eDiets.com Complaints & Reviews

eDiets.combilling practices

I signed up for 4 weeks get one week free. I was charged not just for 4 weeks as expected, but actually charged to 6 weeks. It is extremely easy to sign up, but nowhere do they tell you what a hassle and run around you will get when you try to cancel. You cannot cancel on the website, but are led to believe that you can cancel via email. But you get a response back that you have to call customer service and speak to someone. I was on hold for 42 minutes, then when someone finally answered I was 're-directdd' to someone else and put on hold for another 20+ minutes. This was before I found out they overbilled me. When I called back about the 'free' week, again, on hold for 30+ minutes when I decided to try thier 'live chat'. Only to be told to call customer service.

ABSOLUTELY the WORST online purchase experience I have EVER had!

• Lo
    lost confidence Feb 24, 2012

I'm having the same experience. It's been terrible! I think my next step may have to be to stop the charge from coming through which will cost me as well.

• Jt
    jtadd Mar 07, 2012

I am angry here too. Got hit with an UNAPPROVED "auto renew" charge. Unfortunately this charge to my rarely used account resulted in an overdraft. No email from eDiets to give me a heads up of their plan NO APPROVAL from in the first place, no chance to change the account or cancel..just a ridiculous $35 bank fee for the privilege of borrowing $17 bucks. IDIOTS! eDiets you too good a company to employ this type of underhanded business practice.

• Jt
    jtadd Mar 07, 2012

While I am really pissed about eDiets UNAUTHORIZED charge to my account (an "autorenew") I actually WAS able to get someone on the phone to reverse the charge immediately. The cust service agent told me that I agreed to the "auto renew" when I signed up online, that it was in the fine print. After I hung up I remembered that I joined using their 800 number and spoke to a person, NOT A CHANCE IN I WOULD EVER AGREE TO AUTO PAY. eDiets, that is a shylock SNEAKY business practice. The very least you could do if you insist on keeping the practice IS GIVE NOTICE. Ridiculous for such a good company. Insult to injury, I am going to get spanked with a $35 overdraft fee because this was not my primary account.

• Ta
    Tammie512 May 31, 2012

Ediets is a total scam!!!

• Ta
    Tammie512 May 31, 2012

So maddddddd!
    Ediets is a total scam! I just cancelled my debit card!

• In
    installerhd Sep 06, 2012

Use Diets to go you do not have to sign up on a contract or anything you call in each week before Friday and they charge then so if you are going out of town you are not charged for meals you did not eat. You can go on auto pay and if you want to stop they cancel right away.

• Tl
    tlgarner Sep 20, 2012

they did the same thing to me

• Tl
    tlgarner Sep 20, 2012

I just went through the same thing. It was awful. It took me forever to be able to cancel and then I was charged a fee for it

• Mr
    Mr. Wong Feb 12, 2013

This is by far the worst packaged menu portioned "Food" I have ever had. My local store probably would not even carry it due to the substandard quality of the "Meals". Would you like specifics? The potatoes are so watery that when heated, it has the consistency of a soup. There is so much vinegar in the red onion ingredient that I had to immediately toss the dish into the outside trash bin and open the windows in my house. The most disgusting dish I had was some sort of pot roast over noodles. The meat had the blood vessels from what ever animal it came protruding from the surface of the meat. Totally gross. It resembled a charicature of something drawn by Mad magazine. I sincerely hope this keeps one person from signing up for this awful diet plan.

eDiets.comScam billing!

Complete ripoff - I signed up for the $17.95 per month digital diet package - was charged over $300 on my credit card and now I can't reach them at the 800 number or "live chat" and I've emailed twice with no response. How do you get in touch with these people to cancel a membership? I was on hold for 2 hours (not an exaggeration). DO NOT subscribe to ediets. Weight Watchers online service is much better and you can contact them with no problems.

• Fl
    Florida Complaint Sep 26, 2010

I was solicited via their live chat, the chat representative, Cornelius Pittman, asked if he could call me with additional discounts and promotions not listed online. Cornelius called and offered me a 15% discount, mind you can't gain access to the menu for home delivery until you have given them your credit card information. Cornelius gave me the 5 day plan for $115.24 including delivery. This comes to $5.76 per meal. Sounds good until you access the menus and discover that your breakfast and snacks consist of blueberry muffin (1) or eggs and apple sauce or english muffin, canadian ham, egg (egg McMuffis essentially), snack cracker, for example. These choices are definitely not worth $5.76 each. So its misleading when the guy tells you that you are getting a good value for $5.76 per meal including shipping. When asked about cancellation, the rep fails to tell you that you can cancel if you call back within the hour. When asked about the cancellation the rep explains that you cannot cancel the first week and that if you cancel before 4 weeks you will be charged a $99.00 cancellation fee. A serious rip off. Then when you call back to cancel from the same number they called you back at to take your order, their computer system hangs up on you if you select the option to cancel your order. You don't get through to speak with anyone unless you call from a different phone number and select something other than cancel. Then the representatives, including the supervisor, refuse to waive the cancellation fee. So you have to pay $99.00 for being deceived and trying to do something about it. Its a serious rip off. Call the consumer protection agency and tell them about it if you've been riped off by this company.

• Ds
    Dscheid28 Oct 17, 2010

STAY AWAY! What they don't tell you about their meal plans and shopping list is that the recipes don't work together so you have to buy an ingredient just so you can use a tablespoon of it and never need it again. The meals don't work together and it will get VERY expensive to follow their recommended meal plans. They also make you sign a 3 month agreement (hidden in the fine print) and charge you a $25 early cancellation fee if you cancel early because you don't like their service. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM OPERATION!

• Ke
    Kelly27 Nov 15, 2010

I just found out my total charges was not for the 4week program. It was only for the week. Which means they are telling me that $128 a week x 4 You do the math!!! Who in the right mind would pay $128 for 5 days of frozen tasteless food while you can go to your local grocery store and but smart-ones for the whole month..
    This site is a total SCAM !!!

• Ke
    Kelly27 Nov 15, 2010

It is a SCAM!!!

eDiets.comFraud

Dear Sir/Madam:

Two months ago I thought I would try eDiets.com. Although I never hit the final "SUBMIT" button on the website, they still took all my info and have begun charging my credit card a monthly fee. Apprently eDiets.com puts you in their system the first time you hit the "next" button on your registration. BE CAREFUL! DON'T START YOUR "FREE" PROFILE UNLESS YOU'RE READY TO PAY THROUGH THE NOSE! eDiets.com, I'm sure, is aware how shady their business practices are. As someone else has already mentioned, they cleverly (or should I say fraudulently) hide the "three month" cancelation clause in their services contract. Plus they make it almost impossible to CANCEL their services -- even if you never signed up for them in the first place!

If anger and frustration can make you lose 2 lbs a week, then they've got a winning recipe for weight loss! BUT, IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A REAL DIET, STEER CLEAR OF THESE GUYS. THEY'RE NOT IN IT TO HELP YOU -- THEY JUST WANT TO SCAM YOU!

Sincerely,
Kaarin

eDiets.com — eDiets is not a reputable site, it is a scam!

Quoted from eDiets spam I received: "Your goals and success are very important to us!" I have found this to...

eDiets.comTotal scam and rip-off!

EDiets - is a online weight loss company. When you sign up in tiny print they tell you that you have to sign up for 3 months. If you cancel you must pay $25.00. So - they have ensured they make the same money - no matter the fact that their site is total garbage. I for one could never get any of the links to work on the site. Every link I click tells me that there is a problem and error and they are sorry for the inconvenience. When I called to complain, the supervisor that I talked to told me that the internet is not stable and there is nothing he can do. He would not refund my money and further charged me an additional $25 to cancel. So I ended up paying $ 40-45 for something that isn't dependable - according to their own words.

eDiets.com is a total scam and rip-off.

Bryan
Dallas, Texas

• Qs
    qsa45 Feb 06, 2012

I agree they are a rip off. They advertise 3 weeks free but they don't say u have to be on their plan for 3 months before u even get a week free. That is false advertising!!! DONT SIGN UP!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices