Menu

RaceTrac review: Overcharging

Author of the complaint
9:02 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Racetrac is usually one of my favorite gas and convenience store combos but one employee can ruin that.
I've learned to put up with rudeness, usually can't get away from it in these kinds of industries.
Saturday nite/Feb 6, I stopped in to pick up a few things.
My purchase came to 12.39, I gave the cashier 20.50, my change should have been 8.11, when I counted money I had on the way home I was 3.00 short. I am absolutely sure b/c we are having a bad week financially so I knew exactly what I had.
I guess you could say its my own but the store was crowded and I was paying too much attention to things going on around me. Don't ever assume you are getting the correct change and not pay attention what you are being given.
Unfortunately some employees regularly shortchange customers as a way of getting extra money. After going over the incident in my memory I believe cashier knew exactly what she was doing.
I tried calling the store afterwards but of course they never answer the phone.
Of course these places don't give receipts unless you ask for them but I was scammed nontheless.

73 comments
Apr 13, 2022 3:59 pm EDT

So I'am in the store Tuesday morning to buy coffee..Store is located on Central Florida Parkway and John Young Parkway , in Orlando Florida...I went up to the cashier to pay for my coffee, and she says do you want a larger cup of coffee because I don't have the 43 cent change to give you.

.Me saying it's ok...Moments later I was pissed.. thinking ..how does she give back change to other customers..

I was scammed ..How many other 43 cents does she steal from the store...Tomorrow I am going to talk with the manager...and tell all my friends never to go here again...This store is a rip off

N
Jan 18, 2020 10:56 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The past several visits here there has been no or very little food laid out. Condiments have not been refilled. No buns or very dried out. Doughnut case half empty. Styrofoam cup not available. Only plastic. Empanada case empty. The QT down the street is always fully stocked. Racetrack food is better but never available.

Jan 18, 2020 6:55 am EST

The Microwaves dont work the cashier named sally was very rude during transaction. Had a terrible attitude. Something i did not want to deal with.

Dec 28, 2019 12:51 pm EST

Terrible customer service.

With two employees on the night shift.

There should be a number to call if to file a complaint to ensure that your employees are held accountable for how they carry themselves. Just because of your location that does not mean quality service should not be provided.

R
Dec 21, 2019 10:46 pm EST

12/12/19
I forgot to punch in my phone number for the points to be added to my app, etc., is there a way that can still be done...

Pump # 13

plus I got a drink for $1.07

View 0 more photos
Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm EST

Store #102
Extremely CLEAN, organized, inviting to the eye! Bravo-Shae the cashier VERY PLEASANT! Every Racetrac should have team members like Shae!
Great job Shae!
Lovvvvvveeee this Racetrac-what else can I say it's great!

Nov 03, 2019 1:17 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In recent months you have changed the lids or Styrofoam cups for medium fountain drinks. The lids no longer fit securely to cup. When cup is picked up lid comes off 90% of time and I end up with a wet shirt / lap. Who ever is responsible for purchasing might want to ensure compatibility before making a purchase agreement.
I live in Deland, Florida

K
Oct 27, 2019 4:42 am EDT

Went to this location as always to get gas and store was closed meanwhile employees were in the store standing around and would not open or unlock the door. Was about to run out of gas. Was very pissed off and unpleasable! Cant remember the exact date but it was between 9/20/19 thru 9/28/2019

R
Oct 09, 2019 3:34 am EDT

Alma is AWESOME! I had such a positive experience and her customer service was incredible!

Oct 07, 2019 4:07 pm EDT

It's currently 3:00 in the morning and they have a note up saying that it's closed temporarily. I called and someone answered and I asked how long would they be closed they said 5:30. This was very inconvenient for me because I needed gas in my car and a few other items. I didn't know certain stores have the option to close when they want.

E
Sep 29, 2019 2:43 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Been buying fresh baked goods scene your Bee Ridge store opened. Suddenly only prepackaged goods available. The Sunoco station just up the street sells gas and donuts. I guess that where I'll go.

Sep 21, 2019 11:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went in and bought a hot dog and bag of chips. The sign said purchase any roller grill item and get a bag of chips for 1 dollar. When I got to the register the Co-Manager told me I must purchase q roller grill items to get discount. When I showed him the sign he ripped it down and said he was going to change it.

Sep 04, 2019 4:26 pm EDT

I asked a young lady if she worked here and she responded very rudely "No I just like playing dress up" . She had no uniform on the only thing she had on was a racetrac hat that was not visible. Never had a bad experience at this gas station before. The cashier was very helpful providing me her name and her name was Nadica.

Aug 31, 2019 5:24 pm EDT

A few times I have gone to that store because I only live a walk from it during the hours between midnight and 5 a.m. and they always have a sign on the door closed for whatever reason it is this is becoming a nuisance because it supposed to be 24 hours and it's close enough for me to walk to at night and cuz I don't drive

Aug 25, 2019 2:29 am EDT

store closing every night or most for nonsense

Aug 25, 2019 2:28 am EDT

Quick closing the store down overnight it supposed to be 24 hours a day

Aug 25, 2019 2:27 am EDT

Need to quit closing down the store in the middle of the night that is not what it says on the door it says 24 hours and playing games overnight while you're supposed to be at work is shouldn't be permitted this must be looked into it is becoming quite a nuisance

Aug 18, 2019 3:19 am EDT

A lot of the credit cards do not work at the pump

View 0 more photos
G
Aug 17, 2019 3:11 pm EDT

We frequent this Racetrak at least 3 times per week. The fountain dispenser has been out of CO2 for more than a month. Employees claim it's been fixed but all the machine dispenses is syrup, no carbonation. Why can't this be fixed correctly? Is this a ploy to make customers buy bottled drinks that cost twice as much?

G
Aug 11, 2019 2:07 pm EDT

The soft drink lids for the large cups are cheaply made and break easily. The red ones were great, and should be brought back.

K
Jul 17, 2019 5:50 pm EDT

Race trac store # 9490

Cut this visit short - can not wait all day for a half tank of gas. Ridiculously slow pump 9

Jul 14, 2019 4:35 pm EDT

The sign says any size fountain for dollar .i was overcharged
1.45 from here on out I will take my business to circle k where they only charge 85 including tax. For a refill .i have my own.cup, very disappointed in the track .false advertisement is what I find.

Jul 02, 2019 6:01 pm EDT

Visa card fraud at Racetrac has station for $81.64 on Lake Worth Road in Greenacres, FL. I was contacted by the card fraud unit and card cancelled and replaced with a new one. Transactions declined.
I live in Atlanta, so I do not understand how the card was used in Palm Beach County as I hold the card in possession.

O
Jun 29, 2019 3:37 pm EDT

I had an accident at RaceTrac on South Cobb I talked to Michael Pray but I haven't heard from him in two weeks I need to talk to someone he was supposed to send me a paper for in medical insurance I haven't received it I haven't heard from him in two weeks

Jun 24, 2019 12:13 am EDT

I was taxed on a loaf of bread at the location in Arlington Texas south Bowen road, this is not a taxable item and will be reported to the Texas comptroller

Jun 16, 2019 12:56 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Employees too busy listening to loud rap music and rude behavior at the register so they can go back to talking about what they did with their friends.

Jun 11, 2019 8:30 pm EDT

In this last week I've been to three separate stores and none of them have extra large cups are you ending the deal. Even my travels through Orlando they were putting Peanut cups out. This is inexcusable a company this giant should not run out of an item that brings in customers.

Jun 10, 2019 3:43 am EDT

They never have ice anymore. They're always out of cups and lids for fountain drinks. Multiple gas pumps keypads don't work or card readers. Location poorly ran.

May 18, 2019 2:04 pm EDT

You can go anywhere and get for 85 cents now you wanna charge 1.49 thats not right now everyone i know 8s gonna stop going to your store and it was my main store. Not no more ripoffsand im putting online on google too

May 12, 2019 12:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I put $10 gas in my moms car and they put a $100 hold on my credit card. I could not pay my bills ontime because of this causing me late fees.

May 05, 2019 4:50 pm EDT

The restroom was FILTHY! Urine all over the floor, overflowing garbage cans and no toilet paper! I told the relief manager and she was not concerned at all. I don't see why this needs to be any longer! I was precise and to the point! Filthy!

Apr 21, 2019 11:42 am EDT

I go everyday for coffee and cigs and pastry. This morning stopped different location and points taking twice for pastries and then told couldn't get it free and very nasty costumer service rude tells me can't do it then wants to charge me I left store very upset will not step foot in that store again

Apr 22, 2019 1:42 am EDT

There is a new general manager at this store who spends all day outside smoking while guests are standing in long lines waiting to be checked out!
His name is Lewis and every time I go there he is outside smoking!

Apr 16, 2019 6:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The machine never works. it comes out like runny water. Every day i complain for months and months and months. I'm there every morning at 6:45 a.m The manager Dave is the greatest friendliest guy. but whoever makes the frozen yogurt is clueless. I complain every day for months and months and months...I just end up buying an ice cream bar

Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am EDT

Every time I get fuel at your stores in the Orange Park area, my truck runs bad and fuel light comes on. It will take 2 fill ups from the Wawa for truck to run right again. You have lost my business

B
Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm EDT

And when I suggested it the 1 employee clapped a hugh empty garbage bag 3 ft from me in the aisle I felt it was not courteous and professional.im requesting a $20 gift card to go somewhere else and for the inconvenience Thanks( I'm at 4351 CREEKSIDE Blvd KISSIMMEE Florida 34746.) My phone [protected]

B
Apr 07, 2019 7:45 pm EDT

Please call asap ty

Feb 25, 2019 6:37 am EST

I was at Racetrac this week. The clerk who checked me out was on the phone the entire time I was checking out. This is not the first time it has happened.
This is rude.

If I did this on MY job, I would be fired.

I can tell from the conversation that it was NOT a business call.

Good Customer Service is almost non- existant in this world today :(

Feb 12, 2019 5:18 am EST

Literally 23 people in line one clerk working cash register. One clerk sitting behind counter loading gum and mints in display counter. Total indolence !

P
Feb 11, 2019 6:02 pm EST

Clerk closed the store because they only had one person working, when there were clearly 2 people in inside who looked under the age of 18 .This is a very active RACETRAC and over 50 people were turned away. Bad management. West Palm Beach deserves better. We had to take our service to 7 eleven, 2100 45 th street who had great customer service.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

487 complaints