La Curacao Complaints & Reviews

La CuracaoLaptop

La curacao is a total scam, they force people to buy guarrantie on their products and when its time to have them fixed things and give customer satisfaction you can forget that. I had the worst experience with them and I wish I could terminate my account with them and they wont let me, I either pay off what I owe them or risk my self with my second laptop. So my laptop I bought from them in december of 2010 was in their store twice for repair, which they keep every time for a whole month, and if it wasnt for me calling them almost everyday they wouldnt even bother. So last December my laptop stop working and again took it in, they had for a month never called me back and when I called they said it wasnt repairable anymore and that I need to go in and get a new one. So here I am thinking I wont even owe them anymore because if they item that they sold me in a year broke so fast and I bought a guarrantie I should be safe right, but no, with my luck I went in, and basically you have no option, you have to get a new laptop, to which they start a whole new account, they finance they new laptop as well as the guarrantie and so your basically starting all over and they do not give you the option to not take another lapton and close the account, I was there for four hours trying to fight this issue and end up just taking another laptop just to get out of there I really want someone to tell me if this things that they are doing are legal or who can do something about this situation where I know I am not the only one going thru this. Please let me what can I do to get compensated because now I am stuck with anothey two year contract with them and they did nothing to help me walk away happy.

• Kr
      kristy7971 Dec 21, 2012

i had my laptop since last sunday overnite i dont know what happen but my screet is broke they charged me a 250waranty plus another insurance i took it in they said it considered neglegt on my part i got 3difrent opinions including best buy and they sai the type of comp i have has problems with the screen heating upif its plugged to my charger and it was and they said they put a claim thru with american bankers insurance and they faxed it but the people said they recieved nothing and today i went back was told the store mgr would be in in 15 min hah she nevered showed and then ask if i could wait another hour lol and they are themost racist people my husband is mexican and they treated every mex that walked in thete so good but me a woman that spent 1800 and white was thrown to the wolves im getting a lawyer its unfair and illegal

La Curacaostore/employees

I purchased a refrigerator a lilttle more than a month ago and was promised not interest for 12 months if i opened and account so i went ahead and opened it up and when i received the statement the interest had already been added. I went to discuss the issue at the store they gave me the run around sending me to different people. I asked to speak to a store manager and the store manager passed me along to a supervisor that could not do her job correctly. I spoke to the store manager once more after the supervisor said she could do nothing to help out a customer and the store manager said he didnt have the power to change the interest on my account. I have called corporate and they are working on a solution to either return the product or to deduct the interest charges on my account. I have never felt so un welcome at a store not only are the associates rude but the management team is completely worthless. BUYER BEWARE NEVER SHOP AT THE CURACAO !!!

• Fp
        Fphillip Dec 11, 2011

Rookie mistake shopping at the Curacao for credit.

• Ro
        Ron.C Oct 16, 2010

We need to reach people and show them how bad la curacao is. Their staff is soo awful. All this week i been calling to ask if they have the Ipod Touch 4 Gen in stock. Non of the curacaos say that they have it. Their newspaper clearly says they have all new Ipods. Why would they advertise something they do not carry? After 2 weeks, i called La Curacao in Huntington Park and asked when the new Ipods would arrive. I got answers from "1 week" "2 Weeks" " On the weekend" I was told this by the same person and maybe some other staff. Obviously, they don't know what they are doing. Two days ago the supervisor answers and tells me that the ipods will be available tomorrow and that he is sure. I told him to confirm it, and he did. Went the next day and the staff said no ipods were going to be available for at least two weeks. La Curacao needs to hire employees that know what they are doing or that don't make ### up. I knew this person that used to work for La Curacao in the computer department. He said he was told to convince customers that the computers are backed up by a good warranty and to sell the extended warranty. He says that if he is called about any computer problems, to direct customers to another line or put them on hold and they will hang up after some time on hold. He says they don't back up their warranty they sell, and they will go far to not refund or fix a computer. The computers are expensive and over the MSRP price. And they don't have console games like Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP by themselves. They bundle them with the cheapest games and cheap accessories and bring the price up horrible. A DS Bundled at $299? Come on, it comes with two games (Each cost at most $20) and accessories valued at $30 and the ds alone is $130 in most retail stores. That should be $180 in worth. They add $120. And people buy it because they are forced to buy the bundle since there is no other option and because many people don't have credit anywhere else and la curacao is known to give credit to almost anyone. So a good place to start you credit but with insane prices on electronics and alot of other items. If they don't sell at higher prices then the MSRP, then they are selling it at the MSRP price. While other stores already are selling those items at around half the price. They are most for the latino people. And they take advantage of their own people. They give them credit when they are new to the country, give them a huge APR and sell to them at prices t hat are over the original price.

La Curacao — Lousy repair service

I have a Fridge that no longer works, it has been like this for 10 days. I went to ask to have it fixed on...