Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Complaints & Reviews

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fanbroken, no customer service

I moved into a rental unit with a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. It worked at first but one day it stopped. The remote does work; I can use it for another fan in the unit. The problem is with the actual fan.

I've asked Home Depot for help and have been yelled at and hung up on. "We don't service Hampton Bay fans!" is all they will say. There is nowhere else to turn for help except for a Hampton Bay web site that charges the consumer to ask a question!

Really...you can either call Home Depot and get hung up on, or write to Hampton Bay and actually pay them to tell you how to fix their shoddy product. This is ridiculous.

• HomeDepot_Care Apr 14, 2010

Hi,
    My name is Michael from Home Depot Customer Care, I am sorry that you are having some issues with trying to replace your Hampton Bay remote, I will be glad to assist. Please send a detailed email with product details to [email protected]

Michael
    The Home Depot
    Atlanta, GA 30339

Hampton Bay Ceiling FanBad quality product!

I recently bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, model 761 567, a 60" Brookdale. Installation was straight forward and I expected no problems. The fan is controlled via a remote which controls fan speeds and the light fixture. After installation it functioned as advertised until later that evening when the light came on unexpectedly and without input through the remote control. Since then the light has a mind of its own and comes on seemingly whenever it wants to. That's particularly annoying at 3 AM.

I'm looking for a fix. If anyone has experienced a similar situation and found the cure!

• Co
    common manf Jul 21, 2008

Change the dip switches on the fan and remote to another combination.

YOu are most likely getting signals from your neighboors.

• Me
    Melanie Stein Aug 25, 2008

I have also had the same problem, which is how I found your complaint. I googled the issue and your problem was the first to pop up. I have no idea how to fix it and I am wondering if you had any luck, or if you just went out and bought a new one?

Chris Langaster Aug 05, 2011

I have a Hampton Bay Brookkedale II 60" ceiling Fan. The bottom light comes on and off automatically while the ceiling fan is on, even if i turn the light off.

Hampton Bay Ceiling FanLack of ability to order new blades!

A wind storm caught my outdoor ceiling fan. got it spinning and tilted it into the arbor. All blades broke. I am trying to purchase new blades. The fan is new and they still are selling the same model at Home Depot.

The Hampton Bay website gives me no options to order the blades or even communicate with them about my situation. They point all contact requests to Home Depot. I emailed Home Depot and they replied with their website and the location of their near by store.

Home Depot shows me the options I can order from out of a catalog but none with fit the Four Winds outdoor model.

Neither Home Depot or Hampton offer me help.

I need to fix this fan with now blades and replace another one on the porch. Tell me WHY I would buy another Hampton Bay.

• Am
    Amelia Lasater May 15, 2007

I have Hampton Bay ceiling fans with remote control. After replacing batteries, cannot get the fan to work... not even come on. The remote is lit, so the batteries are in correctly. Please advise.

• Ra
    Rachael May 26, 2007

Our remote control is not working properly. We can operate the fan but not the light control. We put in new batteries. We cannot turn the light on or off, or dim the light with the remote. We can only turn on the light with the light switch. We use to be able to turn the light off when the fan was in operation and we use to be able to dim the light. Not happening now. How can we fix this problem?

• De
    Dean Tong Jul 08, 2007

I too have a remote controlled Hampton Bay fan and the remote receiver inside the fan failed just after one year (out of warranty). Home Depot was no help, and after searching all over, I found a dealer in Texas who would sell me a replacement for $80. At this price I might as well buy a new fan. Apparently this is a major problem with Hampton Bay fans yet they don't do anything about it. I will never buy another Hampton Bay fan.

• Sc
    scott Jan 15, 2008

i will never use anything but hampton bay fans, i have installed thousands and never had a problem that couldnt be corrected,home depot has always helped me

• Ge
    GeniusAtWork Aug 22, 2008

All the negative comments in here are not entirely the fault of the Home Depot or Lowes. It is YOUR OBLIGATION to retain the owner's manual and other literature., it even say so in the booklets.

You will notice there's a toll-free number to contact the ORIGINAL Importer/Manufacturer for the fan. Hampton Bay is a store brand owned by The Home Depot and Harbor Breeze is the store brand of Lowes.

They DO NOT manufacture ANY fan OR STOCK REPLACEMENT PARTS IN THEIR HOME CENTERS. In order to get your fan repaired you need to contact the supplier/vendor directly NOT The Home Depot or Lowes.

Here's the steps to follow in order to get your fan back in working order.

#1-RETAIN ALL INCLUDED LITERATURE.
    #2-In case of assistance, call the toll-free number listed either on the owner's manual OR THE LABEL ON TOP OF THE FAN.

#3-Provide the Customer Service agent the 6-digit SKU# if is a fan from The Home Depot or Expo Design (or 5- digit Item# if is from Lowes) found on the same labeln .
    #4-State your fan's finish, and the need of your call.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices