Atlantic Circulation, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Atlantic Circulation, Inc.didn't receive magazine

Ordered a magazine from a kid who came to my door and said i would be getting this magazine in a couple of months. I never received the magazine so i called again and some lady answered and said i would get the magazine in April of 2012 and still didn't get the magazine. I called on 1/29/2013 and now phone doesn't work and no listing of this business. I wrote a check for 55.00 for this magazine and nothing. I would like my money back on this magazine that i never received.

Thank you! Cathy

Respond

Atlantic Circulation, Inc.Possible Scam

I barely got out of my car in a Wal-Mart parking lot when a young man jumped out at me and asked me to help him with his new quest of overcoming his fear and improving his communication skills. He almost sounded and acted like a rapper - used his hands, fingers, and arms a lot to entertain me (I guess). My first reaction was that he was on meth - maybe was. If I would purchase one or more magazine subscriptions, it would help him get to first place - which the girls were in so far - and if he and his partner won, they got to go on a vacation and party their hearts out. I told him I didn't have time for the ones I already subscribed to so he suggested I order for his favorite charity - a battered women's shelter (good one, huh??) so the little kids would have something to do. He also said it was tax deductible. Then another young man came up and tried to help him make the sale. I told the second "entetaining" kid to stop talking - since they were trying to beat the girls and he was talking more than selling - so I could find out what the cost would be and asked the first kid if he really was going to party with the money. He said he was just kidding (maybe). They tried to further convince me by complimenting me profusely on stupid stuff. They also said they would get double points if I paid cash. They said it would be $36 for one subscription plus $13 for s/h but another lady only had $26 so they asked if I could pay the balance so it would count as a full subscription. I filled in their form, paid my cash, got my "receipt" and left. I came home and checked this company out and found some of the bad comments on this site. Mark up another dummy! Too early to know if they were legit and I'll never know since I "donated" the magazine to a women's shelter. May need to check on the name he gave me to see if it even exists...

1 Response
      • Jb
        jbfirebird Jul 12, 2011

ive run accross this one once. not necessarily as much of a circus act as yours. but, almost the same pitch. trying to win a trip. they are selling magazines. he went as far as showing me some sort of laminated badge/id/license. i never did recieve anything in form of magazines.

Atlantic Circulation, Inc.Bogus Magazine Salesman

If someone, usually a teenager, posing as a magazine sales person representing a company called Atlantic Circulation, Inc., shows up knocking at your door, --ask them under no uncertain terms to leave your premises. If you fall for this scam, you may be out some cash, or a check. This company has numerous complaints online, and dummy me failed to look into it before I fell for there smooth antics! These kids are polished!! Don't be fooled!! BEWARE!!!

Respond

Atlantic Circulation, Inc.Ongoing SCAM

These kids just hit the Kingston, Washington area July 25, 2009. They appear well-programmed and brain-washed by some heavy handlers. The stories are the same as those mentioned earlier on this site. A competition between boys and girls, public speaking contest, earning points by selling magazine subscriptions, boy wants to own his own company within five years. One boy named Scotty Akins was earning points for a trip to Italy. He said he was from San Francisco, CA. and now lives in Bremerton, WA. He said he was home schooled and graduated at 16. He said he was military brat. He said his father told him not to use "F-word" when soliciting. He leaves a sticker with a star on your door to warn other solicitors this house was "hit". He said he is 18, but appears to have the demeanor of a 14-16 year old. I have warned my close neighbors, local newspapers and sheriff's office. I have requested a refund from Atlantic Circulation, Inc. I stopped payment on my check and will report back on this site, if and when I get a refund. Thanks to all the contributors to this complaint board for putting the "flashlight" on this issue. As Americans, we should protect our children from such companies like ACI. If ACI is a legitimate company, I hold them responsible for their heavy-handed tactics in recruiting these vulnerable American kids to sell magazines for which they have no intention of honoring their contract with the customer.

5 Responses
          • Sh
            sharae Sep 12, 2011

This company should not be allowed to sell to anyone! These kids come to my door and use this sly scaming tatics and lies and it is honestly sad to say I was put in a postion where they talked to me saying that I seem like a nice person and they like nice people, then they give me this paphlet and tell me which magazine I like to read and all this nonsense. After chatting with them, the boys asked to come into my house, because he said he had a bad knee, I kept him outside still because I did not know him and I was alone with my son at my house. He then told me it would only cost a little bit of money. That right there sent red flags flyin! I told him I was not interested and he kept on nagging me that I was nice person and it would support him into going to spain for some trip. I proceeded to tell him I really cant afford it and he just kept at it. I then felt extremely uncomfortable and just to get him to leave I agreed to pay him. Then when he was writing up the oder I saw that there was a 15.00 extra for S&H I told him, " Hey you didn't say this was included, thats just out of the question." He told me he would go half with me and meet me in the middle so I dont have to pay the whole amount. I just wanted him to leave so I agreeed. Right after he left I went online and saw mutiple complaints about this company and immiately cancelled my order through fax. This was over 2 months ago and I still have not gotten my refund. I called the company 4 times and they told me they sent it out. Come to find out they sent the refund to a completly different person at a different address. they say they are resending the refund and that I will recieve it by this Friday, but I am werry to see if I will actually recieve it. I will never allow door-to-door sales people to come and sell to me again because of this. Hope this helps and good luck to you all!

• Me
            meanness6 Mar 03, 2011

Now in Virginia Beach Virginia as of 3/2/2011 same old story, girls vs Boys, earning point for a trip to Europe, smooth talkers.If you see them...RUN...or better yet handcuff them and call police.Luckily, something didn`t feel right so i found all the horror stories by google search and was able to stop payment on my check before they could get their scam hands on my money, but hope to see them again before they move on to next area, i gotta gift for them...lol...a a** Whipping

Janieceee Nov 11, 2009

I too just realized that I had not received my subscription. I ordered back in July of 2009. Still no magazines! I have called and can't get through either. I am going to get "Jessee"! Channel 4 news in Seattle Wa. I am from Shelton Wa. Be warned!!!

• Cr
            Cry-ZORS Aug 22, 2009

On May 31 2009, I as scammed by this company as well inside of a military instalation which it clearly stated - no soliciting!! The girl who came said her Dad was deployed and she wanted to make him proud of her by earning a nursing degree and the magazines where going to help her through college. I related to her and felt bad as a military member myself with two children. I have since reported the company to the Department of Defense and the better business boro. I also contacted each magazine to let them know what was going on so they could proceed accordingly. Any other information anyone could provide would be great. THank you

• Af
            Afiluta Aug 18, 2009

Just realized that it had been some time since my order was placed and that my daughter hadn't started receiving the magazine I had ordered for her. Same story as the others. Fast talking college student earning points to win a discounted trip. My daughter is a college student also. Could have used this money ourselves. Who is cashing these checks? Where are they getting their supplies? They have paper work and forms in triplicate. There may must be someway to track them and make someone accountable. They were in the Troy/Albany NY area on June 29, 2009

Atlantic Circulation, Inc. — No Magazines

I ordered several magazines from this young man and paid him cash of $149.00 back in June of 2008, and as of...

Atlantic Circulation, Inc. — The worst job ever

This is the worst job ever you are a slave and no free time and too many people don’t get there mag...