Public Storage — multi-billion dollar company cheats the little guy
I stored my belongings with University Storage in Tampa when I went to live in China in 2002. They were bought out by Public Storage. I received a statement dated 12/15/06 from Public Storage with a note that I was paid to September 1 of 2007. The fee I paid was $706 for a year, including a free month. I later saw on my credit card statement that they were charging me $885 for the next year, an increase of 26%. I saw from the breakdown they sent me that they had thrown out the free month, jacked up the rent last December, charged me a late fee in August when my funds ran out sooner than they should have because of the increase, and then jacked up my rates again..a total of 26% increase in 8 months while I was still supposed to be covered for the year I paid for. I think that's fraudulent and deceptive. I have tried over and over to work this out with them but they refuse to be reasonable.
The regional manager is Bill Ennis and his number is [protected]. He refuses to answer my e-mails any longer. He claims to be insulted by my saying that they're cheating me, as if I'm not insulted that THEY ARE cheating me, especially when I'm overseas and rather helpless. The customer relations manager I've been e-mailing is John Glozer (jglozer AT publicstorage.com). Both of them are arrogant and absolutely refuse to back down an inch. Is there anything you can to to help?
More Public Storage Complaints & Reviews
- Public Storage - overcharging
- Public Storage - stolen property
- Public Storage - terrible experience
- Public Storage - bad service
- Public Storage - scam 100%
- Public Storage - customer service
- Public Storage - I have never been treated so badly by a company in my life
- Public Storage - storage bin and customer service
- Public Storage - bad lein
- Public Storage - rental price fraud