GrantMaster Complaints & Reviews

GrantMasterScam charges

Just because a company has a 'policy' that says 'our sales people inform you of this, that and the other thing' doesn't mean they actually do. This is the worst form of lie; it's intended to be a lie and more lies are used to confuse the issue. The legal process is then used as a barrier to justice; the whole thing turns in to a 'I said, you said' argument.

The charges are relatively small so no one will get a lawyer to fight it. This means that petty thievery is, by default, acceptable and even encouraged. The only way this company will get put in to the justice system is if a class action suite is filed by someone or the government.

I've disputed the charges through my bank. We'll see where that goes. If I end up calling the support numbers I'll do my best to remember that the representative on the phone is just doing their job and they are not the ones who lied to me. Most often managers are to blame.

It's clear this company is a scam. GrantMaster, go ahead and attach your standard rebuttal form. No one is fooled by that crap. Unfortunately your lies will continue to fool people who are unaware of it.

8 Responses
    • Co
      confused about "free money" Jan 22, 2009

I ordered a CD for $2.29 and after 5 months noticed I had been billed about $200.00. At $39.95 per month for 5 months and an over-the -limit fee of $40.00 from my credit card company, I believe I have paid way too much for a CD that never worked when I got it. The company states they had a disclaimer on the website and the confirmation email. I LOOKED for a catch and did not find it. I keep all of my emails and it is NOT on the confirmation page. When I called customer service they said they could refund the past two months. Not a very generous offer when I haven't received services for well over $100.00 after their "refund"...

• Am
      amos/banzhoff Aug 03, 2008

they-have-lied-about-there-way-of=doning-things-just-to/get
      your-money'.they-have-taken-money-out-that-was-not-ask.for-i
      would.like;for-them-to-put-it-back-and-the-cd-that-they-sent-was

ascam

from-amos-banzhoff

Ryan Aug 01, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call [protected].

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

• Do
      Dolores Jul 31, 2008

I ordered a cd for applying for a grant the total was to be $2.29 which I paid. A few days later while looking at my bank account I found a charge from them for $39.95. No where in their advertising did they state I would be charged this or any other amount other than the $2.29. They messed up my account and I am complaining.

• Fa
      faye boss Jul 12, 2008

I sent $59 plus $10 and you took it off my master card, for information about getting many Grants i quilify for. I have not recieved anything. So you are going to just take my money off my card and not send me anything, I dont think so. Put my money back on my card. Faye Boss, Lansing, mi. 48906

Chris a Wagner Jun 19, 2008

I also have fallen victim to the "free" grant master cd. I found their number and spoke to a HUMAN! I canceled all accounts, yes there are more than one with this company.They gave me cancellation codes. Guess we will see what happens to my money now. Their phone number as of 6-19-08 is [protected]. Good luck to all others with this site!

• Am
      amanda niles Jun 13, 2008

Was charged 2.29 to try out cd and then without knowing they were charging my account without my permission of $39.95, witch is money i don't have to spend on such things as this. It would be nice for a refund of what money they took from me.

Annetta May 28, 2008

I ordered a "free" cd about obtaining grants. I was to pay only s&h, $1.99. Now they are charging me $39.99. They have my cc# now. I am really pissed!

GrantMasterFraud & Incorrect Info

PLEASE READ THIS! A few months ago, I found this websit and starting posting warning people away from GrantMaster and other associated companies. When I filled in the original information to post a complaint, I had accidentally put my personal address and phone number instead of putting the address & phone number for GrantMaster.

If you dial a 559 area code, this is not GrantMaster, it is me personally. The companies that have ripped me off (all associated: Grant Master - GSA - SBA EXPRESS - Grant Writer Pro - Networkagenda, all handled by Raven Media) are located in both Idaho and Las Vegas, NV. The only phone number I was able to find for GrantMaster is [protected]. I've tried, but it's useless to try to get any info from these people.

I must recommend that if you did supply a debit card number to any of these companies, contact your bank immediately and tell them to cancel your debit card. They'll send you a new one and there's no problem. You're only out of a card for a week or so, which when you think these companies are probably tagging consumers at $100+ a pop, that's a small price to pay. Use checks! They still work. If you used a credit card, contact the company and tell them you lost your card and they'll also send you a new one with a new number.

So please, for future reference, GrantMaster is not located in Exeter, California...I am.

1 Response
        Ryan May 06, 2008

The above posting is inaccurate in many ways. Below you will find the information need to contact our company to answer your question or address any concerns you may have.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures are posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above ( depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "GRANTSEARCHASST". For questions, call [protected].

For customer service you may call [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves, before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

GrantMasterFraud and cheating!

Grant master is charging people for a cd that does not load and gives you nothing but blank info also there is no useful info on the face page i am mad as hell.

4 Responses
        • Ad
          Adam P Jul 29, 2008

Grantmaster is stealing my hard earned money as well. I don't think this will be going on any further. I too purchased the $1 CD it was sent a week or two later, the CD doesn't have any program on it just a few pictures of the Grantmaster logo and a few text info documents, nothing of any use to anyone. Surely not enough info to write a grant of the $100, 000 variety. I would say the info is not even worth the $1 I paid for it. I tossed the disc and chalked this one up to stupidity, owe well it was a dollar. SURPRISE! What are these other charges 2-3 weeks later from these other companies for 39.95, 9.95, 1.14, and so on. I believe it was about 4 companies in total. Never gave permission to use my Amex card for these. Called Grantmaster, complained. After being interupted treated poorly by customer service representative, they wanted to get me off the phone so they gave me some cancelation #'s and said they would refund the $. I could almost hear the laughter in the background folks.
          I'm not satisfied with this lie as a response, So American Express has now been alerted as well and so has my Credit Protection Agency. AMEX has put a Fraud alert out on Grantmaster, I don't know about these other companies that my credit card and personal information have been sold to without my permission, but the Card had to be cancelled none-the-less.
          I too have been scammed, and because I was being lazy have to now spend the rest of the day changing my other bills around to my other cards and accounts because a get rich quick scam company out of Vegas has ripped me off.
          Word to the wise, if your a business person, very busy and looking for extra funds for research or other grants or loans, just spend the time to do it right and contact the Government yourself.
          I'm pissed, and P.S. Grantmaster, I am a researcher for the U.S. Government. I have lots of contacts, and they will be getting my poorest rating of your company. I'll be inquiring with the Military JAG office this week as well, whether stealing a Government employee's Government Credit Card info and selling it without permission to other companites is a Federal Offense. Hmmmm, Federal Prison Grantmaster?

• Mi
          Michael Scipione Jun 01, 2008

I purchased the CD for under $3 and then was billed $39 without my approval. These people are ###. No merchant should bill you peanuts, then get 13x that amount on the sly without asking you.

SAY NO TO GRANTMASTER!

• Ph
          Philip Apr 24, 2008

These type of business should be banned. The coercion (albeit there is no physical harm or threat)businesses use; such as this has to be done away with. People in the U.S.A. and other countries are always looking for ways to find financial freedom and people like this always try and many times successfully try to exploit financially harmless individuals who are trying to find INFORMATION that is available FREE.

People most of this information you search for and pay money for are readily available through the US Gov't websites and all such information can be done by yourself. You don't have to pay money for it however, you have to be meticulous in organizing and preparation to successfully receive anything for free especially if its large amounts of money.

I am writing this because once upon a time I too was a victim and did my due diligence and found out and researched about such institutions. These institutions are there for people who are lazy and don't want to do the legwork to find what they want(I WAS like that, not anymore).

Stay safe out there and be resourceful.

Ryan Mar 26, 2008

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit" I am ordering the Grant Master™ CD and trial membership for one dollar and ninety-seven cents, after the 7 day trial I will be charged thirty-nine dollars and ninety-five cents a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for seven dollars and ninety-five cents a month and nine dollar and ninety-five cents a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the PRIVACY POLICY (last updated: 02/12/2007) & Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "GrantSearchAsst".To cancel call [protected], M - F, 9am - 9pm EST.

With the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process that you will need to know on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to get started utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 as you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves, before they are billed for it.