Laser Hair Removal Complaints & Reviews

Laser Hair RemovalNegligence

Manager of facility was more concerned in sale and finances than client satisfaction. Due to Stephanie Sharp's negligent act of not allowing a simple drawing, as was given by another employee for self explanatory areas, the bikini area turned to be a mess (looked like hairless cat), but now a tiny soul patch where I did not want hair. May sound like vanity, but it is that this 50 yr old woman is now left feeling neutered & ridiculous. After $2, 500 in bikini area, and a total of 7K, this person would not recommend this business. Hair is now returning in all areas treated, and one area (lip) was determined should not have been sold at all during conversation with Stephanie. She is rude, just out for a sale & should not be in a managerial position. Of course, perhaps that is what IDEAL IMAGE is looking for $$$$, hard sale, and no looking back. Would not be worth the extra cash to go after company, as Stephanie obviously knew when speaking.

As stated in the office in Fort Myers & to Stephanie Sharp on phone, "One should not leave with the feeling of, and I paid them to do this to me!"

The one area I did not expect to have hair (underarm area, pictured) looks as though it will be totally filling in again too. TOTAL WASTE of time, money & a mental/emotional roller-coaster that I will have to live with the rest of my life. DISAPPOINTED is an understatement. Cry every time in a changing room, or telling someone about experience with "business". Hair where not wanted & no hair where wanted. Not even an apology by company, or manager responsible. So much for service industry. Enough said!

Negligence
Negligence

Laser Hair Removal

[Resolved] Laser Hair RemovalBuyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Ideal Image is a complete scam. Their
advertising is false, misleading and illegal.
Their consultants work on commission and will mislead you, misrepresent
their services, and outright lie, just to get you to sign their contract. They charge nearly ten thousand dollars, (morethan 800 dollars per treatment) not caring if their services work for you or
not.

“Not having to shave” is the first of many lies you will be told. I was
told “You’re going to love not having to shave.” Only if it were true! I
completed all nine required treatments of laser hair removal. (Full legs and
Brazilian) I still have a significant amount of dark hair and need to shave
every day. I see no difference in the
amount of hair I have on my legs and bikini area. All of their advertisements say “no more
shaving, no more waxing, no more stubble, be hair free.” These advertisements are intentionally
misleading, and outright lies.

I was misled into signing their agreement. I was told because I have light skin and dark
hair I was an ideal candidate for laser hair removal and would have fantastic
results. They never assessed my actual
hair (after all treatments were completed, I learned they should have). I was told by my consultant J**, how jealous
all her friends were when she went on a cruise, because she never had to
shave. I was repeatedly told I would
love not shaving. Not once prior to signing the contract, and starting
treatment, was I told I would ever need to shave again. I was convinced I would be “shave free, ” as
their advertisements promised. Not until
my third treatment, did they start saying, “You know you may still need to
occasionally shave”. WHAT? The lies continued. I was told, “You will only need to shave once
a month” and “You will only have like 12 hairs left”. The lies just piled on. As treatment progressed, I expressed more and
more concern.

The contract is only to protect them from lawsuit. The only reason they
make you sign it is because they know they are intentionally misleading
you. The contract states “laser hair
removal doesn’t remove blonde, grey or white hair”. But they had just finished telling me how I
had dark hair, and I would be a perfect candidate. They take away your right to full legal
representation in a court of law. They protect themselves against class action.
Why? Because they know they are ripping you off.

Two months after my final treatment I wrote to J** to tell her I was
very unhappy with the results and wanted a refund. I let my hair grow out for 6 days and went in
for an assessment. I was told the
remaining dark hair was untreatable because it was actually “ash” colored. More lies!
The nurses said the state nurse would contact me in 7-10 days. The state nurse never contacted me yet wrote
in my file she did. Another lie! After a month of no correspondence, I let my
hair grow out for 2 weeks. The dark hair
was very obvious. I wrote again to ask for a 2
nd assessment. No response!
They just ignored me. They had their money, they simply didn’t care.

I contacted the owners of two independent local salons for 2nd
opinions. They were both in shock at how
much dark hair remained after 9 treatments.
They informed me the industry standard is 5-6 treatments. One owner is also an electrolysis. She was able to remove several hairs and
examine their roots. The roots were
definitely dark, which means they are treatable. This is evidentiary proof that Ideal Image’s
assessment is just another lie.

As of the date of this post, I have written to the corporate office to
ask for a refund based on the evidence provided by the two independent salon
owners. I am waiting for their response.
I’m not holding my breath. I hope you
can learn from my mistake, and save yourself the financial loss, grief, and
aggravation I have endured.

• Resolution Statement

After correspondence with the corporate headquarters, we have come to an amicable solution just before the holidays. I'm pleased with the outcome.

Laser Hair RemovalHorrible and Rip Off

Do not get any laser hair removal from this place!! I can honestly say without a doubt, that the 3year almost 4 experience with this place, has been the worst experience of my 40yr old life!! Financially and personally!! Extremely unprofessional and it has never worked!! Please take this complaint seriously! I don't want anyone else to have to suffer the way that I have!!!

Laser Hair RemovalCustomer Service & Refund

Rude Manager Ms. Siddhi Patel, called police when I voice my complain of no refund and poor service quality. I was there with my 3 month old baby. Have never been through such insult ever in my life before. She only care about her money and nothing else.

I am leaving the country but she still refuse to refund the money back, so now its like open stealing and theft under the name of a Spa.

Laser Hair RemovalServices not working

I bought a hair removal package from American Laser Center for $8000 with extended warranty. Service will be ending for me soon and I have not seen any results - at all. No lightening of hair, no elimination or sparseness. I have been going regularly for 2 years now and since my 2 years is almost up some of the technicians are telling me I will need to purchase more to continue treatment and some technicians are telling me I might have a testosterone problem or my settings are not high enough. A few of the technicians have been downright nasty, telling me that my pore size is decreasing, and that means, that the treatments are working... Some of technicians have also spoken to me about the ethical dilemma they find themselves in working for this company.While other technicians seem to revel in the power and manipulation they can impose on others.

Please don not go to American Laser center the packages do not work and as a customer you will be treated as just another number in the end when service rendered does not live up to ALC definitions.

Laser Hair Removalcheaters

I went to the local office in Phoenix for a "Free" Consultation. I told the manager that I had done my research and that the YAG Laser is good for Asian Skin Type. They confirmed that they have the YAG Laser and would use that on me. Then I asked for the number of years of experience their staff had, and they said over one year.

I felt comfortable and signed up for the permanent hair removal treatments.

Then during my first appointment, they did not use the YAG Laser for hair removal Treatment, So I got suspicious.

For the next appointment, I went prepared with a mini video and audio recorder and got it down on Tape that they would use the YAG for my second treatment. Infact the lady who did my second treatment, during my treatment said that they are using the Diode YAG laser. There is no such thing as a Diode YAG laser. After the laser treatment, I saw the machine and took some pics, and it was an IPL Laser.

Well, I have proof and am prepared to take this to court.

I want to appeal to any one who has similar experience to email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. We need to show these people that this is America, where Business Ethics and Morals cannot be violated to benefit the pockets of a few already rich cats.

Thanks.

Laser Hair Removaldeceptive

I haven't started my treatments yet, but in reading my contract information closer...I was deceived. It's my own fault, but if you have to be so on gaurd for scams, the business should be avoided all together. First of all, the consultant didn't examine the hair in places I elected to have treatment. Had she, she would have noted that I wanted a lot of peach fuzz removed...the contract specifically says that peach fuzz doesn't respond to laser hair treatment. Secondly, the consultant went on and on, acting like I was getting a STEAL for what I was paying ($7, 000 for 4 full body treatments). I mean really, she deserves an oscar: "O' s#!*, I could get fired for giving this discount!" Supposedly the regular price for the package is $12, 000. On all of the boards I've visited NO ONE paid more than $7, 000 for FIVE full body treatments!!! Lastly, the contract just isn't in the buyer's favor. There are too many things that you are likely to be dissatisfied with and there's no resolution for you but to forfeit your money...ALL OF IT!!! I should have read the contract, you might say. Well before you read the full contract, they place the financial contract on top for you to sign the NO REFUND policy, and that also comes after you've given your payment information. After that, you get the bad info. DON'T BE A FOOL LIKE I WAS!!! Even they're own contract says it doesn't work, but the consultant will tell you "you will be hairless the rest of your life!"

Jay45 Dec 03, 2010

Wow !!! did you finance the charge? If you financed it and had no service maybe you can dispute the charge.

Laser Hair RemovalHAIR REMOVAL IS NOT PERMANENT

To Gary Graves,
This letter is in reference to a complaint I have filed against American Laser Centers. I have attached a letter I sent to ALC in August of 2008 which gives a detailed account of my 3 year ordeal with ALC. I began my formal letter writing to ALC in August 2008. Prior to this I was in direct contact with Dana Ehrman at the Buckhead clinic.
My main point of contact with ALC has been Dana Ehrman at the Buckhead office # [protected]. After about a year of treatments at the Johnson Ferry clinic, I was transferred to the Buckhead clinic to begin treatment on a newer more effective machine. After over a year of treatment intervals of every 5 weeks, I expressed my concerns to her in mid 2007 and was told by her that she was in contact with corporate trying to find a resolution. Corporate has never once contacted me and I have never once had a consultation with a real doctor. I have only been able to talk with the technicians at the clinic, all of which have different opinions and ideas as to the effectiveness of laser hair removal.
The lack of concern or commitment of ALC to follow through with any part of what was a unique case where treatment was totally ineffective has been extremely frustrating. All along I was told to be patient while time was running out on my 2 year guarantee. Now time has run out on my guarantee and ALC is telling me that because of this, I am not eligible for a refund.
Also, please be aware that I have requested copies of treatment times and dates on several occasions and have yet to get these records. With at least 50 treatments logged in their system, I feel that these records would show my commitment and willingness to follow their guidelines and recommendations.
If your office is unable to undertake this complaint, could you please help me obtain these treatment records so I may be able to better prepare for a civil lawsuit in small claims court.

Respectfully,

• Gary quit the company back in Nov. 08

• Pj
    Pjehrman Feb 13, 2010

Brandon-

Why would you even bring up Dana's name in your complaint. Nice to see you pick on a woman who's only mistake was trying to help you. Lack of concern was in no part by Dana and you should have made that fact clear. ALC has its problems but posting Dana's name publicly is a bit over the line. Question for you Brandon: Did she even sell you your package? Ohh, That's right she did'nt. Why did'nt you mention the clown who sold you in the first place.

I do hope you feel better venting on the only person that tried to help you resolve your problem. Another thing Brandon, I mean Seriously bro, You are a Guy; use a razor...

Paul Ehrman

Laser Hair RemovalClosed facility, alternative not accepting clients, 161 mile drive to next choice

This is a retraction, with apologies, regarding statements I made, accusing Michelle. I went to United Laser Clinics as a stress relief after two very bad years. My memory clearly suffers for them.
It was a different ULC employee who e-mailed me misinformation and unrealistic alternatives regarding continuation of treatment, followed by a lack of response when I requested specifics.
I was confused by the accusations of other complainers who thought Michelle was the owner of ULC. The Better Business Bureau has a different name for the owner.
I strongly suggest you look there. www.indianapolis.bbb.org
I need to know why Michelle is being accused by these other individuals.
Please advise, as this is very important.
[protected]@sbcglobal.net

• My
    Mystic8367 Jun 11, 2012

I have been going to Sleek Medspa for 2 years for laser Hair Removal for my face. I have seen the problem get worse since they require you to shave the area, before recently seeing thinning of the hair. When I went to my last treatment I was refused service stating there was nothing more they can do yet if i wanted to continue treatment would have to sign some kind of release form. I already have a lifetime contract yet are requiring me to sign additional papers instead of fixing the problems they have caused with my face. I even bought additional treatments of micros and chem peels to "help the laser treatments", all of which did nothing and co me an additional $665.00. I would not recommend coming here especially if your of a darker complexion, they have no idea how to treat our skin and reading these other reviews makes it clear they should not be in business!

Laser Hair RemovalAbrupt closing

I bought a package of eight (8) laser hair removal for my face. I received my first treatment @ 40 exchange. I called to schedule my second, I was told they were going to relocate and I would have to use there midtown location. Agreed, I had no choice scheduled my second one at 1775 Broadway. When I called to scheduled the next one, I got the run around, the story that they were going to merge with another company, and that I will be contacted in the next two (2) weeks. A month went by, when I called they had gone out of bussiness. They closed down and took everybody's money. So unfair. Now, my treatment is incomplete, will have to go to another center and get more money...

Laser Hair RemovalPaid $9,000...Horrible Treatment!

I began laser hair removal treatments with Dr. Shel Wellness & Medical Spa in August 2006. I purchased a full body hair removal package (arms, underarms, face, back, stomach, buttocks, bikini, legs) which cost me $9, 000 in installments over 4 months. She did my first treatment and told me that she would be in the room during all of my treatments. I hardly saw her after my first session, unless it was time to make my payment. She must have found it much easier to just TELL my laser specialist what settings I should be on without even looking at my hair or progress, because that's exactly what she did thereafter. I could tell that I wasn't getting results by my 4th or 5th treatment, and notified her immediately. After even a year I had only reached minimal reduction. I had meetings with her, my laser specialist, even the Cutera representative and at that time she promised to get me to a certain percentage of hair reduction (only in a few body parts) and we came up with new ways to do this. Now, she did follow through for some months, and for that I was grateful. However, I was still not getting anywhere near my goal. After she moved into her new office on Hwy 6, I went in only for the second time and after my laser specialist and I passed by her office, she called her in to speak to her. After a few minutes the laser specialist came back and said that "Dr. Shel" said there is nothing more they can do! I asked what happened to our plan and when she couldn't answer my question, I asked if I could meet Dr. Shel to discuss this. I was told that she's with someone...her office was empty when I walked by. I said I would wait, and in an attempt to throw me out of the office, I was told that she was booked all day and wouldn't have time to meet with me at all. I had no choice but to leave. I called back a few times the next week, leaving her messages asking her to call me. I never got a call back..from anyone at the office. The next time I called back, I got a new receptionist on the line who apparently didn't know my situation and I managed to get an appointment to speak with Dr. Shel. On the day of my appointment, my laser specialist called me and left a voicemail saying, "I wanted to schedule a phone call instead of a meeting, I don't know what you need to meet her for, I told you everything there was." I was so upset I didn't know what to do, but I just wanted to get a copy of my file for my records. They gave me hell for that too. I was pushed around, lied to, and constantly tested, not to mention completely HUMILIATED! The new manager got in my face, was rude and refused to let me see her. After the cancellation on my appointment with her, I didn't even want to see her, all I was there for this time, was for my copy of MY file. And they weren't giving it to me. I finally had to throw a tantrum and I actually began crying because I was being treated like a crook. One of the nurses from her husbands dentist office (the same building) came to calm me down. She spoke to the manager and a few minutes later he came out with the copy of my file. I saw Dr. Shel once that time, when she walked out to talk to the manager. She looked at me and waived, as if she was oblivious to the whole situation. That is just bad business ethics and plain foolish that she didn't have the courtesy to speak to me just once in person. Bottom line, I didn't get what I paid for, I was humiliated and neglected because my treatments weren't working. Today, 6 months later and close to $10, 000 less, I am still waxing my full body every 4 weeks-just as before the treatments, my face more frequently. Now i'm not at all saying that everybody will have a bad experience or bad treatment. However, I do say that keep in mind before getting any procedure from their clinic that results do vary from person to person, so keep in mind the possible chance of not being satisfied along with my experience and then decide if it is something that you would want to go through.

Laser Hair Removal — Laser burns

HAVE YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE BEEN BURNT BY LIGHTSHEER OR OTHER LASER MACHINE. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET...

Laser Hair RemovalScars and Unsatisfaction with company

I have been a customer of American laser Centers for 3 years. They told me my hair would be gone in 6 treatments. After all this time and paying 3700 dollars I still have 50% hair left and they are NOW asking for 8800 MORE dollars to continue my treatments. I asked the manager Hailey to atleast let my microderms continue because I have scars which the LASER caused (the manager Tiffany (the only nice manager at ALC, but who doesn't work there anymore) let me get them because of the severity of my scarring. She said my microderms "cost the company too much". This company sucks. Don't waste your time or your money. I recommend you go look for a more reputable laser hair removal firm. They are the Devil and I have had such a bad experience that I am going to spend everyday of my life leaving a bad message about the company somewhere online. Atleast I can do that right? Youtube, complaint boards, websites, forums, AND word of mouth. Here I come!!!

• Ga
    garrett Aug 14, 2008

Unfortunately you have been scammed from the beginning. NO HAIR REMOVAL TECHNIQUE IS PERMANENT. There is no permanent way to remove hair forever. Some of it may die away, but you will never get it all to just vanish, no matter what.
    Laser is good for long term effects. Ask any cosmetologist at ANY hair salon.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices