Consumer Digest Weekly Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Consumer Digest WeeklyFraudulent claims truth is hidden in &7 day cancellation& clause

I was victim to this same scam back in May. The comments were identical. The product names have been altered-otherwise the "deal" is the same. Their deception is when you sign up for the free trial you must cancel within seven days (that is their claim and I have to go and read the fine print to verify the truth of it). If you don't they begin monthly billings that go on indefinitely. These are easy to miss because they are billed using names different from the product. My AlpineWhite order was billed as ONLINEHEALTH and again as MYBRITES. Please don't fall for this subtle thievery like I did. Tony T.

• Li
    lindsey101 Aug 04, 2010

Hi Tony, thanks for the too late warning. I orderes these products yesterday, if i call tomorrow and cancel, will I be charged monthly. Also, does one have to call the individual companies and cancel them seperately?

• Le
    Leonorah Conway Keene Mar 31, 2011

Can someone please advise what number to call to cancel these teeth whitening sharks, I ordered the first bit of kit, with a £2.95 cost for shipping. I then went o n to order the second piece of kit and noticed that there appeared to be some sort of monthly tie in so decided to just go with the first order. I am worried by this as on the receipt it says two orders accepted, in which case I would like to call and clarify my order is is for the one item and to clarify that I dont want to receive or be billed for any for items in the future. My mobile number is 07957559204 so would appreciate a text with number or my email address is [email protected]

Please somebody help

Leonorah Conway Keene

Resolved Consumer Digest WeeklyAcai Berry TEst

I find this to be offensive, misleading and decietful; the ad claims to be independe study as well as claims the company chosen was reputable and signing up did not include any hidden fees as quoted: "To get started, I volunteered to be the guinea pig. I applied for a bottle of the Advanced Acai. While there are ton's of Acai berry ads online, Advanced Acai is one of the most credible and trustworthy suppliers on the market. It included the free trial of the product and it did not try to fool me into agreeing to additional hidden offers. Another reason why I chose Advanced Acai is because it is the most concentrated and purest acai products on the market. This would give me the most accurate results for my test." However upon clicking on the suggested links, you are taken to the Advanced Acai website and after entering your info to get the trial offer, you are then hit with the usual "hidden" fees statements "cancel in 20 days or be charged monthyly for $79.95"; further research on Consumer Digest Weekly revealed what appeared to be bogus or staged websites with no real legimacy. Thankfully I took time to read. As much as I'd like to loose weight, its a shame you have to be tricked by companies that prey on a persons desparation! Thankfully I'm desparate, but not stupid!!! BUYER BEWARE AND READ!!!

• Pe
    perception8 May 07, 2010

Yes Consumers Digest Weekly is a scam and the promotion for Acai Optimum is a trick. There is NO FREE TRIAL!!! They give you 14 days FROM THE DAY YOU ENTER YOUR INFO ONLINE which actually only gives you about one week to let them know not to charge you if you don't like it or see no results. Who is going to see results in one week. They they charge you $79 for the "free trial" they sent you and then charge you $100 every 60 days for 2 bottles of pills. She did say something about me paying a $17.98 membership charge and then getting the bottles for $40 instead of $49 each. Plus the phone system they are using made it sound like she was on the other side of the world.

The so called unbiased article in "Consumers Digest Weekly" is in fact an ad for this dishonest and misleading company. So it is only fair to assume that the product does not work and I would even suggest that how do you know the ingredients used are safe? A company like that would use anything as filler for the pills. How does that saying go - if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck then it is probably a duck. Beware of this product and any other product in an advertisement called Consumers Digest Weekly.

• Gr
    Growing Angry with Deceit Feb 25, 2011

The company (ies) exposed (Acai Berry) give THEMSELVES away, with a little intelligent research. By clicking from one ad to another, the "News Channel" becomes Channel 6, or 7, or more - given enough time to research. But who needs more time? How can the same ad involving the same words have different channel numbers? More to the point, the ad, with the same exact words and so-called test trial, features different women - different pictures - on the different "channels." OK! We get it. WHAT I DON'T GET is how the website www.complaintsboard.com, which does such a great service exposing this and other frauds, can then ALLOW ADS FOR THE SAME EXACT FRAUD RIGHT BELOW THE COMPLAINTS!! And, to me, worse, these are ads carried by Google and Yahoo!! How far is known fraud allowed to spread, especially by the largest and, supposedly, trusted companies online? Just how important is that ad money?

Resolved Consumer Digest WeeklyMisrepresentation

This company had two scams links on Weather.com. While I cannot attest to the effectiveness of the two products Acai berry supplements and teeth whitening regimen, I question the way these products were represented. The link claimed to be independent but then proceeded to cheer-lead the product. I consider this to be misrepresentation, similar to a blogger given a free product to blog about. These sights misrepresent themselves as independent consumer advocates. In fact this is nothing more that false hype and advertisement.

Resolved Consumer Digest Weekly — false advertising

This is a front for a very deceptive teeth whitening product. So far, they have used 6 different names of...