Potomac PixiebobsSelling sick kittens not standing behind contract

L

We brought home our baby kitten on April 27, 2013. We purchased him from a person whom we felt was a reputable breeder from Virginia. We arranged to pick him up at a cat show in Connecticut. However, when we got him, he was extremely thin and had diarrhea. He was sneezing, had runny eyes and nose and was infested with ear mites. We were very concerned for our new kitten and for our other animals, as well, who had come into contact with him in our home.

We brought him to our trusted veterinarian. While attempting to figure out why he kept having diarrhea, we were completely blindsided when we received a diagnosis of the wet form of FIP. Nothing could be done to save him. Sadly, our baby passed away on June 22. We considered taking the risk of getting another kitten from this breeder, however, she cannot find the time in her personal life to even send us some pictures. There is always some short of excuse as to why she is unable to help us.
To us, it does not appear that she cares about the welfare of the breed or the heartache we have endured.
If you are looking for a kitten, show cat, or breeder cat...please don’t buy from this Pixie Bob Breeder in Virginia, as it could become a complete heartbreak for you and your family.

PixieLover Dec 22, 2015

Tammy has classy pixiebobs, period. The rest are just jealous. On this thread abusing her beautiful and rare program. Her lines are so old, that even the other Blue List breeders don't have such close pedigrees. Tammys lines are the last of Carols cats. Be jealous!

Tammy Norton Oct 19, 2015

Enjoyying the slander i get due to many unhappy pet buyers who have bought from potomac pixiebobs . Whats even better is She claims Its me causing this i have been damaged by this breeder as well and would NEVER recommend potomac Stacey Foster or her New cattery and Partner Jane . I have a waiting list Stacey.
    And no problem with my cats

PixieMom Oct 02, 2015

Tammy, I don't know you, or anyone else on this board, but I agree with you 100% about Stacey Foster. I doubt she surrendered any cat and simply moved to Maryland and opened under the name of Doktari Pixiebobs. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. She knowingly sold us a diseased pixiebob about 8 years ago thinking we had the finances to deal with what came to be his lifelong health issues. We did everything possible to get our cat healthy, but never succeeded in stopping his chronic diarrhea. A little over a year ago, Ms. Foster sent me a condescending email about responsibility after seeing my complaint on this board. She has no idea of the lengths we went to in trying to get our cat healthy, but she will soon enough. After complete incontinence on September 18, 2015, we finally had our beautiful cat euthanized. She has absolutely no idea of the grief she has caused me and my family. Clearly, Ms. Foster is a for-profit-only breeder who takes absolutely no responsibility for selling sick cats once they leave her premises. Buyer beware!

Tammy Norton Sep 29, 2015

Funny how the lies of the person above this comes from stacey fosters own ISP and Does she realise we can check and No surrender was done .

• Pb
    PBaficionado Jul 14, 2015

Potomac Pixiebobs was forced to surrender ALL cats to animal control in June of 2015. It's truly a sad situation. Tammy Norton, you should not throw rocks while sitting in glass house. You are no better selling feral and flea infested cats.

Tammy Norton Jun 26, 2014

As for Sweety he was sold to stacey as a breeder Yet she lied and bought him to replace a sick kitten she sold . and Sold him Breaking OUR Contract along with her Partner Jane Handlemen . Not reputable at all Yet she at least sent out 1 Healthy kitten too bad it wasnt her own lines and i still have his papers .

Tammy Norton Jun 25, 2014

Stacey I can not tell people to post about their cats Dieing if you look that's 4 different people and your Buyers Not mine I only know what you have done to me and Yes mark is real and so am i Partner has a few friends that are Fans and friends who have his puppies,

I am one who only breeds once a yr each queen gets a yr or more break i do not live off my cats and Please anyone who wants to can contact me, Once someone is known to be abusive and liars or Unrepeatable I Ditch them like the Kitty Litter scoop with Poop in it, .
    you ended up being Such a person

Tammy Norton Jun 25, 2014

Funny the Last post has the same Exact ISP as Potomac LMAO

• Ze
    ZenskaD May 03, 2014

I haven't had dealings with Pixiebobs in many, many, many years. And I'll give my opinion. Potomac Pixiebobs has some of the BEST Pixiebobs within the entire breed. Anyone that has been around knows that, there have been HUNDREDS of breeders try their hand in the breed and many of which get a cat or two from Potomac because she is the "go-to" source for top quality northwestern lines WITHOUT the historical drama associated with the old school Washington breeders. She has a consistent look, generation after generation of great chines, bone structure, and all around old northwestern look. I have never purchased a cat from her before but I will say this, she has probably produced over 50 TICA titled cats, from Champions, on up to RWSGRCH's. I am not sure why she doesn't update her website with a "past stars" page showing off all of her Cattery accomplishments? I ponder the idea of getting back into breeding pixiebobs in my future and I definitely hope that Potomac Pixiebobs is around because I would definitely buy a pair from her. And btw, she didn't ask me to write this, I don't even know her personally, I tried breeding Pixiebobs for a 5 year period from [protected] and life changes prevented me from continuing. I continue to follow the Pixiebob as a breed because I am passionate about them. She is one of the FEW breeders to have a consistent look regardless of how many generations she's produced. Go take a look at some other breeders, they will have 3 generations of RELATED cats that don't even look the same.

IF AND WHEN THE DAY COMES WHEN I AM ABLE TO GET BACK INTO MY DREAM, WHICH IS BREEDING PIXIEBOBS AGAIN, I'LL BE IN CONTACT WITH POTOMAC PIXIEBOBS.

fosterpotomac Apr 23, 2014

Lostgoosefarm Thu, May 2, 2013 6:31 pm
    Update on Finn

He is AWESOME!! He has adjusted to his new home as you can see in the pics. Pixies are the funniest cats ever really enjoying this little guy. You can also see that he has gained weight and is getting bigger. Sleeps all night getting along with all the animals in our home. Fatty our older kitty adores Finn, so proud of Fatty.

Comments

fosterpotomac Apr 23, 2014

To set one other record straight here...I would NEVER use Tammy Norton, Mark Dunbar (her other alter ego) or her dog Partner Norton (yes her dog has his own Facebook page which she uses as another board for her fanatic and erratic statements) as a recommendation. Her cats have been soundly and thoroughly beaten in the show hall by my cats as well as EVERY other Pixiebob breeder...none of which will work with her, BTW...as she is very unpredictable...being your best friend one day and the next going after you for a perceived wrong. I would never want her to recommend me nor would I use her as any kind of reference. Her cats, which she professes to be 20-30 pounds are more like a common size male domestic maybe weighing in at 12 pounds or so at full maturity. She also is breeding the incorrect type head, eyes, body and way too short of tails if they are not full length. People anyone can write on a public forum and ruin a persons reputation, livelihood, and credibility. This board is being MISUSED at least in this instance. Probably others as well.

• Sf
    S. Foster Apr 22, 2014

Tammy Norton and her cattery...OCEAN Sprite and her alter ego Mark Dunbar (also Partner Norton ; which is a dog) has had it out for me and my cattery as I would not send her a cat as she cannot place hers! She has no medical info as she has NEVER gotten a cat from me ever! Call this person and talk to her for a period of time and I am sure you will see she is sadly unbalanced. I feel sorry for her as she has no interests in life but to go after SUCCESSFUL breeders. I will be posting numerous testimonies over the next few days. I have so many repeat clients that her statements are easily disproved.

Also, contrary to popular belief ...unless you are a kitten mill kittens aren't manufactured like dolls at a factory. Breeding is done once a year only (Spring time at my cattery) and availability is based on the time of year, quality of kittens and number of kittens available. A companion kitten is not going to be replaced by a show animal...unless you choose to make up the difference...

One last comment...Tammy Norton professed to be a wonderful friend of mine...as well as others...UNTIL she does not get what she wants. I DO have ALL of the emails to back this up. Ladies you are being used by a very disturbed individual...PLEASE be careful for your own sakes with this sad and unbalanced woman...she really does need professional help.

• Sf
    S. Foster Apr 22, 2014

Tammy Nortton...you are being reported to TICA and I have emails from people that prove you are behind all of these negative comments and making trouble. You are a person that is sad and damaged (mentally and emotionally) and people should be aware that you are not in your right mind. I will be working with an attorney my Father, going through TICA and all of the people you have managed to get to file false complaints will also be reviewed. All kittens that have problems have always been offered to be replaced. In 19 years I have only the few ladies YOU Tammy Norton got riled up. I have not heard, except on boards where you happily fan the flames due to having unsound mental capacities (from being shot in the head...according to YOU) and no focus in your day to day life because you do not work.. The people who complied and stuck to the letter of the contract are able to pick at any time a comparable kitten for replacement and this has always been so. You need to get help and I hope when people get to hear you speaking they will realize how unbalanced and vindictive you are. Work on your own program and stop worrying about mine, Special Agent and the others you have had a vendetta for and gone after. I have email proof for any who wish to see it.
    People you are being duped by a sad and lonely and mentally ill individual. BEWARE!!!

Tammy Norton Apr 17, 2014

Lies i have the emails Potomac i also have 6 neucroptsys you where also sent and they where done by vets you refuse to read your mail sent by attorneys so maybe the doj or a police officer will hand them to you,

fosterpotomac Mar 01, 2014

Potomac Pixiebobs is a reputable breeder that has always followed through on all guarantees as long as the letter of the contract was followed. Certain persons have never provided ANY veterinary information nor the required necropsy for the replacement clause to be activated. In spite of that they were offered a kitten as a replacement as soon as one became available of a different line. At this time one has not been available as breeding is NOT done year round. This spring the parties in question will get the kitten as soon as all the contractual documents are provided. Potomac Pixiebob has STILL never seen the required documents for replacement from certain parties. So please be aware that scamming works both ways and this person has been scamming Potomac Pixiebobs as well as spreading untruths. This is an actionable, by law, activity. All such wording must be removed or their could be legal consequences. Potomac has been around for nearly twenty years and has only one or two parties that are unhappy. There are hundreds of testimonies to refute certain persons views and will happily be provided. As for Oceansprite I owe her nothing and her animal was sold as a breeding quality cat which he clearly was not. All monies were paid in full and then as he proved unsuitable he was placed in a companion home where he rules as king. I have a contract to support this statement. This was done in the best interest of the cat. Please people, two or three people that have had an unfortunate experiences does not mean a breeder of nearly 20 years is unreputable...if that were so then she would have long ago been out of cats or business. No animal has ever gone out of Potomac ill knowingly. What person or company wants that headache? If the lies are continued then my attorney will be contacting you. Biological creatures, unfortunately, can have adverse reactions to just about anything. Would you adopt a child (as many of you claim your pets are to you) and then defame that same entity? It is easy to blame everything on someone else, especially when we are grieving. We understand that. To those that want there replacement, kittens will be born in the next couple of months. If we could have wished them into existence we would have. I have contacted my regional director about this as well. Ms Norton is an instigator and is very jealous of my success. The same cat she spoke of was one she was angry at me for placing with another breeder with more room, time and less cats that could provide him a better home. Think before you act or write. My father is an attorney and I have only not started action for this slander, libel and defamation of character as I have sympathised with your grief and understand one can act irrationally. I have only a few queens as many have been placed into their forever companion homes. If you want your kitten Lisa you will get it. Jenny you owe me a veterinary necropsy. Contracts work both ways and protect both parties.

Tammy Norton Feb 27, 2014

Love2rescue, this Breeder knows she has had this Issue for Yrs and had lied to me about altering the problem cats instead she sold them to a nother breeder in Canada . she is not a reputable breeder and Yes she is at fault for selling Sick Animals Knowingly there are more then 1 case where the animals Die before the new home has them for a month there for I do Blaim the Breeder

Tammy Norton Feb 27, 2014

She also is going off my name and I have nothing to do with her except made a huge mistake first i thought she wa desent and sent her a wonderful caring buyer then when she told me she had a replacement and altered the cats that had the issues i sent her a beautiful healthy boy she sold to someone else, Probably the only Person she sold a kitten to thats gotten a healthy animal IN YRS

again Oceansprtie Pixie bobs Tammy Norton DOES NOT RECOMMEND POTOMAC Pixies Or STACEY FOSTER IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM .

L. Bateman Jan 16, 2014

This breeder who sold me a sick kitten who died of FIP is now selling Savannah kittens under the business name of Doktari Savannahs. She advertises ongoing breeder support for both her Pixiebobs and Savannahs, which is absolutely false. I have contacted her multiple times as I have never received Liam's pedigree paperwork as was part of the contract between the breeder and I. There are so many wonderful and honest breeders out there. I would caution anyone considering doing business with this awful person who knowingly breeds and sells sick kittens giving breeders a bad reputation.

L. Bateman Jan 16, 2014

The breeder who has knowingly sold many sick kittens is now selling Savannah kittens under the business name of Doktari Savannahs. She advertises that she offers ongoing contact to the purchaser, which is absolutely false. I have contacted her multiple times to receive the pedigree paperwork for my kitten that died of FIP and she will not respond. There are so many wonderful Pixiebob and Savannah breeders out there. I would caution anyone considering dealing with this person.

• Pa
    Partner Norton Dec 03, 2013

Dont feel alone this breeder knows she has been told by many even sold off her stud cat after telling us Pixie bob breeders we didnt want that issue and she had euthanised him sold him to a new breeder . Praying for the new breeder there is sadness all around i do not understand how anyone could breed something for money .

Ladies Maybe you can all take her to court or fild a complaint with her DOJ
    have animal control out there she also has a partner Jane Handelsman

i made the mistake and sold her a kitten to help with her inbreeding issue she bit me too sold him to another breeder and still owes me $$ but in this case she should be wiped clean of ever owning any animals again

lostgoose Nov 23, 2013

Love2rescue
    I do blame the breeder 100% for the death of my kitten. A Reputable Breeder would NEVER sell let alone let a sick kitten leave their cattery being sick. The breeder did cause the FIP I do know that in order for FIP you need FECV virus to mutate. When you get a baby kitten who is sick with FECV, loaded with ear mites, underweight, and stressed, of course the immune system is compromised. There lies the ingredients for FIP.

Love2rescue Nov 21, 2013

This does not refute the fact that FIP is not contagious (let alone highly contagious). It is not a common occurrence for an entire litter to die from the disease. FIP happens. It's not anyone's fault. I've lost a kitten to FIP at the age of 5 months. This was not a pedigreed kitten. His litter mates are still alive 5 years later and none of my other cats came down with it.

It's a very difficult disease that even the top vets don't fully understand. There is no definitive test for it. It is often given as a diagnosis when there is no other definitive answer. Many cats have been diagnosed with FIP that did not have it.

lostgoose Nov 21, 2013

FIP affects both pure- and random-bred cats. However, the disease usually starts in young kittens, so it is closely
    linked with cat breeding. The disease is also enhanced by improper husbandry, especially resulting from overcrowding
    (shelters, large multiple cat households). We also know that genetic susceptibility may account for 50% or more of the
    risk of developing FIP. Although FIP occurs in all breeds, there is no doubt that certain bloodlines, and therefore certain
    matings, are more apt to produce kittens that eventually die from FIP. These genetic factors are most likely a result of the
    inbreeding that goes into breed development. Therefore, catteries are at the highest risk because they are subject to all three
    risk factors (kitten production, dense housing, genetic susceptibility). The likelihood that any given cattery will suffer at
    least one outbreak of FIP over a five year period is very high, and mortality in catteries can be 5-10 times higher than it is
    in the general population. Shelters have the second highest risk, and the greatest incidence is among kittens adopted during
    periods of overcrowding and prolonged stays. Most shelter kittens are random bred, with many coming from the feral cat
    pool. Random bred kittens are more genetically diverse in general, so husbandry factors are more important in causing

Love2rescue Nov 20, 2013

I have no comment on the breeder, but I do have a comment on the statement from a vet on FIP. FIP in itself is NOT contagious. FIP results when a corona virus(of which many exist and most cats have been exposed to and simply never get sick) is mutated within an individual cats body. FIP is not "with kittens from their mother". It's quite likely that no other kittens from the litter will develop FIP. That's not how it works.

Do a little research before blaming FIP on any breeder. It happens to rescue cats too and it's simply a roll of the dice. You never know which cats immune systems will mutate a corona virus into the deadly FIP virus. I'm really sorry for your loss, but blaming this horrid disease on a breeder will not help anyone.

L. Bateman Nov 17, 2013

Lostgoose, I picked up my pixiebob kitten, Liam, from this breeder on Sunday April 28, 2013. He had diarrhea, was sneezing and on May 10th was treated for yeast infection in his ears and antibiotics to treat the sneezing. He began growing, was very strong and active and became a beautiful kitten. About a week and a half ago he started getting weak and finally stopped eating on November 12th. After blood tests and an ultrasound to draw out fluid, I had to put him to sleep this past Friday evening as he had FIP. It has been devastating, I loved him so much. The vet explained this decease is very contagious deadly and was with him from his mother. I wonder if the kitten above was from his litter. The vet told me all of Liam's siblings have or will die and I should notify the breeder, even though she would probably already have known. The breeder has not responded to any of my emails or phone calls ever since I picked him up to bring him home.

I previously had a pixiebob for 13 years and he died in January, 2013. I loved my adult cat and the breed so much, I knew I only wanted a pixiebob again. I searched for a breeder who I thought was honest and well experienced. My adult pixie bob never had any health issues until he died at 13 years. I was concerned from the day I brought Liam home. If anyone else has had this experience, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

PixieMom Sep 16, 2013

We bought a Pixie-bob kitten from this breeder several years ago. She was selling cats with a parasite called Tritrichomonas foetus. She did not disclose this to us and it literally took us months of seeing various vets and specialists to get a diagnosis. This parasite causes severe cow-pie like diarrhea that is extremely rancid smelling. Once we took the kitten home, the breeder did not want anything to do with us. After years of medical treatments and dietary changes our cat still has diarrhea most of the time. I love this cat more than life itself and my heart breaks for what he has to endure over the years, not to mention the grief and expense that has been involved for us. This is an unscrupulous breeder who only cares about profits. I would hope some agency would step in and remove every animal from her premises. Lostgoose, I am so sorry for your loss.