NorthStar Alarm Servicesdishonest sales practice

B

This company is a fraud. The salesman used a bait and switch teqnique to get us locked into a 5 yr contract. He used the term "agreement"as a trick. He said we were specially selected to advertise for his company, in return we would recieve a free alarm system and get employee pricing on monitoring service for up to 60 months. All we had to agree to was to make sure their sign was visible at all times and call them right away if it went missing. We also were not to tell our neighbors of this deal. So my wife and I agreed to to what he said verbally. We agreed to pay Northstar 83.99 for the first 3 months, then 50.99 a month after that. Never did he mention a 5 yr contract, and never told us about the 3 day cancellation rule. In fact that part of our contract was left blank. We just signed and initialed where he pointed to. We used the alarm after that a couple of days. We found out that the alarm was malfunctioning, so i contacted NorthStar. A day later they called me back and thats when I was told of the 5yr contract. I couldn't believe it. I was told to cancel I would have to mail or fax a letter to their cancellation dept. Which i was of course denied. So am still calling them contantly paying for an alarm I can't even use. So, If a Saleman named CHAZ LYONS comes knocken' on you're door. Remember, LYONS is Lyin', and slam the door in his face. NorthStar is not worthy of handling my security! How can I trust a company, when there employees are not honest and straightforward!

• Ok
    OKCneighbor Jul 09, 2010

Yes they just came thru my neighborhood, and claim there was no business card, but had an ID tag, and that there would be someone picking him up. It was 9pm at night he was on foot. Then I asked how long was the contract, and claims there is no "Term". I asked to read the back of all the contracts he had, it stated nothing but fees after 30days and for what. Then the system is suppose to be only motion? I can install that on my own and the door alarm. I Questions everything and there was no answer for him. Claimed at 930 pm they would show up and install equipment? Yes right, not legal in most states to work after dark or should I referr to as Robbery .

• Do
    does any display work Aug 12, 2010

NORTH STAR ALARM IS HORRIBLE DO NOT CHOOSE THEM, THEY WILL LIE TO YOU ANYWAY THEY CAN TO WRAP YOU UP IN THEIR 5 YEAR + CONTRACT, THEY HAVE A "C" RATING WITH THE BBB, READ ALL THE COMMENTS ABOUT NORTHSTAR ALARM!!! I AM PAYING FOR AN ALARM SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT WORK AND STUCK IN A CONTRACT FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS - WILL HAVE SPENT $3000 WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE.

MY GOAL IS TO POST THIS ON EVERY MESSAGE BOARD I CAN FOR EVERY DAY THAT I AM IN THIS CONTRACT HOPEFULLY 4 YEARS WORTH OF COMMENTS WILL SAVE SOMEONE FROM USING THIS SERVICE. HOPE THIS CATCHES SOME GOOGLE TAGS: NORTHSTAR ALARM FRAUD NORTHSTAR ALARM LIE NORTHSTAR ALARM BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE (SPENT 40 MINUTES ON THE PHONE WAITING FOR A REP TO TELL ME HE COULDN'T HELP ME) NORTHSTAR ALARM LIARS NORTHSTAR ALARM SCAM

• Sh
    Shelby2737 Jul 24, 2011

This happened to me as well! This is such a scam. This fraudulent company trapped us in a contract as well. They are deceitful liars! There has to be a way out of this! Stay away from this company.