RE/MAX Realty Select, Naples, FLhad to pay $850.00 for two unnecessary appraisals due to real estate agents poor/lack of follow up.

D

I have been struggling to buy a HUD foreclosed home for 4 months with the "help" of RE/MAX Realty Select in Naples, FL. The Sales Agent does not return phone calls for three or four days, does not fill out HUD required paperwork in a timely manner, and does not understand what is required to purchase a HUD home. His delays and inability/refusal to call HUD in a proactive manner, has resulted in my having to pay for two unnecessary appraisals for the property I wish to purchase. The first appraisal I paid for because the Agent did not know and/or would not ask proactively if HUD had already done an appraisal, which they had. So, I paid for an extra appraisal that I did not need. I had to pay for another appraisal when I had to change my application to a different lender because the Sales Agent did not send the Sales Contract in a timely manner to HUD, so it had to be done a second time. This was just a long enough delay for HUD's original appraisal to expire. Therefore, I had to pay for another appraisal. The first appraisal was $400, and the second appraisal was $450, for a grand total of $850 paid for appraisals that I did not need.

There are many other examples I could give from my ordeal of the last 4 months outlining the malfeasance and/or incompetence of this Sales Agent. When I brought my complaints to the attention of the broker, she took no action, she simply told me that she has " faith in the Agent's ability to close the sale for me."

If you are looking for a pro-active agency that cares about you, you will be very disappointed if you work with this company.