F.R.C. Complaints & Reviews

F.R.C. — Scam

Received yellow card in the mail from Michelle Barbaa stating: Dear ___ We are trying to reach you with Good...

F.R.C.Yellow Postcard

I received the same little yellow post card. It was "signed" by Danielle Craft. I did call the number but only got a busy signal. I am just curious what is the scam? Has anyone spoken to a human when calling the number on the card.

• Bo
    Bobby Nov 20, 2008

You can thank World Financial Capital Bank Store cards for giving out your information. Give them a call and tell them how dissatisfied you are with their actions.

• Fr
    FRC Apr 17, 2009

YOU RECEIVED A POSTCARD FROM FRC?

WE HAVE GOOD NEWS, ENTER OUR DREAM OF A LIFETIME SWEEPSTAKES WITH NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

CALL US TOLL FREE AT 888-673-5219 TO ENTER

AND WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE ASK US ABOUT OUR SENSATIONAL MAGAZINE SERVICE THAT OFFERS YOUR CHOICE OF OVER 450 TOP MAGAZINE PUBLICATIONS.

Or VISIT US AT WWW.FAMILYREADINGCLUB.COM

F.R.C.F.R.C. Yellow Postcard

I received a postcard today from Danielle Craft saying they have good news and have been trying to contact me. Search results online turned up that this is some kind of scam so I am glad I didn't call. Like others, I am puzzled as to how they received my name, however they used my birth name, middle initial, and last name. I enter many sweepstakes online and also request samples from various websites. I do all this using my nickname. Off the top of my head, one of the few things I did using my FULL BIRTH NAME were wedding regitstry things, including registering at a "bridal bazzar" event (which yielded many, many mailing lists and phone call solicitations). I'm wondering if this is how they received my info.

• Mi
    Mikey Oct 29, 2008

I called in deep curiosity I didn't give them any card information thankfully, they said that a credit card company gave them my information and wanted me put in a sweepstakes, I'm going to cancel the "free" subscriptions to magazines that they are sending me. But they are also sending me a watch which I assume is fake and I don't care about.

They also said that they were the Family Reading Council as something. Sadly I called but I didn't give out any card information, the strange thing was that they had my married name on it.

I wouldn't recommend calling, I feel like I'm in a horrible trap since I let curiosity get the better of me. I don't ecpect to win at all.

Christine Nov 21, 2008

I also am getting married and signed up at several bridal registries prior to receiving a card. My card was signed by Michelle Barbara though. Thank you all for posting the warnings.

F.R.C. — Ripoff postcard!

I just received a yellow postcard, saying to call them. It says. "Dear [my name] We are trying to reach you...

F.R.C.Scam Company

Received a YELLOW Postcard from this company, with title Good News! then instructions to call the 877 number which gives you a control number and the same person Michelle Barbaa. This is some sort of scam, I never do business in Florida. But if receive this post card do not call or give these people any personal information of yours.

• Ku
    Kurtis Lane Jul 24, 2008

I just received the same postcard. It is apparent that this company is alive and well if they have complaints going back years on various reporting websites and i'm still getting one. It has the same address as one I saw from 2007. I am REALLY interested in finding out how they scam people and what the heck this is all about. [email protected] if u know anything.

• Er
    Erica Bussanich Sep 18, 2008

I received the same yellow post card with my maiden name. I know no one in Florida the name on my yellow card to call is Danielle Craftt. I would really like to know how they knew my maiden name. The only why I can think is if they got some thing from a credit report or some thing like that.

• Ro
    roosa Mar 25, 2009

I just received the same postcard and I was in Clearwater a few weeks ago. I find this very disturbing because I made a few purchaces at a bar and giftshop down there. They have my full name and address, and I have no idea how they got it.

• Gi
    GIRLY Apr 02, 2009

i just received one today, i came home and i saw it in my mail, same goes with me its a bit disturbing on how they know my address and my full name with my middle initial. i don't remember signing up for anything, i don't like giving out any of my information aside if i am using my visa card on some purchase, i haven't gone out of states nor bought anything recently.. i had called them just because i was wondering what the heck is this for.. i kept telling the guy name NATE. i am not interested in this kinda stuff. he kept asking me questions and i just kept asking him questions back in return. he asked me 3 things like which one would you rather have. 25, 000$ a trip to FL, or a new car. i said NONE, from the beginning of the phone call i don't even recall saying my NAME at all. all he asked for is my CONTROL # SO I TOLD HIM... I ASKED HIM QUESTIONS IN RETURN HOW DID YOU GET MY MAILING ADDRESS; HIS RESPONSE WAS ITS JUST IN THEIR LIST ITS 100 RANDOM PEOPLE ETC. I KEPT TELLING HIM IM SORRY BUT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THIS STUFF NOR ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THEM. THEN ONE THING YOU KNOW I WAS TRANSFERRED OVER ANOTHER PERSON TALKING ABOUT A MAGAZINE. AND I JUST KEPT SAYING WHAT.? WHAT? OVER AND OVER LIKE 3X AFTER HE SAYS HIS NAME AND ETC. ETC. I JUST KEPT SAYING WHAT AND THE PHONE CALL IT SELF ENDED. HEHEHE ;)
    EVEN THO THE PHONE CALL ENDED THERE, I AM STILL WONDERING HOW THEY GOT MY NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. I DIDN'T GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ME, NOR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER. I HATE BIENG IN ANY OF THIS KIND OF LIST. IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN GET MY NAME OF THIS STUFF PLEASE COMMENT BACK..
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP!!

• Fr
    FRC Apr 17, 2009

YOU RECEIVED A POSTCARD FROM FRC?

CALL US TOLL FREE AT 888-673-5224 TO ENTER

Or VISIT US AT WWW.FAMILYREADINGCLUB.COM

F.R.C. — Scam advertising!

I got the same yellow postcard, but mine has an 877 number and then the control number under it. I went...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices