New National Assurance Complaints & Reviews

New National Assurancerejection

Hi
I bought a Renault Sandero Stepway in April 2011 through Absa.I took out an insurance policy with New National Assurance. My husband had an accident with my car on the 1st of July. I submitted my claim the same day. The assessor said that the car was a write-off and the insurance company towed the car in the following week from Delportshoop to Johannesburg. Every time we phone them to find out how far the claim is they told us that they wait for the report of the loss adjuster. They kept us in the dark for 5 months and deduct their debit every month from my account. I paid a additional premium for car hire but were told that they first have to approve the claim before I can get a courtesy car. I never got a courtesy car and they e-mail me on the 18 November that they reject the claim. They told me that I must fetch my car in Johannesburg and pay the release fees and transport my car back to Kimberley at my own expense. I don't know what to do anymore but I'm mad as hell.

New National AssuranceI will never recommend this lethargic insurance company to anyone

I had my cel phone stolen on the 14th of August 2009, and lodged a claim which after numerous phone calls from my side, I found out they had lost. I immediately resent the info to them and waited patiently. After numerous phone calls from my side I eventually received a notice of payment after one month. After I re-faxed it to them they said they would process the cheque and the funds would be available after 5 to 7 working days. I phoned them this morning again to find out where my money was, and subsequently found out they had not processed it yet! It is now 8 weeks since my original claim, and still NOTHING! I will NEVER recommend this lethargic insurance company to ANYONE! It was recommended by my service provider, I-Talk.

I need my phone for Day to day business as all my emails are retrieved on it when I am not in my office during the day. I have spent at least R150 to R200 on cell phone correspondence and lost time and business due to their ineptitude.

I hope they will respond to this letter to them.