Counterforce USA Complaints & Reviews

Counterforce USAHarrasment

My home security burglar alarm monitoring company was CounterforceUSA. They apparently sold my account to ADT, unknown to me sometime in June/July 2010. I started to get calls for "over-due" payment from ADT. When I enquired with Counterforce, they assured me that my payment had been posted and accounts were already sent to ADT. When I told this to ADT the next time they called, they said they will note it down. But I kept receiving calls from them. The last caller explained that it takes 30 days for processing the accounts! They still kept calling me for payment that i had already made! I have stopped their service.

Respond

Counterforce USABeware - Automatic Renewal

This complaint is for those of you shopping for Alarm Monitoring Services. If you have counterforce USA on your list, please make sure you read the fine print behind where they automatically renew your service after the 3yr contract is up. I knew that my contracted time was up and I wanted to cancel the contract only to find out from the agent that I needed to send in a letter 30days in advance or they would renew the contract automatically. Now, who remembers all the fine print on the contract after three years. Don't you think that Counterforce could have sent a letter reminding the owner that your contract was about to expire and that services will be continued if they did not receive written notice 3oday in advance. They always send letters to tell you when rates are increasing but not for renewals. So now I have to pay 75% for a year's worth of monitoring when I am not living at the residence. How is that for customer service. Anyway, I am trapped already so what can I say. Its a learning experience but back to ADT or some other firm.

3 Responses
      • He
        henky Jun 12, 2013

They are doing the same thing to me, saying they will notify the credit bureau that I am not paying and that the contract I signed with Guardian 6 years ago had autorenew language in it. He gave the "you should have read the fine print crap" that chaps my hide right there. But what recourse do I have?

chandlerresident May 10, 2010

Sadly, I too am trapped into another 355 days of Counterforce's terribly customer service and faulty alarm equipment (unless i want to pay $175 an hour to have the "technician" ... someone whom I highly doubt is certified in anything) show up to fix the hardware. This is my fault for not reading every single word in the "service contract" and not doing my research to select a nationally recognized brand-named alarm company like ADT or Brinkman. For anyone considering Counterforce - "Caveat Emptor."

• Pr
        Priscilla Aboul Hosn Jan 28, 2010

I notified Counterforce over a year ago that I was moving across the country. They agreed to transfer my service and I never was able to get them to . Now they have sent me to a collection agency and they want $1350. They are unproffesional and scam artists!

Counterforce USAOverbilling

Counterforce USA is a security monitoring company. They sell franchises to their security company to many cities around the country. Our problem came in 2007 when the only franchise within 100 miles went bankrupt and our system broke down. After contacting them for six months without them getting someone to come service our system we cancelled the monitoring service. We paid $750.00 for a security system that was basically garbage. I spoke with them in October 2007 and they verified that the service was cancelled. They have continued to charge me for 25 months and will not stop. They keep telling me that they "Dont know why that they are still charging me". Thieves!

Respond

Counterforce USAService

counterfource usa is a horrible alarm company.
        I have had nothing but problems.
        the alram doesn't set properly, i continuously have FC (failure to communicate) codes, and the sensors don't work. So they are telling me that I have to pay for any maintenance to their system that is failing.
        DO NOT USE COUNTERFORCE.
        they are horrible. once my contract is up, because I can't get out early, I will be switching to ADT.

1 Response
          • Br
            Brian Ackerman Nov 05, 2010

I have the same problem. After paying additional monthly for maintenance, they refuse to honor it and want me to pay $606.

Counterforce USAHome Security System

Guardian sold my security account to CounterForce USA. The home security system stopped working but I was unable to get anyone to call me back from CounterForce. When I did speak to someone, they collected my information and told me they would call back. I have not heard from them at all since. I have initiated several calls the past few months but without results. My home security system still does not work. Today I find out that I have to pay them $115 to come out and fix it or pay $400 to cancel the system. While sitting on hold, their message indicates they are a "full service" organization.

It appears that the whole security system process is a scam.

5 Responses
            • Be
              belladona May 30, 2010

Hey, just wanted to ask if you turned your alarm off as soon as you could..you know ran to the keypad to see what it said and then turned the noise of the siren off? If you did, you cancelled the alarm when you put in your code, which is the same thing as telling them everything is ok- just an accidental alarm. Most companies do not call if your code was put in within a period of time it would take for the homeowner to turn off a false alarm. If you want them to call everytime it goes off you have to let it continue to sound. Hope this helps. Oh, and there is something called a duress code that you can have a service tech add that is an alternate code that could be entered if you were ever forced to turn off your alarm. Those codes are supposed to be immediately acted on by calling the authorities to your home, but not calling you which would let the intruder know you had done something to alert the police.

• El
              elfe cardenas May 22, 2010

I just had a possible forced entry in my home, it could have been the wind that blew open the door but it's hard to know for sure. The bottom line is that the alarm went off & NOBODY called me from Counterforce or police! I tried to call the number on my contract & of course they are closed...msg call back monday!!!

I could have been assaulted & this charlatans are not keeping up with my contract. I am cancelling this bad service on Monday & if I have to take them to court I will!

• Un
              unsecured Dec 17, 2009

I am in the middle of the same distpute with disgusting company. The system hasnt worked in over 6 months and they would never call me back to send a tech. They will not refund any of the money and refused to take my notice of cancellation over the phone. They say it "needs to be faxed" I reminded them that the uneducated nasty useless customer service reps are not well versed in contractual law. I emailed them my termination notice to the address they gave me and it was returned!!! Then I sent emails to their website that were not answered. After reading your complaints I immediately called my bank and told them to stop all payments to them since those pigs will probably keep trying to steal money from me for security they dont provide. CALL THE BETTER BUSINES BUREA AND COMPLAIN so that Counterforce cannot continue to do this to people.

• Nj
              NJ User Jul 17, 2009

For the third time during my contract period beginning in July of 2005, I have tried to cancel my Counterforce agreement. In February of this year, I was informed that I needed to give 30 days notice of termination and that my contract expired in July. I notified the representative at that time (as is documented in their system) that I wished to cancel.

I called today and was given instruction that my contract was automatically renewed 30 days prior to the expiration date of July 25th. So, when I was given the understanding in February that I could terminate with a 30 day notice prior to termination of the contract, I misunderstood. I actually had to cancel 30 days prior to the termination date.

I am appalled to learn that, although my original contract expiration is still 8 days from now, I would have to pay 75% of the annual costs to terminate. As my new renewal period goes through July 25, 2010, that is over $400. It is well documented on my account that I have requested termination. The only thing they did not have was this faxed letter.

• En
              EnergyEfficient Mar 10, 2009

I have also had problems with Counterforce on a system I purchased through ConnectiveHome in Philadelphia. Apparently these so-called "local" companies like ConnectiveHome will say about anything (ie. lie) to get the contract signed, then they sell your contract to a place like Counterforce. Now Connective disclaims responsibility because they say it's not their contract, and Counterforce disclaims responsibility for the claims that were made by the Connective salesperson. It's just moneymaking scheme for the companies, and I agree that it is a SCAM!