ADVERTISIMENT

Roaman's Complaints & Reviews

Roaman'sunethical conduct by company

My elderly mother ordered clothing which was supposed to come with free shipping. The clothing did not fit her, so she asked to return it. They told her to send it back, and they would send her another piece, which may fit her better. She did not want to, but the phone sales lady convinced her. The item arrived and it did not fit her, so she again returned the items. She then recieved a bill for $7.50 for "UPS return." This bill arrived when she was spending a month visiting family out of town. By the time she returned home, there was a second bill for $27.50, for "late fees." My mother does not have a lot of money, being on a fixed income. She did not know what to do. Sure enough, they kept increasing the amounts, and now has received a bill for $87.94, with threats to ruin her credit. She finally told me about it, and I am seeking to have the company investigated for scamming and scaring elders. They are still harassing her and increasing the amounts. Again, she has not items from the company. She returned everything!! What immoral behavior by a company.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Bu
      buy1get1free May 11, 2011

When it happens to you RestlessHeart you will fill different. Everything I order from Roamans lately is back ordered. Maybe I'm just picking the cute items. Here is my email to them:

To whom it may concern,

I am extremely disappointed in your system for back ordered items. Over the past year I believe every purchase I have made or tried to make with you resulted in a back ordered item. Why are the items you sell not in stock? It's almost as if you put stuff online and in your catalog before you even have any of it in stock to "test" it out to see if it will sale. Then when it starts selling like hotcakes, you back order everything. This would only work for the customer if they were trying to order winter clothing in May. One of the items I looked at tonight is back ordered until August! It's a summer dress?! The absolute worst part is that half of my back orders resulted in CANCELED orders! So I am excited and awaiting my great purchase only to have it canceled on me after having it rescheduled 2-3 times already. It's a shame and a total disappointment. You've got to do better than this before this type of negative feedback becomes what you are associated with.

Totally disappointed.

• Re
      RestlessHeart Feb 27, 2010

Ive shopped Roamans online for a long time and never had any trouble with anything. They have it stated if they cannot fill your order and it is back ordered...they will only back order it 3 times and then they cancel the order. This is actually for your benefit so as to keep you from waiting an unreasonable amount of time.

• Mj
      MJ Nov 05, 2008

I totally sympathize with you.

This company does FALSE ADVERTISING!

I received a sale catalog, hopped right online and placed my order on 9/30/2008.

Then when 2 1/2 weeks went by without receiving the package, I followed up with them and was told the item was on "back order" and in the "Date Expected" section were three question marks ? ? ?

So I emailed them and asked them what ? ? ? meant in terms of a backorder timeline. I was then told that the item would be shipped out on 11/27/2008. So I contacted them again and said that this was a long while, but at least I'd have my shoes in time for the Holidays.

Well, I received one email day before yesterday on 11/3/2008 that stated that my item would be shipping out "any day now" and then just now another lovely Roaman's email popped into my inbox and stated that my order has been cancelled.

So ... all of the previous emails were to keep me browsing and buying.

Believe ME ... I will not purchase from Roamans ever again.

We are savvy shoppers and will not be treated unfairly by a company that clearly does not care one bit about customer service.

Prior to this fiasco, I ordered three separate pants suits. All three packages I received contained THE WRONG ITEMS. Wrong color, wrong style and wrong size!! When I called Customer Service, they were quite nonchalant about it ... because it happens ALL THE TIME.

Anyway, I wrote this so that I may save some of you some time and many hassles. BEWARE OF ROAMANS CATALOG ... THEY ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

Happy Holidays everyone!

MJ from NJ :o)

Roaman'sCharging for incomplete outfit & S/H on unwearable pants

Roaman's - www.roamans.com

I ordered from Roaman's catalog a three piece outfit, all sold separately. I received the jacket and pants and not the tank. The jacket requires something underneath. Later the tank was on back order, then it was "unobtainable". They insisted on me either paying for the rest of the outfit or paying S/H to return it. I requested free S/H, Roaman's Customer Services refused.

Also, I ordered a pair of pants. I tried to put them on and found the leg was sewn closed mid-thigh. I sent them back with my complaint . They are charging me for the S/H. They will not respond to this complaint.

I have not payed the balance on the bill, which involves these items. I've e-mailed my complaint three times with specifics on the items and my requests to no avail. The final email I stated I was taking this matter further. I had been doing business with this company and its affiliates for many years. I have never complained before, but yet they don't seem interested in keeping their customers happy.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • De
        DebDeb61 Jun 20, 2012

This is an addendum to my original complaint. When the merchandise arrived, only the 'shrug' part of a two-piece set was there; the other piece was back ordered until July 17th. The shrug was the piece that should have been 50% off with the coupon code. I returned it, and after almost two weeks have never even had an acknowledgement that it was received. I don't ever expect to get credit for it. Also, I received an email reporting that the other piece had been back ordered, and when I wrote to cancel that piece, I never had an acknowledgement for that, either.

Wow, these people give crooks a bad name.

• De
        DebDeb61 Jun 03, 2012

Last week I placed an order with Roaman's for five items. The website had a lot of problems, finally worked -- and registered, on my confirmation page, that a 50% off coupon code for the highest-priced item had been accepted. i received a confirmation email for the order -- no coupon code applied at all. I telephoned customer service the following morning -- btw, they have LOUSY customer service hours. I was told that no, the coupon had not even been entered -- I assured the woman I spoke it had indeed been entered. She promised me she would take care of it when the items came from the warehouse; I told her if she did not do this and the merchandise was sent anyway, I would return it unopened. Big surprise! When I got the shipping confirmation, still no coupon applied. Today I had an email from someone in Customer Service in response to a Bizrate survey I filled out about Roaman's in which I gave them the worst rating possible. Oh, wow...they were SO SURPRISED I'd had a bad experience...this almost never happened, blah blah blah. I wrote back to tell her I don't believe her...I'm pretty sure they are so lame it happens all the time.

ADVERTISIMENT