY 10019) on 1/6/09 and have not received a reply.

The subscription form and check was sent to: Newsweek, PO Box5574, Harlan IA [protected]

Any suggestions for my next steps?

Thanks