Club Monaco Complaints & Reviews

Club Monacohorrible business ethics

On Sunday, November 19, I purchased a twill top coat that was on sale, 20% off of $300. They were running a few different discount codes at the time but the only one that applied, was the free shipping (within 5-7 business days) so I selected that option. Now, when I bought this coat it said it was in stock. When it states 'in stock", I feel most people would assume that means they have it at the distribution center, that was not the case. On Black Friday(November 24), I still had not seen any tracking movements, I called customer support.

It turns out, they didn't have any in stock, like they claimed, and had to track it down through a store-front. Then the service representative proceeded to tell me, it had already shipped and she would forward me the tracking number, via e-mail so I could track it myself. I checked the tracking number over UPS' website and it hadn't even left the store.

So, in short, lied about the item being in stock, supplied me with a worthless tracking number and didn't honor their shipping requirements. I decided to cancel the order and just look for another company to do business with. Thanks but no thanks Club Monaco.

Club MonacoTerrible Return Policy

I purchased an item from Club Monaco during a boxing day week. I was never informed that the item I was purchasing was a final sale. When I came back to the store trying to exchange the item (I didn't even want to return it, just an exchange), I was informed that nothing can be done to help me. When I explained that I was not told that the item was a final sale, the sales rep stated "There is no way of knowing that." I used to be a loyal Club Monaco customer, spending about $200-$300 a month there. I'm still pursuing this further. If this problem is not resolved by Club Monaco, I will definitely not be shopping there any more. Unfortunately, as I'm finding out now from talking to other people, it's not an isolated incident, but more of a pattern.

Club MonacoPoor return policy

After a holiday weekend, 30-day return policy was calculated to be one day off, and therefore return was rejected on brand new full price merchandise that was still in their window display.

Elitist attitude + mass market chain = poor customer service.

jah1226 Sep 24, 2010

Club Monaco really does have the worst return policy. I just tried to return a ring that I have never worn. After the employee inspected the ring with a fine tooth comb, she said, 'Well this is missing a stone so we can't accept this return.' Keep in mind that this is a huge cocktail ring with about 200 little stone slivers the size of a pin head. I told her it must have been like that when I bought it. I don't ispect things that closely. I wouldn't have even noticed the stone that she found! She said, 'Oh well since it's close to the 30 days being up, it probably got banged around in your purse.' That is simply the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I was in shock. If the return policy states that you can return items up until the 30 days, they shouldn't speculate as to why you would be returning it after 25 days rather than 2 days!

• Fa
    Faith hope Oct 19, 2010

Actually Club Monaco at Short h.Hills Mall do not at all hire African Americans. I have never saw an African American employed by their company. I really think and believe its a BIG issue that they would not and have not hire BLACK People. Its totally wrong of them.

Club MonacoWhat's with the attitude?

I'm ignored at the register for about 5 minutes, then I get the "oh were you ready to pay?" No worries, it's busy, so we start the transaction.

To start off she asks "Can I get your last name?" and I say, "no thanks". She stares at me, her manager turns to look, if there had been music playing it would have come to a complete stop and everyone in the store would have dropped what they were holding to turn, and she replies "um...seriously?" To which I say "um...yes".

I'm so sick of this question, you don't need my name, phone number, or zip code. Identity theft is ubiquitous, I don't need any more catalogues, and you're going to get the information when I use my credit card anyway. AMERICA- STOP HANDING OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, out loud, in public.

Nevertheless, my problem is not with this question, but that she managed to somehow take this personally and proceeded to complete the transaction angrily, as though I had just told her off. To break the tension I threw out "I just don't want to get any mailings" and her overseeing manager chimed in "Club Monaco doesn't do that" with far more attitude than necessary.

They threw my shirt in a bag, forgot to give me my receipt and basically kicked me out the store. And they got my name off my credit card anyway.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices