Researchanyone.comI did not place this charge

J

Below is the email that I received and I do not know nor have I purchased this service. Unable to access the link to dispute this charge.

THIS IS THE EMAIL

Dispute Transaction
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:Wed 8/13/08 5:02 PM
Reply-to:[protected]@PayPal.Inc.com

To:

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $189.95 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

Payment Details

Business: ResearchAnyone.com
Contact E-Mail: [protected]@researchanyone.com

Receipt Number: [protected]

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to dispute transaction
and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at [protected]@researchanyone.com.

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID PP344

• Vi
    Viggo Aug 14, 2008

That's a PHISHING mail and not from PayPal. If you used the "Dispute transaction"-link in the email and filled in your info, you're in trouble.

Chris Goettle Aug 17, 2008

I have the same message. Phishing I assume.

matthew Aug 18, 2008

i got the same message also

• Mi
    miriam Aug 18, 2008

I received the same email, what is it?

• Pe
    Pedro Acosta III Aug 21, 2008

I got thr same msg. how do I resolve this...????

Cheri Sep 10, 2008

I just received the e-mail below and am quite confused/upset! I have never used "Paypal" before and have no clue as to what these so called charges are for or from. I have NOT authorized any charges. I can't even access their link to dispute the charges!!

Dispute Transaction
    Add contact
    Sent:Wed 9/10/08 1:21 PM
    Reply-to:[protected]@PayPal.Inc.com

To:

Dear PayPal Member,

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

Payment Details

Contact E-Mail: [protected]@researchanyone.com

Receipt Number: [protected]

Note:

and get full refund

Dispute Transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
    PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
    in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
    Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
    of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID PP242

• Ph
    Phil Sep 10, 2008

I have cancelled my paypal account and this is just one of the unsolicited solicitations i have recieved... They Are Phishing again.

• Sh
    Shaka Sep 11, 2008

It's a scam. Transaction "91R34260F3342435P" isn't a real transaction. The idea of this scam is to click on the link in the e-mail that says "Dispute this claim". PayPal won't send you information like if you aren't registered with them. Having multiple e-mail accounts makes this scam pretty clear... as I don't have a PayPal account registered to the particular e-mail address I recieved this message on.

Bottom line. It's a scam and pretty stupid one at that.

• Al
    alison Ellis Sep 11, 2008

I Don't know who in the Hell you are. But If you Charge Anything on our Credit Card You will Pay for It. So Speak English on What Exactly I'm Paying for. And only If I pay for It.

• Br
    Brandi Sep 12, 2008

I did not buy anything from Pay pal for 189.95. Please do not charge my credit card.

• Cy
    cynthia Beckham Sep 20, 2008

I did not order anything from this site if you have billed me I want a refund! transaction code you sent my e-mail? 2043366FG486722N

• Es
    esther Sep 21, 2008

I also received this and have never used pay pal i am now worried about someone accessing my account

• Es
    esther Sep 21, 2008

I also received this same email now worried somone has accessed accoutn

chuck slusser Sep 21, 2008

I have recieved another reciept #[protected] from Nancy L. Cornell I have told you people at Pay-Pal to cancel all info and any membership you think I have with you and that I will seek legal means of stopping your ### if you continue with this crap. There will be no way I'm going to pay these charges now or in the future. I am thinking of sending you a virus that will open the next time you get a hit on my name, hopefully frying your hard drives world wide... PLease do not screw around with me any longer...I would suggest you remove all traces of my name and any other info that is of concern to me...the transaction ID:20433666FG486722N total $169.95 product #922-116 buyer Nancy L. Cornell You need to fix this now and as I said I do not want to here from you agian. NOW AM I CLEAR ON THIS...MAKE IT HAPPEN

• Je
    jeremy Sep 22, 2008

i have an actual paypel email and it says on the bottom:

How do I know this is not a Spoof email?
    Spoof or 'phishing' emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal member". Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name. Find out more here

• Ru
    ruth Sep 22, 2008

i did not order this and want my money back right now'''''''''''

• Re
    R.E. Dunkley Sep 24, 2008

I did not purchase anything from PayPal hell I don't even know who or what they are. Please do not charge my card for any amount.

Josh Sep 25, 2008

LISTEN EVERYONE ITS A SCAM!!! DONT FALL FOR IT LOOK AT WHO ITS FROM

From: PayPal ([protected]@PayPal.Inc.com)

REGULAR PAYPAL IS [protected]@PAYPAL.COM NO INC.

THINK PEOPLE

• Ri
    Rider Sep 25, 2008

If anyone is so stupid to do anything more that delete this email scam then they should not be online. Come on people ... get with the program.

I've won 17 lotto's in the last month and every one wants me to send them money before I get my winnings. What do you think I should do?

• Ro
    robert j sist Sep 29, 2008

how can anyone access a persons paypal account without theirknowledge. ? very scary !!!

bob sist

Cheryl Oct 08, 2008

I just got the same thing and I new it was fake. I am getting tried of these stupid mail

• Na
    Naomi Higareda Oct 14, 2008

I got the same email, What do I do!!!

• Ka
    kay knudtson Oct 15, 2008

sir; encrypted link; reciept number;[protected]-[protected]
    $169.95 do not take out of any account this was not an authorized by me I have been trying to reach you in an attempt to stop this fraud.. thank you!

• Yo
    Your Name Here Nov 03, 2008

This email did NOT come from PayPal - it is a phishing scam. They don't get your information BEFORE the fact. They're hoping you'll respond to their email.

The purpose is to get you to click the "Dispute Charge" button or send them an email response. Click the Dispute Charge button, and Spyware is loaded onto your computer.

Within seconds, they can retrieve all your private information from the hard drive, and access your IP address. Then they wait for you to make an online financial transactions - and they get your account numbers and passwords.

Email a response back, and you can bet - the email isn't going to PayPal. Again, you're leaving yourself wide open for trouble.

What do I do if I get one of these emails??

1) Delete ALL ambiguous email. If your name (Dear NAME) isn't on it, it's 99.44% phishing scam.

2) PayPal email: Forward a copy of the email to their Fraud Division. The real PayPal website will have an email address to forward to. They respond promptly.

3) Hit the Reply button for the suspicious email - but DON'T REPLY. Compare the "TO" Address on your new email with the address they used to Send the email. More likely than not, the two email addresses WILL NOT MATCH.

4) If you've responded to the suspicious email: Use a reputable program to Search and Destroy the Spyware. If you're unsure, visit your local computer store. The Computer Geeks at Best Buy should be able to remove any harmful files and tracking cookies.
    Good luck!

• St
    SteveMatthews80 Apr 13, 2010

Hi
    I just got the email too, so I emailed Researchanyone.com. This is their repsonse

"Hi Steve
    The email you are getting is not affiliated with our company. Someone is sending out emails claiming they have charge the Paypal with $1xx.xx amount. If you see this email do not click on any links within the email. The link is trying to steal your Paypal pssword and username. Our website has a paypal buy it now button which is pre-set to $19.95 and changes cannot be made. The only amount you can make to our company is $19.95. Whatever other amount you see in an email is wrong and fake. When you receive emails as these, if you check who sent it to you, you will notice it is not directly from PayPal. They are pretending to be from Paypal but of course they are not. Do not fall for this and again please do not click on any links in the e-mail."

Hope this helps