Once Upon A ChildRacism

J

Went into Once Upon A Time store on October 4, 2012 at around 1:30 pm. A blonde caucasion woman around her late 20's took one look at me and rudely said if I can put my bags behind the counter, they dont allow bags in store. Only purses or backpacks. Store is located inside a shopping center, and bags were purchases from other stores. Was not greeted or anything. Thats the first thing I was told when I just walked in. I am a Mexican woman in my early 30"s, never stole anything in my life. Why would I steal from a second hand store! Then a caucasion man entered the store (with a couple bags) and there were two other caucasion ladies already inside store when I walked in. She greeted the man with a smile, asked the other ladies if they needed help. Did not acnowledge me one bit. But she did try to follow me around the store and tried not to make it obvious. But I know what she was doing. Was going to say something to her because I just felt embarrased, shocked, and sick to my stomach. I just asked for my bags and left the store.

• Mo
    Momof Three Oct 06, 2012

I have been in there many times and have never experienced that before. I'm Mexican also and they have never been anything but nice. One time I came in with bags to sell but they stopped buying for the day and they said I could put my bags down so I didn't have to carry them around the store. They are the nicest people there and the last thing I would call them is racist.

• Pr
    Proud Mama Apr 30, 2014

Into the store and their was 1 long line. I parked at the front door with flashers on because I had heavy items and my son with me. I was told I needed to stay in the store in order to be waited on in 20 min. I pointed to my car and told her I needed to get something for my son and she tld me no. But she stated I needed to move my car. I said how can I move my car when you wont let me leave the store she said never mind leave it there. I said I guess so. From that point on she threw my items and had aver nasty attitude. She stated this was a new rule she was implementing. I got my ticket they offered me around $45. She tld me to go to the back of the line to get cashed out. I said you guys need some help. She rolled her eyes. A white lady walked in the store. Unaware of everything that had just went on a she proceeded to say you guys are busy and that they needed extra help. I stated to the lady that they were disorganized Today. The manager told if I insulted her workers one more time she kick me out. She stormed so I'm standing there waiting in line she comes back and sAys You have to leave the stOre now.