PREMIER FOODS HOVIS BREADMALPRACTICES FOR AGENCY WORKERS

N

I was a normal 20s something unfortunate employee of the factory which was based in East London forest gate,
because of recession i was a fresh graduate but couldn't find work, so i found work as a factory worker which would be based in East London forest gate,
i never knew the most inhuman and pathetic ways employees and agency workers are maltreated in the factory floor, the machines that operate there emit continuous 24 hrs shrieks and scream more than 100 decibals.
as a agency worker, i was pushed around, did pathetic jobs that others didn't want to do and was made to work like a slave(Sorry to use this word as this is true!!)

During the normal work timings I was made to lift heavy cupboard continuously for two days period, during that time i was handled and managed by a manager called JOE AGEYKUM who has no respect for culture and humanity and has no class made me lift between more than 20 or more cupboards which were heavy enough to crush a person about 100 to 120 kgs, I was given assistance from 4 other people but i was simply given NO:
1)Training and proper lifting techniques.

2)no protection shoes were provided, a law in uk states that employees and agency worker are given these on no extra cost.(my uniform was charged in my salary).

3)during the short duration i worked i struggled and stressed over providing me with protection ear plugs and glove!!! i was given somesones elses worn out gloves and used ear plugs which were worn by others??
its funny premier foods(hovis brand name a famous bread) do not really matter employees protection and their welfare.

4)i talked to many of the employees working in the factory and most of them have been working there for more than 40 years with no career progression, some even have been permanently disabled by the factory and they cannot do anything to chase for the damages as the employees and agency workers are kept aloof and stupid deliberatly so they could continue their practices in silence.

5)i protested and i was abused by this really clever and cunning man called JOE AGEYKUM who abused me called me a excuser and threatened me with unemployment and poverty if i dont listen to him,
he clearly told me to go home and take a rest and shouted and spat at my face like a dog.abusing me like a animal and not respecting me for who i was,

6)i even called the factory in forest gate and they told me to write to your agency as they cannot do anything and they didn't employ me directly, they knew that I would loose as i was poor worker with no where to go.

now please people, if you are eating a piece of the bread from Hovis do know where is it coming from???
employees who have been mistreated all their lives and don't talk about it due to constant fear of dismissal and unemployement.

they would show their cute and sexy looking long paragraphs of employees hand book and billboards of employees what to do and what not to do?what about the practical factory work,
i dont know about other branches of the factory but if you go to the factory in East london you would find something is not right

below is the statement joe made through my lawyer which i hired and the lawyer never pursued my case as such after that..

MALPRACTICES FOR AGENCY WORKERS
MALPRACTICES FOR AGENCY WORKERS

• Al
    Almaas Din Jul 31, 2017

I worked for british bakeries and under Joe and never found him a problem. Yes it was tough but I loved and it was a life lesson to push me hard on my studies., You just couldnt hack it simple as that.

Half of the country is on Benefits because ungrateful little mites like you want to have an easy ride on everything.