Om Packers And Moversworst imaginable service

I used services of Om Packers and Movers, Kopar Khairane (http://www.ompackers.com/) on 4th April 2009 to shift my belongings from Kopar khairane to Pune.

Om packers and movers have a decent site http://www.ompackers.com and impressive looking visiting card, memos. I was easily convinced by Om packers manager Mr.Uttamrao Kauthekar and I paid him full in advance.
Little did i know that I made a big mistake - my goods (in worst imagined condition) reached after more than a month and that too after paying hefty sum to warehouse owner which is the so-called branch of Om packers.
After repeated calls to Mr Uttam Rao, it was revealed that the truck driver couldn't find my address because
he was illiterate so he dumped my belongings to so called Om packers warehouse after keeping whatever he found useful amongst my belongings(carpet, bucket, mattress, foldable bed, water can, footwear, water pipe, guitar)
The warehouse owner whom I spoke to told me he had no relation whatsoever with Om Packers and Movers and he will charge me Rs400 per day for keeping my goods.When I paid him and enquired why 2 packages were missing - he told me he takes no guarantee of stored goods. His warehouse is normally open 24 hrs as nobody would steal big sacks of potatoes

After some investigation I came to know that Om packers use vegetable trucks to delivery goods in parts and if you're lucky enough you will get all your belongings together. I called other branches mentioned on Om packers website (http://www.ompackers.com/) - as expected they all turned out to be fake.
One of them openly confessed that Uttamrao pays them a meagre amount annually to display their address as its branches.

I have registered complaint to consumer court and lodged protest with company who accredited Om Packers and Movers with ISO 2001 certification.
I can only hope justice prevails.

Namrata Kulkarni Sep 10, 2009

similar experience

Namrata Kulkarni Sep 10, 2009

I request people having similar experience to come forward and make everyone else aware.

• Ra
    raviseethappa Sep 15, 2009

I was duped similarly by another packer - my advice
    use reliable packers- never compromise on quality to save money
    Om Packers And Movers — worst imaginable service

• Dj
    DJain Jun 09, 2010

yes. OM packers and movers are pathetic. They are disasters.
    NO ONE SHOULD USE THEM. They will make fool of u.
    I used them to move my stuff from Gurgaon to Bangalore in May 2010. When i received my stuff at Bangalore, i was in tears... it looked as if they have raped my things. Every goddam box was torn apart. When I complained about it, they used fouled language.
    I payed only 500/- advance thinking that the rest of the amount will be lucrative enough to take good care of my stuff. But i was wrong.
    So guys better put ur money in good packers n movers, then to see ur stuff [censor]ed.

• Ad
    adnoida Nov 29, 2010

They are a bunch of thieves who will only commit and never deliver. I got my luggage transferred from Noida to Hdyerabad in the month of November 2010. Mr Pankaj Manager for Noida/Ghaziabad gave me fake promises and promised to deliver luggage and car within a week. To my surprise I did not get any update for 8 days after booking. When I called him he too had no update. I called their Mumbai head office waiting for a response what else can you do when you are helpless. After calling again & again my luggage reached after 16 days and but car was not there. I had to launch an FIR for the same.
    Household goods were badly damaged as luggage was loaded on truck along with big transformers which were supposed to reach Chennai from Noida. Kitchen items were all damaged and packet for Books was open. Fridge was damaged and costly decorative items were all broken into pieces. I asked driver and he told me that luggage was uploaded after 10 days, till then it was lying at at Faridabad & I had no updates regarding them. It was loss of not only money but emotion as well. It was a big disappointment & a nightmare for my wife as she was the one who manages household. The trust that I put in to these was all torn apart.
    If you are reading this feedback please never ever take services of these [censor]s. I have not tried others so u can try others but not this one.

• Kr
    Krishna Muralidhar Jul 19, 2011

I had a very bad experience with OM Packers. I booked a full truck from Navi Mumbai to Trivandrum and was promised delivery within 5 days with unloading and unpacking taken care of by them. The packing was shoddy and it was loaded as a full truck load into a lorry with insurance provided mentioning the lorry no. After repeated calls due to non delivery at Trivandrum I was informed by Uttam ( Mumbai Manager) that the lorry hit a motor cyclist and there is a delay due to this. Finally the goods reached after 12 days but to my surprise it was in another truck not the one insured for. I was also told that a fine of Rs 2000 was levied by Check post police for exceeding height stipulations which I was asked to pay. Though I was lured by the ISO certification displayed on the site and promise that unloading and unpacking would be their responsibility. However when Head load workers here demanded Rs 18, 000 for unloading I was asked to pay the amount. Since I was in a trap I negotiated with the Unions and got it reduced marginally which I paid them since it was my need. However when unloading progressed I found a big crate under my goods. When I confronted the driver as to why he was carrying unauthorised goods in the truck fully booked by me and asked for the papers the real tr uth came out. My goods were unloaded at Vashi and kept in a warehouse for 5 days. Thereafter it was loaded into a truck which was first loaded with a huge crate carrying some machinery ? from LNT to ISRO at Trivandrum. I could get all these details from the papers the driver showed me on threat of calling the police. I wonder how possibly sensitive items of a defense related organisation could be transported in this suspicious manner and who is the culprit in this fraud. I am sure full cargo fares may be collected from LNT and as done from me also . It was raining in Mumbai and my goods got drenched with the cardboard cartons collapsing damaging my goods including costly artifacts, crystals, decorative pieces and crockery broken due to weight crushing them. I suffered a huge loss both in terms of damaged goods and my paying the head load workers without unpacking being done. I do not know if this ISO certification etc is a fake because though the site carries an office address at Trivandrum Uttam did not give any contact details even when I demanded for the same nor I found anybody representing that office. Apart from the huge fraud committed on me I also am worried about national security being compromised for the greed of such rapacious, unscrupulous transporters who would go to any extent to make a fast buck. I think the authorities should watch for such fraudulent tricksters and take exemplary action to stop such frauds which could be a national threat. Below a huge pile of household goods anything could be hidden and transported which could be very dangerous in the present scenario.

Namrata K Nov 27, 2011

OM PACKERS AND MOVERS
    India
    ompackers.com

I can only hope justice prevails.

• M8
    m84 Nov 29, 2011

Such unscrupulous fraudsters should be dealt with in an exemplary manner. Below a huge pile of household goods anything could be hidden and transported which could be very dangerous in the present scenario.Till date action has been taken against them., and they continue withtheir advertissement and cheating the consumers and the nation..

• Rc
    rcal Dec 19, 2012

I also wish to complain about Om Packers & Movers, Kopar Khairane, Navi Mumbai, which is run by Uttam Kauthekar. This is a fraud and cheat service. It claims to be ISO 9001 certified, a claim which itself appears as a big lie, because the way they provide service, including packing and transportation, is extremely lopshoddy. Uttam always charges complete amount in advance, while saying that if you do not pay in advance, then you will have to pay after getting your stuff loaded, a sort of blackmailing tactic. After the packing, Uttam keeps the stuff at his warehouse and loads it only when he gets some truck in minimum charge: basically he tries to squeeze as much margin as possible. My stuff kept lying at his warehouse for two weeks, even when he had promised that he will load it on the first day itself. Many times, during the loading some stuff is damaged as most often, the truck in which he loads the household stuff is carrying some industrial good as well, or the material is not load properly and is damaged during the transport. Uttam also does not provide labour service for unloading the stuff, whereas it is the duty of packers and movers, who pack, transport and unpack your luggage. Otherwise what is the difference between packers & movers and transporters? Uttam loads the luggage with anything that he wants. When questioned about it, he said that this is the way he does it. He also told me to unload my luggage at my cost, otherwise he will throw my luggage wherever he wants, and I shall never get it. He bragged that no police complaint can harm him as he is much above the law. It is these kind of people who run away first when cornered by the law. Uttam is an extremely filthy mouthed, cheat, abusive and swindler fellow. I am set for a legal action against him.

This are the details of this so called 'ISO certified' Om Packers:
    Regd Office : Anmol Apt, Plot No. 15, Shop No. 4, Sector -7, Near D'Mart, Opp ST.Marry's School Koparkhairane, Maharashtra, Navi Mumbai, 400 709 - India
    Tel No : +[protected] +[protected] +[protected] +[protected] +[protected]
    Website: www.ompackers.com. www.ompackersandmovers.com www.ompackersandmovers.net www.ompackersindia.in
    [email protected]

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUDSTER UTTAM KAUTHEKAR & OM PACKERS, NAVI MUMBAI, OTHERWISE YOU WILL REGRET.

• Rc
    rcal Dec 19, 2012

I wish to complain about Om Packers & Movers, Kopar Khairane, Navi Mumbai, which is run by Uttam Kauthekar. This is a fraud and cheat service. It claims to be ISO 9001 certified, a claim which itself appears as a big lie, because the way they provide service, including packing and transportation, is extremely lopshoddy. Uttam always charges complete amount in advance, while saying that if you do not pay in advance, then you will have to pay after getting your stuff loaded, a sort of blackmailing tactic. After the packing, Uttam keeps the stuff at his warehouse and loads it only when he gets some truck in minimum charge: basically he tries to squeeze as much margin as possible. My stuff kept lying at his warehouse for two weeks, even when he had promised that he will load it on the first day itself. Many times, during the loading some stuff is damaged as most often, the truck in which he loads the household stuff is carrying some industrial good as well, or the material is not load properly and is damaged during the transport. Uttam also does not provide labour service for unloading the stuff, whereas it is the duty of packers and movers, who pack, transport and unpack your luggage. Otherwise what is the difference between packers & movers and transporters? Uttam loads the luggage with anything that he wants. When questioned about it, he said that this is the way he does it. He also told me to unload my luggage at my cost, otherwise he will throw my luggage wherever he wants, and I shall never get it. He bragged that no police complaint can harm him as he is much above the law. It is these kind of people who run away first when cornered by the law. Uttam is an extremely filthy mouthed, cheat, abusive and swindler fellow. I am set for a legal action against him.

This are the details of this so called 'ISO certified' Om Packers:
    Tel No : +[protected] +[protected] +[protected] +[protected] +[protected]
    [email protected]

andrew macgill Oct 07, 2014

OM P&M delivers frustration, broken goods & broken promises to your doorstep. And all this at exorbitantly high prices. Their services include thuggery, high phone bills (on account of repeated reminders & requests for service), insurance charges without providing any insurance, mishandling of goods, loss of goods, & every sort of thing that a good M & P should not do. If in a state of drunkenness you do use their services, make sure to pay them only after the process of moving is totally complete. For Uttam will do a Ghajini on you after he gets the money and you will only be left with humour to drown your sorrows.

• Al
    Alka Mukhalesh singh Aug 15, 2016

I booked 11 Aug 16 for 14 Aug 16.. they took advance and not responding properly..they cheated us... it is mentally harassment...I hate this ...govt should close such ghatiya company...we are waiting since morning...but they have no manpower... first they told we are coming at 11 am ...then 12 am... then 2.. then 4...I don't know what is this...