FreeDownloadZone.com Complaints & Reviews

FreeDownloadZone.comSeems they enrolled us for eternity into this program

Been charging a $9 monthly fee for sending a one time request for a copy of a Birth Certificate, which was also a $19 charge. Seems they enrolled us for eternity into this program, when called they say they will cancel you for one month. I said I want out completely, they say the most they can cancel is 6 months at a time, so I either have to change my credit card number or remember to call them back in 6 months for as long as i live. Nice.

aira22 Sep 12, 2012

let me tell you what helpmedownload or freedownloadzone is, it is a company based in the philippines owned by Dan Peña Sr. and ran by Robert Smith. Basically what they do is put up numerous websites and all are directed to freedownloadzone where you download free software. YES! FREE SOFTWARE! and then charge you for it. if you are not very particular on checking your credit card statement you might miss it as sometimes it can be a small amount but is recurring monthly charge. but if you call them and ask why you are being charged for a trial software or free software, they'd tell you that it's not for the software but for the technical support they provide as software companies would not provide you with support for free software. this is also what they make their employees believe so they wont think they are doing something illegal. they train employees that if a caller is really pissed or says that they will call their credit card company the employee can revert the charges to prevent a charge back. i hope someone from the government look into this. they are FRAUDULENT AND SCAM AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

help_me_download Aug 10, 2012

Hello,

I am a Customer Service Representative from FreeDownloadZone.Com. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are more than willing to assist you in resolving this concern. You may contact us at our Toll Free Number, Email or via Chat.

Sincerely,

FreeDownloadZone.Com
      Toll Free Number: [protected]. Our Hours of Operations are from 8AM to 8PM EST, Mondays to Fridays.
      Email: [email protected]
      Web-chat is now available!

FreeDownloadZone.comcharged my credit card $70.00 I don't even know how they got that or my name I have never heard of them

All of a sudden 2 charges pending on my mastercard from this site, I have never heard of them much less how they got my information. 1 charges is $31.00 and the other is $41.00 I want my money back and I want to know how they got my information !!

3 Responses

help_me_download Oct 03, 2011

Hi Glennafris,

I know unknown charges might be confusing. We are more than happy to assist you with this charge. I am a customer service representative from FreeDownloadZone.com. Please contact us through our toll free number or via email so we can settle this issue.

[email protected]
        [protected]

• Gr
        gringe Oct 01, 2011

Well gee, I don't know... ASK THEM MAYBE?!

FreeDownloadZone.comFraudulent transaction

Your site came to my notice when I was trying to contact helpmedownload.com- so many other complaints against them. In my case, having thought I paid a nominal fee to register I discovered from an online balance check that my account had been debited £75.58. Having passed on the details to my bank, I contacted Saphie Number One who couldn't help, so tried the Support line number, where the operator informed me that I had not unticked certain boxes on my application. Obviously, as they were not there for me to untick. Charges are for membership, plus some services I have apparently used, plus...you know the story. He said that if I cancelled the membership I would lose out on the benefits, but to go to freedownloadzone.com- however, neither this site nor the helpme one are available on my computer being classed as 'malicious'.

Whatever boxes I may have left ticked, in my ignorance of them, I did not authorise this payment.

Hello,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

Web-chat is now available!

Our Operations is available between 2:00PM to 2:00AM.

FreeDownloadZone.comripoff

I never heard of this company. I never signed up for anything, but I began to see charges for$9.95 appearing on my credit card. This company is clearly a fraud.

Hello,

I am a customer service representative of FreeDownloadZone.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

FreeDownloadZone.comFREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM [protected] GB $9.95

POS DEBIT FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM [protected] GB $9.95

This has been taken off my account twice and I do not recall ever giving authorization for this, nor do I know what it is even for!.I want it stopped!! ~Jennifer Engle
          If anyone has the phone number to this company I would greatly appriciate it.

9 Responses
            • Ge
              Gemmanarae27 Apr 08, 2013

whats your email you have been taking $10 a month out of my account, and im not happy about it! i dont want skype you!
              gemma macdonald

help_me_download Aug 17, 2012

Hello SamanthaB55,

I am a Customer Service Representative from FreeDownloadZone.Com. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are more than willing to assist you in resolving this issue. Please feel free to contact us via our Toll Free Number, Email or Chat.

Regards,

FreeDownloadZone.Com
              Toll Free Number: [protected]. Available from 8AM to 8PM EST, Mondays to Fridays
              Email: [email protected]
              Via Chat: http://onlinechat.helpmedownload.com/SightMaxAgentInterface/PreChatSurvey.aspx?accountID=6&siteID=11&queueID=19

SamanthaB55 Aug 09, 2012

WOW amazing just found out these people have been taken money out of my account since 2011!!! WTF First charge was for 80.00 dollars thought it was something i bought off line so didn't pay no mind to it...Then after looking thru my bank records come to find out these people have been charging me 9.88 every month since plus a .30cent every tI'me. What is this?? I never received anything from these people about these charges. I'm going to be calling you guys today and if i don't get all my money back I'm going to BANKOFAMERICA to file for theft!!!

help_me_download Feb 29, 2012

Good Day Janet Seiler,

I am so sorry for this charges. I am a customer service associate from Official-BirthCertificate.com/au. Kindly send us an email so we can clear this up with you. You may also dial our toll free number or chat with us live. Information are below. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
              [email protected]@official-birthcertificate.com
              Toll Free: [protected]

Our Operations is available between: 08:00 to 17:00 Australian Standard Time

Janet Seiler Feb 19, 2012

Stop removing money from my account without my permission. I dont know how you got my number but stop please.

Janet Seiler Feb 19, 2012

can you please stop taking money off my card, i dont recall allowing you to deduct anything from my account and i have no idea what its for. Please refund my money and stop this.

Good Day Jennifer Engle!

I am a customer service representative of FreeDownloadZone.com. We would like to know if your issue has been resolved. Have you successfully called our toll free numbers? If so, Kindly delete the post for us

• needTOavoidFRAUD Apr 19, 2011

hey STOP! your not helping them ( our fellow fraud victims ) fix their problem... maybe your just another redirecting us to a wrong number... why don't stop what you're doing a lot of life is messed up because of what you scammed do.

• needTOavoidFRAUD Apr 19, 2011

oh my gosh! I'm not the only one who they've charged for that without authorizing them. I really felt the same way with you when i had experienced that scenario which do made me pissed off a lot. I suggest you to call this toll free number of TFN which do help me fix my concern with FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM. Here's the number: [protected] and I'm sure that just like me with there help your problems and worries will be resolve.

God Speed.

FreeDownloadZone.com — Monthly Charges to my account

I went to FreeDownload.com to install some computer protection programs to my husbands computer. They not...

FreeDownloadZone.comunauthorized debits from my bank account

hi my name is harry bilodeau and i just incurred unauthorized debits from my bank account accumulating $101.00 of unauthorized debits from freedownloadzone.com. i hope i can be able to resolve this matter quickly

7 Responses
                help_me_download Apr 16, 2011

Hello Debora Martin,

• De
                Debim Jan 08, 2011

I am being billed for services not rendered. My contact info is below. ...

Debora Martin
                The number that you are using to debit my "account" is-74657360341000111751804

I did NOT sign up or receive any services from Freedownloadzone.com.

I want my monies put back in my account ASAP.

Janis Railey Sep 16, 2010

I am quite upset about it. Very angry & agitated. I have to make unnessesary trips to the bank getting it straightned
                out & I'm not that entergetic anymore. Plus the fact is I don't
                like anyone making charges

on me with out authorization. Thanks Janis

Janis Railey Sep 16, 2010

I have a complaint about FREEDOWMLOADZONE.COM They
                charged me 29.54 to my bank & I never applied for their service. I never heard of them Janis

helpmedownload.com Jul 11, 2009

Hello Harry Bilodeau,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding this, we are more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM
                AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to [email protected]

Helpmedownload May 29, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a customer service rep of helpmedownload.com and freedownloadzone.com.. I apologize for your negative experience. We will be more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM/FREEDOWNLODZONE.COM

Our Operations is available 24/7.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
                Helpmedownload Support Team

• Ke
                Ken Zergoski Apr 13, 2009

I just realized from these previous complaints that I probably was taken on my debit card for Audacity Version 1.26 which is a great program for recording tapes from your boombox to the computer and then make them to CD's. However, on my old computer (bought in 2005) I had this program for free because it was a shareware download at that time. Maybe it has changed which is ok because Audacity is an excellent program. But FreeDownloadZone.com charged me $34.62 for a one year membership. That is not bad, but I do not want to be charged again. Thank you all for sharing your complaints on this internet complaints board. I will let my debit visa card company know about this for future reference. I imagine that this deep recession has brought out the worst in people. Ken Zergoski

FreeDownloadZone.comI was charged 63.70 on my credit card without my permission. I do not even know what this company is.

I was charged $63.70 to my credit card by this company which I have never heard of and I did not order their software. I was ordering security software and this popped up on my email from "Helpmedownload.com". I want the charges removed from my credit card. None of their website addresses will come up. I have since read many complaints against this company for somehow getting their fees charged to people's credit cards without their permission. They also take out monthly charges. I am also going to turn this over to my credit card company as a fraud.

1 Response
                  helpmedownload.com Jun 24, 2009

Hello Patsy,

I am a customer representative of Helpmedownload.com. I read this complaint about the charges thatyou got. Upon checking on our database, you do have an active account for 3 years. We can assist you to download the program thatyou want for your computer.

We can help you regarding this concern and please do call us. I have provided toll free numbers that you can call for further assistance. You can reach us either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM

Our Operations is available 24/7.

FreeDownloadZone.com — What have I paid for?

The company advertises free download of AVG but on their page you have to pick options as to whether you will...

Scone