NimhansInaccurate Manufacturer medicine selling and denying for giving proper Manufacturer medicines

M

Hi,
I have visited the Janatha Bazaar Drug Counter 2, NIMHANS Premises, Hosur Road, Bangalore [CST: [protected], DL. KA/BNG/V/20-21/207, VAT-TIN: [protected]] on 06/03/2016, to buy the NIMHANS prescribed drugs.

On the prescription the drug name written is “T. QUETIAPINE 100 mg”. But the drug name which the medical shop person given was something like “QUSAR 100 mg”, a pink colour tablet. I told the medical shop person, we every time gets a yellow colour QUTIPIN 100 mg tablet, from all over our past, from the same medicine shop. Changing the manufacturer of the tablet, has not worked in the past and doctor has insisted for the same manufacturer medicine only. Please give the alternate manufacturer (required) tablet.

He (medical shop person) shouted so much on me saying, to whom you are saying that giving a wrong medicine? For this prescription, this medicine is fine. I asked to give the proper manufacturer medicine. He told to remove my hands from the medicine chamber and told no exchange will be given.
With lot of arguments with the medical shop person, he replaced finally my medicine of proper manufacturer. I told him to stay with proper language, as he told me ‘baddimaga’ (kannada language).

The purpose of medical shop person was to sell a alternate make medicine so that he can get more range of the profit. Even keeping the proper make medicine, he was not ready to Exchange the medicine, even it is not brought out of the medical store. The language of medical shop person was very bad and the way of talking with customers was not good.

This intention of selling the alternate manufacturer medicine on cost of profit margin is really very bad. In most of the cases, medicine with not appropriate manufacturer, as instructed by doctor, will not function properly and give appropriate reliefs. So, all the patients will not have much attentiveness on all this fact and an alternate brand of medicine will impact their health.

• Pa
    Pavan Kumar Chappidi Sep 10, 2018

Hi Sir,

I have got done my MRI SPINE at NIMHANS on August 31st. Till today I did not get my reports. Doctor has told mine is an urgent case. Whenever I called the Neuro reports department they are telling server down and not able to get reports.

MY UHID is [protected]. Could you please look in to this issue.