Aaa Financial Services Complaints & Reviews

Aaa Financial ServicesFraudulent charges without authorization

I never heard about the company AAA Financial Services. I was shocked, when I checked my account. They charged me for $56.99 and when I found their website, they charged me again for the same sum. I haven’t bought from them, so it was really strange, but I want to stop this scamming company. I wonder if there are people, who had the same thing. Maybe you can advise me how to stop these withdrawals. Please post your ideas and comments. Thanks.

Aaa Financial ServicesUnreasonable financial Charge

My wife owed the card payment, including principals, interests, financial charge and late payment for a long time, which was $8337, by May 9, 2009. After I found out, I immediately paid up the amount on May 6, 2009, and closed the account. I thought everything was over. However, we received a statement asked us to pay $138, financial charge. I argued with them and said we shouldn't be charged anything since I paid before the deadline. They said the statement was issued in April 16, and charged us interests daily since that date. This is ridiculoues! When we received the statement, of course, it will have passed the billing date! According to their reasoning, we have never finished paid up the amount, as we don't really know their billing date. They just rip-off their customers.

Aaa Financial ServicesDeceptive banking practices!

We have a AAA Visa card x many years, never late in payments; paying more than minimum requested. Due to Gerald Ford funeral & addition of banking & postal holiday, January payment 1 day late & late fee assessed. Called & Tiffany promised to remove late fee. Feb statement: another late fee! We called: as the minimum was paid, but minus the late fee,, so we were "late" in making the "full" payment. Also an overlimit fee was applied. Finally 2/27 all 3 fees were waived & subtracted from the massive $304 that was requested as the "minimum" payment. We even called back to confirm that we only owed $187 which we paid & they received on time. However we also paid off the card, with a payment of 8 plus thousand dollars, received by AAA days later. Imagine our shock when we got a bill with another late fee & $167 finance charge, despite paying off the card by my bank! 3 people rudely refused to budge, counting the number of courtesy waives, not getting how this had snowballed, & insisting that there is a daily finance charge, applied even as you pay off the balance. We would owe again the next month! What can we do to get recourse & protect others? Thank you! Barbara

Jackie Wolf May 24, 2007

I signed up with AAA; then got first bill from "MBNA". Then got a plain envelope from company I assumed to be junk mailer but turned out to be Bank of America. I threw it away, not knowing my "AAA" bill was inside. I am cancelling my so-called AAA card.

• Ka
          Kathy Belter Jul 22, 2007

I had similar problems and I am transferring my balance to another credit card company and cancel my AAA card.

• Mi
          Mike Sep 10, 2008

I'm currently going through the same scenario. I found this site based on what is happening to me. I'm not getting my statements. Twice I have been hit with lates fees because I end up calling them once I realized I didn't get a statement for 2 months. Then they want to charge $15 special fee to make the payment over the phone. Once this is paid off, I'm through with them. I haven't received a statement in 4 months!

• Ru
          ruth May 14, 2009

Sounds like a lot of dissatified customers. We have had a AAA Visa for several years now. At first we paid off the balance each month, but about 1 year ago had some issues that caused us to charge about $9K. Since we have accrueds a balance our interest rate has soared to 27.9% (criminal amount) and you can imagine what that does to the minimum payment. Even paying $600/mo we will never be able to pay that down. We are transferring the payoff to a lower interest card/unsecured loan and probably will never have anything to do with this company again.

Thanks for all your confirmations. It's nice to know I'm not alone on this.

• MeaCulpa Aug 25, 2010

I made the mistake of using my AAA Bank Of America Credit card to pay for a passport renewal for my 84 yr Dad.
          AAA rejected the money making my life difficult at best, and delaying the passport.

Unbeknownst to me an amount paid by the primary account holder [2, 500.- on 08/08/ 2010 was never received due to his bank and their office, so I went ahead a booked a ticket for my Mom online
          for 1.916 & cents.

We have a credit limit of 5000- YET they did authorized the ticket @ $ 1, 916. ºº[one way] which took the limit over 5.000, - how can they not know the payment of 2.500 never went through, I guess because this makes the monies owed over the limit, a "cash withdrawal" which are to be paid back @ 27.99, again I'm guessing on this

I cancelled the ticket the very next morning, [she decided to go with a travel agent which was plenty less] the airline refunded all monies. $1, 916.ºº to us but they take 30 days to refund it to AAA which is clear to me Lufthansa wants to get interest, their antics placing us in the middle.

I'm on to the antics of both card, and airline, this card will be paid in full and then forgotten, right after my name is removed from the account, I want nothing to do with the likes of credit cards from AAA & BOA .

• Gr
          GRANDMALOU Mar 09, 2011

THIS IS WHERE SO MANY OF US ARE STANDING. "WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF BoA AND THEIR UNFAIR BANKING PRATICES AND WE WILL NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE!" I AM IN A BATTLE WITH THIS BEAST KNOWN AS BoA AND IF IT SENDS ME TO MY GRAVE I'LL WILL NOT STOP MY FIGHT UNTIL THE BEAST SCREAMS "UNCLE"!!! THEY CAN CALL ME AT 7A.M., THEY CAN LIE ABOUT WHO THEY ARE WHEN THEY CALL ME, (NORTHSTAR LEGAL PRELAW MY [censor]!). THOSE OF YOU IN THE FIGHT LEARN YOUR RIGHTS. READ THE CONSUMMER RIGHTS LAWS, BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE. GET SMART ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS!! CALL YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY WHEN YOU TALK TO THOSE JERKS AT BoA THEY WILL USE YOUR WORDS AGAINST YOU. BE STRONG, BE BRAVE AND NEVER LET THEM MAKE YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING YOU DO NOT OWE. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS