Red Deer Regional Hospital Centreabuse

R Review updated:

Red deer hospital - was having severe pain and was not believed by emergency doctor. Initially she was rude to me and made awful comments to me. They could not find the results of my scan. When the results were finally located her attitude changed. I felt the nurses were put off if I or the other patients rang the bell for assistance. Although not all of the staff were like this. After they removed the stones that were causing the severe pain, they sent me up to a ward where the nurses did not seem experience with my condition. Most of the nursing staff was rude and unprofessional. I had a bit of a run in with one nurse and she proceeded to tell the other nurses, her side of the incident, after that the nurses were quite rude and did not check up on me, made comments that were extremely rude. I was sent home the same day as I had surgery, still suffering in pain. Doctor who did my surgery was very nice but even he seemed a bit put off or something when I saw him the morning after my surgery. Being sent home in severe pain, having to wait 45 minutes to have my tylenol 3 and anti biotic prescription filled, I was beside myself, I threw up all over myself when I was driving home. I still have not slept in two and a half days due to pain. They also did not give me an enema a desperately needed, but did send me home with one... I dont have the strength to do it and my bowels feel like they have shut down.. Has anyone else experienced similar?

• Aa
    Aaron Riches Jul 22, 2021

Red Deer hospital is it the worst in Canada i think so after getting septis from there my doctor in Edmonton payed out of his own pocket for the ambulance to take me to Edmonton other occasion when i have gone there recently bowel obstuction sat there for 3 hours in pain then watched clock tick up to ten hour wait so i left as did 7 other people i think they should all be fired when the paycheck is more important than patient care i did check wait times at every other hospital in the province Red Deer once again the slowest and yes you can see them dog [censored]ing from the counter no urgency whats so ever this a terrible hospital and all staff there should be fired LIKE I SAID WHEN THE PAYCHECK IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LOOKING AFTER PEOPLE NEXT STOP JASON KENNEYS OFFICE [censored]ING YOU RED DEER HOSPITAL AND ALL YOUR USELESS STAFF if they want to play games with the hospital and there wages or what ever there complaning about should fall on deaf ears until they put patient care before there cheques this hospital should not even be open with the staff they have working there

• Cw
    C Walden Jun 04, 2020

They "cut complaints is half" and "halved Emergency room wait time" by dirty
    tricks. Before youd wait for hours to get in, now they take you in after 30 minutes... into a bed where you wait for a doctor for hours.
    But technically you're not in the emerg waiting area anymore. They just bought a LED
    Sign and played 3 card Monty with the waitmtime. a friend (a nurse) filed a complaint about
    the dangerously poor care her son was given. (had not urinated in days) I found out, you cant fill out all the complaint forms at once. She had to wait for a call to 'finalize' her complaint. A call that comes weeks later at a time a busy mother
    has no time ta chat and is no longer angry enough to keep jumping through hoops.

So her complaint was considered false/incomplete and never filed or dealt with. No surprise complaints have fallen.. why couldn't she just file the complaint entirely when she returned from Calgary Children's Hosp (where they confirmed her son was in critical need of immediate care).

• Ty
    Tyson Smith Feb 22, 2015

I sat in the emergency room of the red deer hospital listening to the staff talk about having lobster for dinner, eye lash extensions, and everything except work. I wish I could find a job paying 20 + an hour to discuss personal stuff, they never even checked on us patents. When I arrived at 6:45 there was no other patients and was told this by the man who first processed me then the 5 women in the back told me that emerge was really busy and that there wasn't any doctors, how about firing all those girls and hiring more doctors that would save the health care system millions if not billions per year and make sure patients don't have to sit through a slumber party of hospital women.