AmeriTrust Financial Complaints & Reviews

AmeriTrust Financialfraud

Same as all the other complaints, taking money on false pretences .First time using online buying and got ripped off with this company Ameritruust financial.I don't understand how a company can take such a name as trust in america, get a buisness licence and rip american people of their hard earn money without any recorse on their action.

• Fr
    francis cardona Nov 13, 2007

This so called company called me twice at school , saying they would help me build my credit ,
    I was offer a credit card with 2,000 line of credit , if I gave them two hundred dollars deposit.I ask them is this a visa or mastercard , they said it is not a catalogue card and that I could get cash advances I kept asking is this a credit card the person who was talking to me got mad and hung up on me . They called back again a different person very well maner , I fell for the bait and hook I told them I did not have $200 in bank account I was told they could take out in payment of $100 , I was told that I would get card within three days of first $100 payment , this was three weeks ago and I`m stil waiting . I ask my bank who took out the $1oo from my bank account and they gave me some website name since there was no phone number , the website is a site for a bunch of garbage items. I finally talk to customer service for ameritrust financial and I told them I was decieved , the lady who talked to me was very rude , I told her I would file a complain with New York general attorney office and I was told I could do whatever I wanted . My bank was nice enough to refund my $100 dollars and closed this bank
    account so this crooks cannot do this again . I haved learned a valuable lesson and I advise anybody who gets a call from this crooks to hang up the phone right away .

• Ol
    olivia Dec 01, 2007

Last month they got $100.00 again another $100.00 from my account i'm sick of that when i call to cancel they still continue getting my money? No more watch out for scam. Just fight back !

julia green Jan 12, 2008

i applied for a credit card with ameritrust financial. they took $200.00 of my hard earned money and i dont have a credit card i either would like my credit card or i would like my $200.00 put back in my account. thank you julia green

julia green Jan 12, 2008

i would like a phone number i dont even have that. i would like my money back now.

julia green Jan 12, 2008

i will check with better business bureau and another source that will have them shut completely down. if i could get a hold of that little weasel that called me which i have his name i will look into getting him prosecuted and ameritrust financial. i am closing my bank account right now and they will not get any money from me ever again. if they cannot be prosecuted they can be scared trust me. they messed with the wrong woman now.

• Pa
    PATRICK CALLAGHAN Feb 23, 2008

ON 2-20-08 I RECEIVED PHONE CALL WITH SALES PITCH ABOUT HOW I COULD RECEIVE A VISA OR MASTERCARD FOR A $200.00 OPENING FEE. I EXPLAINED I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO SPARE AT THAT TIME AND WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS NEXT MONTH ON 3-20-08 AT THAT TIME I WOULD AUTHORIZE MY BANK TO PAY THE OPENING FEE. TWO DAYS LATER I WAS RIPPEDOFF FOR $200.00 DOLLARS OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. AT PRESENT I AM HOPING TO RECOUP MY MONEY.

Darlene McClure Mar 28, 2008

These people called me offering a credit card with a 2000.00 line of credit to help fix my credit. They never stated it was a card for their website only which I found out after reading how many people had been scammed by them online. I finally go in touch with them after 2 months of trying on their 866 number only to be told they never sent the card because my account was NSF. I politely told her that was because they took it out on 1/10/08 instead of 1/15/08 as orginally agreed and on 1/17/08 the funds were taken again. I provided a copy of the check and statement by fax and have been unable to reach them again for resolution. With the amount of people they have scammed they should have felony charges by now. I want my money back from these people

• Ti
    Tina Gasser Apr 21, 2008

they would not cancle the card and took my 200.00 dollars and they told me i would not get my card until i sighned a paper and sent it back to them i can not access there web sight at all to look at the catalog so now i know it is nothing but a big scam all i want is my 200.00 dollars back and for them to get in a lot of trouble for doing this to people who can not afford to live as it is i dont think they should be able to get every ones info like they have they are the ones who told me my bank info i didnt even have it in front of me it sucks that they can do this i thought it was a visa card that was going to help me get my credit back up not what it really was somthing sould be done about this ASAP

• La
    latasha Jun 13, 2008

I am mad because i call them all day everyday, and they don't answer the phone at all. Their hours are 9am to 6pm and I leave messages and they have not called me back yet. I even sent my money order in for a couple of products that I have ordered.

AmeriTrust FinancialRip off

As all of you know already they are scam artists. I got a call tonight from a guy that said he was from ameritrust financial and that I had been pre-approved for a credit card with a 2, 000 dollar credit limit and once I made my first payment on time I would be able to withdraw $1, 000 cash but first I had to make a $200 deposit and it was going to be withdrawn from my account but something inside told me to look them up on the web and I came across this website and now I'm hoping I can do something about this before it gets out of hand for me. They promised they can help me rebuild my credit score in three months if I made my payments consistently. That was the only reason I wanted to accept the offer and all of your stories sound exactly like what the man was telling me.

Dale Jun 02, 2008

Funny, what stories are those? How are they scam artist`s? Did you allow them to fullfill ther oblgations.

AmeriTrust FinancialScammed!

We recvd. a call from Ameritrust Financial in April'08. We were told that we were approved for a Visa credit card with a $2000 limit. They were to take from our account $200 which at the time didn't seem to be to bad for a $2000 visa card.The guy that called said that the card could be used anywhere(which was a lie & he was very misleading) we asked him three times, " is this card for catalog purchases?".He said no we can use it anywhere. Well, as it looks we are in the same situation as the rest of you dealing with these people.They took our first pyment.of $100 & trying to take out the remaining pretty soon(which is not going to happen) We placed numerous of calls & it appears to be a call center the CSR's there are very unprofessional, and unknowledgeable about the company they supposeably work for. The only thing they could tell us is that our money is non-refundable.No physical address..just a P.O. Box, no fax#, and the managers or supervisors tend to be out alot. Whoever these people are..they're making alot of money doing what they do...scamming people. The economy is too screwed up right now to play with people's money like this. How are they getting away with this? I want to know has anyone out there filed a suit against this company? There's too many of us with the same complaint about the same company, for something not to happen. E-mail me ([protected]@sbcglobal.net)and let me know...I will definitely sign for any type of suit brought up on them.This needs to stop!

• Kr
    Kristine Hoffman Nov 11, 2008

I have been getting financial phone calls on my cell phone and I want it to stop now so I am asking you to stop calling me or else there will be trouble.

Love, Kristine Hoffman

AmeriTrust FinancialFraud charges!

I was called by these people to sigh up. I refused several times but when i was told i could cancel with out a fee as long as i called with in 24 hours i could. I thought i would look at their catalog first i need some baseball gear for my boys. they said that they had all kinds of youth baseball gear. They had 1 glove i could have bought 50 times that was all no bats, balls, cleat's, or any other items.

I called back and was told i could not cancel till it was in their system 3 to 4 days i was told once again there would be no charge. Well guess what yep. When i called to have them reverse the charge i was told that no one there would have ever told me that they would. I told her i was going to report them she said OK like it wasn't any concern to her.

AmeriTrust FinancialLIARS!!!

I WAS DECIEVED BY THIS COMPANY!!!! I ASKED THE MAN THAT I TALKED TO IF THIS CARD WAS FOR A CATALOG AND TOLD HIM THAT IF IT WAS I DID NOT WANT IT! HE THEN TOLD ME THAT IT CAN BE USED FOR CATALOGS IF I WANTED IT TO BE AND I SAID NO! I ALSO ASKED HIM IF IT HAD ANY RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND IF I COULD USE IT ANYWHERE AND HE THEN TOLD ME THAT THERE WERE NO RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND THAT I COULD USE IT ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE JUST LIKE A REGULAR CREDIT CARD. I ASKED HIM WHAT KIND OF CARD IT WAS AS WELL I ASKED IF IT WAS A VISA OR MASTER CARD AND HE THEN PROCEEDED TO ASK ME WHICH ONE DID I PREFER AND I REPLIED VISA AND HE SAID OK THAT IS NO PROBLEM. SO COME TO FIND OUT IT IS A CARD FOR A CATALOG AND ONLY AMERITRUSTS SITE! THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULL! THAT IS 200 DOLLARS THAT I DO NOT HAVE EXTRA IM 21 YEARS OLD AND A SINGLE MOTHER TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL AND WORK ! I WROTE A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT AND THEY DENIED MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND I HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME!

• Je
    Jeff Mar 21, 2008

I am struggling financially and received a call from Ameritrust. They said they could help me rebuild my credit and were offering a credit card with a $2, 000 limit, APR of 8.9, and no start up fees. It sounded too good to be true so I told them I would think about it and call back. I decided to check them out online and found there are numerous complaints regarding them. I am lucky I did not give them any information. I want to thank the people that have written their complaints and concerns for others to see. Ameritrust does sound legitimate when you talk to them and they had answers ready for any questions I had. So I would warn people as well not to deal with them.

Dale Apr 27, 2008

I love the people that want to build up thier credit, but hate the fact that`s not a MC/VISA, AMEX, etc, , , Before you judge any financial corp, stop and and ask yourself this, are they providing the service there stating, is your credit score going up/down, that`s what you need to ask yourself. If your credit is important to you and only you, than go forward with the program, remember you have been turned down in the past for many reasons, if any CCC is willing to give you credit go for it. I`ve had this problem in the past. Today I can truly say it was worth it for me.

PS- Everyone like`s to hear negativity for any corp, let`s get real and move forward

AmeriTrust FinancialTook $200 from my checking account

Hi, This is the worst experience i ever had, they took $200 from my checking account without my permission & now they say we dont have the money, when i checked wit my bank they say the money is already transferred to them. I dont understand where the money is, pls help me

• Ca
    CASANDRA ARTHUR Jan 17, 2008

I HAVE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO BE REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST AND ANY PROMOTIONS. I DO NOT WANT THE CARD. DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY OUT MY ACCOUNT

• Be
    Belinda Sircy Mar 10, 2008

I can honestly say they are definitly a scam. Iwas called back in dec. I said ok and called back in January they said send them a copy of the bank statement showing the with drawl and they would refund $165 and keep #35 for cancelation fee> I checked the account it had not been returned. It is now March 10th and I am still calling them. A manager was suppose to call and guess what I still havent heard from them.

• Mi
    milan panayotovich Apr 20, 2008

i have been ripped off for 200.00 dollars, from ameritrust financial. That is not a credit card they send you a piece of worthless plastic. Can not use the card on there shopping web site.

• Eb
    Ebony Williams May 02, 2008

I was contacted by an AmeriTrust agent asking if i would like to recieve a credit card with a 2, 500 limit. After learning that I would have to give them 200 first i declined the offer. I called back several times to make sure i was no longer on their list and that no money would be drafted from my account. When mu account information came out on the 16th, I wa informed that money(100) had been drafted from AmeriTrust. I called the mumber orginally given to me to inquire about the transaction. I ws trhen given the "run-around" by several agents. I finally got in touch with a supervisor who told me they could not give refunds. She then told me that a 35 cancellation fee would be added. My question to her was "How can I cancel something I never agreed to in the first place?" i was given an address to Dunedin Fl to complain and request a refund. My opinion, AmeriTrust is full of S**T. To this date I have nit recieved my refund. To anyone who maybe caught up in this scam, JUST SAY HELL NO!

• Lo
    lorene v. bracero Jun 02, 2008

gency. I was promised a $2, 000 limit. At the end I was told I would recerive the card in 30 days. No way. I called back to cancell several times cancel I said I changed my mind and don't touch my checking acount. Do not I said DO NOT take any money out of my checking account. They did.$200.00. They took money out that I did not have. but they got it two time. not just once after the first time I said do not. Give me a copy of bank statement, they remarked. yeah right' i know I can kiss that $200.00 dollars good bye, unless a miracle comes my way good luck to yoy all.

• De
    dee Jun 27, 2008

Everything every one has said about ameritrust financial is true theytold me if they could take 200.00 out of my account so i said that i didnt want that much coming out my acct at tha time because i had bills to pay they told me i would be charged 35.00 cancellation fee knowing my account would be in negative i changed the date to the next month on the promise the CARD[visa]had no limit italkedto my bank rep before the time they were supposed to take out the 200.00 and my bank gave me another account maybe if anyone is reading this it will be helpful i know this site was helpful to me i only checked this site after trying to get intouch with Ameritrust no calls would go thru FUNNY?

Joann Kast Nov 15, 2008

they took 200 dollars out of my account and sent me 200 dollars in vouchers and when i tried to place an order they were no good so now im out 200 dollars and stuck with 200 hundred dollars of worthless vouchers that i cant use, what a rip off i wish there was a way to get my money back .

AmeriTrust FinancialThis company is a scam!

this company is a scam, i have paid a cancellation fee on 01/07/2008, now they are debiting my account again for $200, which is not in my account anyways thank GOD, but i have to pay the bank a $20 nsf fee, i called them which they try not to answer they phone so i call again and make up a four digit ext. # then someone answers they tell me to fax over the bank statement of the check, which i find out it is a fabricated check which my bank says they said they have used an electronic voice thing to draw the money out, why am i paying for nothing because i cancelled it so look it is just a bunch of nerve wrecking issues i am going to pay it and close my account these people are out to rip you off!

• Sh
    shalonda johnson Jan 18, 2008

ameri trust financial called my phone last week about I can get a credit card for 2000 dollars and all I have to have is a valid checking account. I told them that my account is overdrafted and I told them I will call next week and i called back and no one answer. everytime i call their phone they keep me on hold 3 minutes and then a answer machine come on and say that extension is unavailable.

• Al
    Alicia Gresham Feb 12, 2008

I've been recieving phone calls from 408-731-7348 ALL day long. I finally called the number back and was told about a card for 2000 and all i needed was an active checking account. It sounded too good to be true but I went against my better judgement and gave them my checking account number. I am writing this now as a record of when I opened this account. I hope that I don't regret this, but I have a feeling I might.

• Sh
    SHARYN CORDER Apr 22, 2008

I spoke with a rep and told them I did'nt want this card and they tried to debit 100.00 out of my acct. I called Ameritrust Morgage and was told to call the florida Atty General's Office..You too need to call 850-414-3300

• Ro
    robert c Apr 27, 2008

I also got a phone call from #408-731-7348 and they wanted my checking account info because I will get a credit card worth $2000.00. But I was told them that I will call them back. They called me back 3 more times that day and 2 times the next! Finally I decided to look them up after being scamed before from a company called Worldwide Financial for $900 a company based in Texas but operates in Canada... I looked them up and I found you wonderful people warning others about this scam. So thank you so very much. In this time of financial hardship felt by all these "people" should be ashamed of themselves. Be careful be smart and trust your gut!

AmeriTrust FinancialFraud, liars, one big scam!

This company has called me fifteen times in two days, i never answered the phone until the curiosity finally got to me and I called back. When you originally call back it all seems legitimate, automated answering service and all. These are the most ignorant, rude unprofessional people i have ever dealt with. The first woman i spoke with took my information and told me her supervisor "Sean" would call me back, as soon as i hung up the phone i got a bad feeling about giving my information, I called right back and asked to speak with a manager, the person that answered said there was no manager, then told me he was the manager. I repeatedly told him to take all of my information out of the system and to put a manager on the phone, he told me he would go ahead and put me on hold for a couple hours while he drove to a managers house. He was rude, ignorant, hung up on me. told me that i would never be able to speak with a manager, i called back several times and he was the only person to answer the phone, as if he was the only one working. so they operantly have caller id. I am not sure if they are able to get in my account, i told them to remove all my info and called my bank, i now have to close my bank account and reopen another one, hopefully they wont get in my account before then. I am calling the BBB and any one else that will listen!!!

• Li
    linda willis Jan 14, 2008

Do not trust ameritrust financial. They take your money and when you cancel. They do not give you a refund. I have called for over a month and they just give me lies. The check has been sent , or it will be mailed on Friday. I have wrote to them also. You will lose your money, like I did!

• Tp
    tpsha banks Jun 11, 2008

awoman called me and said that they havea credit card that would help me rebiuild my credit and that they needed my bank account number to verify that my account was in good standings instead of doing a credit check she said iwas approved f or a 2000 dollar credit card and that i would have to put 200 down on the card but the card never came and and i got worried and called my bank put a block on my acount and the customer service number they gave me no one has ever answered just a voice recording and they also gave me a conformation number for my new card this is a rip off and scam and they prey on people with bad credit the scary part is that they no all your info when they call you.

AmeriTrust Financial — Fraud & cheating!

Do not be stupid like me!! I am having financial problems. I was sitting here one day thinking "What am I...

AmeriTrust FinancialDo not trust this company - they are scams!

I received a phone call from Ameritrust on october 25, 2006, asking me if I wanted to sign up for a credit card to help raise my credit score.

The lady told me that the $200 processing fee would be reimbursed through vouchers, so I agreed. I gave them my information, and they deducted the money from my account on Nov.21.
I called them in the middle of December, and they said that a package was mailed to me on Nov. 28, and that it would cost me more to cancel, so I should just use the vouchers. It is now March, and I still have not received anything from them, and they have not returned my phone calls.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. They are a scam, and will take your money.

• Si
    sierra chacon Feb 22, 2008

I WAS DECIEVED BY THIS COMPANY!!! I ASKED THE MAN THAT I TALKED TO IF THIS CARD WAS FOR A CATALOG AND TOLD HIM THAT IF IT WAS I DID NOT WANT IT! HE THEN TOLD ME THAT IT CAN BE USED FOR CATALOGS IF I WANTED IT TO BE AND I SAID NO! I ALSO ASKED HIM IF IT HAD ANY RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND IF I COULD USE IT ANYWHERE AND HE THEN TOLD ME THAT THERE WERE NO RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND THAT I COULD USE IT ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE JUST LIKE A REGULAR CREDIT CARD. I ASKED HIM WHAT KIND OF CARD IT WAS AS WELL I ASKED IF IT WAS A VISA OR MASTER CARD AND HE THEN PROCEEDED TO ASK ME WHICH ONE DID I PREFER AND I REPLIED VISA AND HE SAID OK THAT IS NO PROBLEM. SO COME TO FIND OUT IT IS A CARD FOR A CATALOG AND ONLY AMERITRUSTS SITE! THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULL! THAT IS 200 DOLLARS THAT I DO NOT HAVE EXTRA IM 21 YEARS OLD AND A SINGLE MOTHER TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL! I WRITE A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT AND THEY DENIED MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND I HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME!

AmeriTrust Financial — Horrible people and full of lies!

In part this is my fault because I was naive enough to believe them. They called promising all kinds of great...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices