National Sales GroupTotal Scam!!!

B

This company advertises top B2B sales positionls on websites such as Monster.com. I was one of the suckers that actually called them only to find out that they are posing as a recruiter. They say that they represent thousands of employers with thousands of jobs available. I agreed to let them charge my credit card $37 so I could view these jobs. It only get worse from there! I recieved my credit card statement and they charged me a total of $97 which was never authorized. This company does not offer any service that you need. My father is an Indiana State Senator and I will be using all of his connections to get this SCAM shut down.

can'tscamme Oct 29, 2010

So I get a message from "Dan" this morning on my phone about a possible position for pharmaceutical sales. This message sounded like a recorded message disguised as a personal call. I call him back and talk to David ext 480. After telling him I have ZERO sales experience he wants to charge me $29 to process my paperwork to get me "connected" with companies. He then asks for my credit card info. IMMEDIATE red flag. I then inform him I worked as a technical recruiter for a few months and we only charged the hiring company upon finding their qualified candidate so I didn't understand the $29 fee. He was silent for a few seconds then started blabbing about how they can't do anything till the "pre-screening" is completed, which is part of the 29. I then ask for the name of the company he is working for and tell him I'm cautious because there are a bunch of companies taking advantage of the unemployed right now. Once again, SILENCE. I told him I would call back after I did some research and I found this page. What a joke.

• Re
    REBECCA VEGANLOVE Oct 29, 2010

I WORKED FOR NSG FOR 6 HOURS. IT IS A TOTAL SCAM. THERE ADDRESS IS 114 E. HALEY ST. SUITE B, SANTA BARBARA, CA. 93105. THE DIRECT OFFICE NUMBER IS [protected]. REPORT THEM TO AS MANY PLACES AS POSSIBLE. I COULD NOT WORK FOR THEM AND SCAM PPL SO I QUIT. SHADY SHADY COMPANY WITH SHADY SHADY EMPLOYEES :(

calirep Oct 26, 2010

Thank you everyone for making me aware of this false company. I also received a voicemail from "Dan" and when I called back I spoke with "Mya". She asked me about my experience in business and said I was a good fit. At first I totally fell for it and would have given her my credit card information but I was in the middle of a meeting and needed to call her back. She then changed her tone and got very aggressive in demanding that I give her my information immediately. I then knew it was a scam and wanted to research this company. It is very frustrating that these companies exist...

• Ho
    Houstonian Oct 26, 2010

I just rec'd a voicemail from "Dan" also. I called and got the hold music, and then started googling, quickly landing on this site. So I hung up and went no further. Likely a scam. This is the 5th or 6th time a scam artist has pulled my resume from CareerBuilder or Monster and contacted me. It's very frustrating as a job seeker to have to weed through this crap.

• Ht
    H-Town Sales Oct 24, 2010

The woman who called me was so fast and slick, I couldn't understand how easy it was to discover there are bunches of pharmaceutical sales jobs through NSG, when I hadn't seen very many openings posted in all the usual places. She zipped right into asking me which credit card I wanted to use to pay the intial "fee" of $29. Whaaaaat?? Me pay you? For what!Thankfully I remembered the caveat about giving out a card number over the telephone to someone you don't even know.

"For what kind of employment course guide? Can I be reimbursed or get my fee refunded? Are you guaranteeing an interview for me within two weeks!?? Who is this, that I'm giving out my credit card number to??"

Folks, those are the questions I came up with when I sensed a speedy Red Flag. At least "Elizabeth" at NSG told me, "You seem a bit hesitant, and this interview is taking too long, and I have other calls to answer." (I wonder how long it'll take her to stay at her job, once her self-guilt kicks in! One day she'll be on "20/20", talking about this rip-off of unlucky people.)

Besides all of this, I looked at NSG's website and saw NO NAMES on the "Contact Us" page. The CEO is the author of a guide the company uses -- and his name is not even revealed??! And top management has "40 years" of experience in this profession. This is an unusually short amount of time when you're talking about three or four or five management types. RED FLAGS, Everybody! Report these thieves! Shame on CareeerBuilder and Monster for not doing a better screening job themselves!

Good Luck and Beware, to all my fellow unemployed Americans out there! The employment picture WILL get better!

10/1/2010, october 1, 2010

NSG, NATIONAL SALES GROUP, IN MY OWN OPINION, IS A RIP OFF, A FRAUD, A SCAM, ILLEGITIMATE, UNETHICAL, FILTHY LIARS, THIEFS, IN MY OWN OPINION. PLEASE READ ON.

*******legally, and by the way, i can legally state ANY opinion, but i can NOT make an overreaching, generalized statement about a person or company. legally, anyone can say, write, publish, tweet, post and and print their own personal opinions and experiences.****** PLEASE READ ON.

contacted by DAN, of national sales group, NSG, who left a message, on october 1, 2010, 10/1/2010, i was asked to call HIM, dan, back, regarding a sales application i "allegedly" submitted on i suppose careerbuilder.com or monster.com, the ONLY 2 search engines i use.

why do i know this?

because after applying all the large, medium sized and small companies for many years, and never getting a response, i have not applied to any pharma or pharmaceutical or medical device companies in over 2/two years.

i can and have easily used google, and i have applied to maybe 10 different pharma companies in the past via direct web sites or monster or careerbuilder, and/or directly, but i have never received interest or a response from them or an interview. not one, never. i am over 30, a college graduate, and have a 4 year degree from a legitimate, brick and mortar university, which is nationally accredited, and is in the college and university pull down menu in all of the companies i have applied to on their web sites.

my major was in the school of business and public administration department, NOT in biology, not chemistry, nor in life sciences. biology or chemistry are 99% a requirement for pharma jobs, i have noticed. also, i have NO prior pharma or medical device sales experience. i do have exclusively outside sales experience.

my opinion, and observations, in seeing medical device reps and pharma reps when i have been in any of my doctor's office waiting rooms, in my whole life, is they only hire very, very young, good looking boys and girls UNDER 25 years old, period. which also would be recent college grads who could easily be male or female models. i am not ugly or fat. i am just not 25 and i am not a male model.

source: my eyes.

i see this when i notice them in parking lots with their rolling briefcases, samples in their hands, or in the building down stairs lobbys, or in the elevators with their name tags on. i have seen this my whole life. i have seen this when i notice them speaking to the office staff in doctor's offices and actually when they meet with doctors in the hallways of the doctor's offices.

anyway, i called DAN of national sales group, NSG, back 10/1/2101, october 1, 2010, and DAN is NOT available. stephanie, of national sales group, NSG, says, who answers the phone after a 5/five minute wait on hold, DAN is just an someone who calls people, and is not available, and she does not have any information why DAN called me.

then, i asked specific, detailed questions.

fact: stephanie of national sales group, NSG, told me there was no SPECIFIC position, but that i would have to pay a $29.00 web hosting fee. also, i would have to pay for my own background check. i asked her if this was just a "drift net" to call prospects, or if they had a specific job match in mind.

stephanie did NOT answer my questions directly, and said she did not know, as DAN called me. it was if DAN worked on the moon or something. but stephanie was very, very friendly, by the way. let me repeat, stephanie was very nice on the phone.

i did NOT ask about any other national sales group, NSG, fees, be they monthly, or ala carte, in the present or future, as i was suspicious.

i did NOT ask if there were other fees to "work" with their placement employees, recruiters, etc., as i was suspicious.

so, here it goes. national sales group, NSG, in my own opinion, is a scam, a fraud, a rip off, a cheat.

i have applied and worked for fortune 500 companies, and have never been asked to pay for my own background check. i have never achieved employment due to my paying for a recruiter asking me to pay for my resume to be posted on line, web hosted or using web hosting. ummmmm. email seems to work just fine in my experience.

so, again, fact, i did NOT recently apply for a pharma job, and national sales group, NSG, is just fishing for suckers to rip off money from, in my own opinion.

THERE WAS NEVER A JOB. JUST A REQUEST FOR WEB HOSTING FEE. I NEVER APPLIED FOR A PHARMA JOB, AND THEY STATED I DID. THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS AND FRAUDS AND SCAMMERS AND DIRTY FILTHY [censor], IN MY OPINION.

i live in los angeles, ca.

if there are typos, i apologize, as i tried to check for them, and do not feel like spending hours reviewing this document.

date this personal experience and my personal opinions was written is 10/4/2010, october 4, 2010

• Su
    SunnyTude24 Oct 06, 2010

I too was told that I would be charged only $38, and told the customer service representative that I was not interested in the $59 sales book...Just checked my bank account and was charged the $97, despite clearly informing NSC I did not want or need the book. Live and learn!

Cheese1951 Sep 23, 2010

I had a solicitation from this company and the person calling (??) left their name and number. I called back and that person doesn't work there, it is just a key to their screening process. That they admitted. He said that the companies that they work for require a pre-screening process before they submit names for recruiting. Pulled my info off of Monster or Career Builder. I told him that I wasn't not paying them $29, without a review of their contract (I pulled this website up, while talking to this person - thank you). He said he will give it to me in writing, but I first had to give them the $29 right now to cover shipping and handling of the prescreening package. What company doesn't have the capability of sending it email or having it on their website to download from??? This sounded like a total scam and I think Complaintsboard.com once again. Keep up the good work people.

• Ra
    RaginCajun09 Sep 20, 2010

Complete Scam!!! Will not refund your money, can not provide documentation for an ungoing debit charges that the cclaim you authorized.When you press them for answers you will be refered to a woman named Eva who will read off a script on repeat until they furstrate you into hanging up. Apparently she is the end all and be all of the compnay- yeah right!

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!! They are taking advatage of hard working citizens in American and are totally unwilling to see reason. I've reported them as fraud to be my bank and the better bussiness bureau, I suggest you do the same!

• Ar
    ARLO mCDERMOTT Aug 23, 2010

I just got of the phone with a man calling himself Mark before a call for a pharmacuetical sales position and was told I am the perfect canidate and my sales experience was exactly what there so called clients, Smith Klien, and eli Lilly amonst 1000's of others all he needed was $ 29.00 to process my fee or whatever to start my interviewing. He was a smooth talker and if I couldn't find my card and how desparate I am for a job right now, I probably would have given it to them, then I relized I have used countless temp. agencies and other ways of finding jobs, they make money of of you by being the middle man and certainly don't ever ask for money if they do it is BULL [censor] and never give them a cent. If they were legit middle men they make a fortune off of you to send you out on a job billing the company $20.00 per hour and paying you 12-14 and that is probably a good case. ANYTHING TO TAKE THEM DOWN I AM SO FING TIERED OF INTERNET SCAMS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED AND HAS BEEN BURT BY THE I AM THINKING, CLASS ACTION SUIT AND COMEPLETLY BANKRUPT THEM.

• Ci
    Cindy/Idaho Falls, ID Aug 20, 2010

They contacted me for a pharmaceutical sales position. I returned the call and asked specifically what the position was... then I got the sales lingo. Only $29 etc... I did not give them my credit card number, but I gave them my email address I use for junk purposes such as this.

Cindy/Idaho Falls, ID

• Gm
    gm0168 Aug 09, 2010

These people do absolutely nothing for you! They claim to have all of these job listings that will be sent to you after you give them the $29.00 up front, then fill out everything online. I have seen nothing but the same 4 job listings for my area since June 25, and today is August 9! None of the 4 are even in my job category that I filled out in the beginning of the process. Watch out when you log onto the website too, they will say that when you log on, you agreed to the ongoing $13.71 per month they will charge you unless you call them to cancel. It's a total scam...DON"T FALL FOR IT!!!

CHoy Aug 05, 2010

Be sure when you cancel your account you DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!! I just found out that they were still charging my account a year and a half after I cancelled the service (which was three months after I had opened the account and they did NOTHING), and they said that they had no record of me doing so. After a fairly heated argument, they agreed to refund me for the last 6 months, but only after I threatened to call a lawyer.

Side note: Make it a point to check your credit card statements thoroughly to catch things like this...

• La
    lahmacun Aug 04, 2010

Wwooww what a scam... they called me today too. The guy named Bob called from [protected] and left a message telling me to call [protected]. I spoke to Tery H.
    She said they work with hundreds of companies, most of them Fortune 500... and continued saying I would be getting my frist call within 2weeks. She wanted to know if I couldnt start in 2-3weeks time. She also said they don't want to work with commission only jobs, salaries start from $60K and and person like me should make $75K+ easily. :)))
    It was suspicious. First the guy Bob's message was not personal, he didn't use my name, Terry didn't know me at all. she didn't have my resume. But once I tiold her that I was in finance field she gave me all those banks and financial instituons names and asked to see if I would want to work for one of those.
    She made me spell my name, address, email... And of course she asked my CC#. she was going to charge $29. I told her that I would search the company first before giving my CC. So here I am typing this...

• We
    Wendell Thoene Aug 02, 2010

Telemarketed me after obtaining my name off of Career Builder web site. Claimed that for the price of a pizza they would get me a six figure position. I approved a $ 38.90 charge to my credit card that tuned into a $97 charge that was not authorized.
    I called their customer support line after complaining to my bank and stopping payment against my card and they said that they would refund my money, the stop transaction occured within 72 hours of their "signing me up."

anonsdfdsfsalj Jul 30, 2010

This company is indeed a total scam. Their web site is a joke - there in nothing inside except a couple of jobs ported over from Craigslist. I know people who worked there briefly before quitting in disgust because it is such a BS scam outfit. They out to be arrested for fraud.

• Do
    donmiller Jul 14, 2010

I also received a call from National Sales Group. The recruiter stated that they represent several very large pharmaceutical companies and the cost to process my application would cost me $29.00. When I questioned this practice the phone went silent and he hung up. I would not have paid this, but I'm glad I made the right decision.

• Ce
    Celia A Jul 05, 2010

I looked up the companies fake address it is a UPS store in Santa Barbara, CA. This is a good way to check in the future if a company is a fake or the real deal! Just a tip for my fellow job hunters!!

• Mi
    Mike29 Jun 24, 2010

I sent my resume to NSG trough careerbuilder.com and got a call back from them. They left a message and, as an unemployed person would do, I called back. The guy on the other end asked me a couple of questions, my zip code and email address. Then he asked me if I can cover the $29.99 fee for a background check, that is when I became suspicious, every company that is hiring will cover for any kind of background check of any potential employee. When I told him that he confused me when he asked me for a cc I mention that companies cover those fees he got mad and, in rude tone, asked me if I can cover the fee or not, I answered that I was not able. After this this person said that he was going to set me up with a free account and that I should be grateful...SURE. Do not let these people fool you. Be careful about many postings on careerbuilder.com and monster.com and all these websites, yes there are many legitimate postings but also many scams. ALL BE CAREFUL.

• Vo
    volatile07 May 25, 2010

It is a scam. I called them and the rep started fussing at me because I could not pay him 29.00 so I hung up on him. "Whats the difference if you pay 29.00? today or tommorow or the next?" No job is going to make you pay them. They pay you hence job.

cort May 17, 2010

I just called monster.com because I almost got scammed myself from NSG. and after seeing this page I called moster.com, this was thier response. They can't stop them from doing what they are doing nor can they remove them from t he website, he said and I quote, "DON'T BE GULLABLE AND GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER" that was alot of help. so dont waste your time calling them, they are no help. I guess...BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Kj
    kjc1970 May 06, 2010

I too just contacted them from a site I saw on AOL Career Builder for a job in Indiana. They where more interest in getting my credit card info than anything. And when I asked them to send more some more information on their company through a email all he could saw was he would as soon as I paid the $29 fee. I told them I am a business professional and I understand exactly how scams work and I was not interested and was sorry I wasted my time calling. Something needs to be done with these people.

corm Apr 16, 2010

I agree with all that has been said about this company. These guys should be shut down. Their tactics are so sneaky. I thought that kind of stuff could not happen to me because of my knowledge of it, but was I wrong. They make you think that you are paying just a small charge, for a huge and wonderful thing. Then they do not do anything and just let that first month go by, and then charge you by the month. Also what is with career builder, why do thay let all these scam companies place ads with them.

• Ag
    AGGGG Apr 13, 2010

Yep, I experienced the same thing. I saw a posting from CareerBuilder, saw that there was a phone # and figured that I'd give it a shot considering I've had a tough time and I'm about to graduate from college.

So I call and this lady starts talkin to me, seems nice and all that but I was already confused about it b/c the description was vague and there is no physical location, so I was already suspicious but I played along. Then I ask her to tell me more about what they do and how it would benefit me. Finally, I started to understand what they were about and continued to play along.

She says that she's going to mail me some documents that'll be used as a pre-screening and that I should start to get phone interviews within 2-4 weeks. Then she said if I move on to the next step, the 3rd/4th interviews would be on site with the specific company.

Then she says I have to pay $29 and that's when I knew that it was a crock and it was bullcrap. The lady tried to act rude but I wouldn't have any of it. I'm only a college student but ###, I wasn't born yesterday either. I know these types of things happen and there are crooks out there.

So I made sure not to give any credit card information, even though I gave my name and email address, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm just glad I was smart enough to realize it.

• Su
    sunny1721 Apr 12, 2010

I also was scammed by these "people" and I use that term lightly. Yes I was dumb enough to give them my Credit card number for what I thought was a reputable company. How dare they use us who are unemployed and are truly looking for work. Thank God, I had the intuition to Google- NATIONAL SALES GROUP, and find that they are scammers. I then called my bank and had my credit card cancelled. They had already charged me $38.90 to my card. DO the people who scam us sleep at night? I hope they get run out of business and go find a real job, like the rest of us!!

• Sl
    slf0678 Apr 02, 2010

This company is still posting jobs on Career Builder and other job boards posing as recruiters for the Pharma industry. I, unfortunately did not research them before agreeing to the $37.90 that they say they charge for there services. I checked my bank statements a couple days after my phone conversation with them and they also charged my CC $97.90. I have disputed the charge and did get my money back from my CC company but just as an FYI to anyone out there looking into using this company...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT! IT IS A SCAM AND A VERY CRAPPY THING TO DO TO THOSE UNEMPLOYED IN THIS MARKET TODAY!

• C3
    C3C3C3 Jan 21, 2010

I did it too...and I usually go to google and type in company xyz good/bad and there it is so man I feel stupid...I just called my bank and had the card I used deactivated and a new one sent to me so they can't charge anymore anyone esle do this?
    next I'll call them and cancel...

Cali-Karen Nov 02, 2009

If you've been scammed by NSC/National Sales Group, report them to the FTC at this web site - The FTC is cracking down on scammers through "Operation Short Change"

Maaxum Oct 04, 2009

So, as a group, whom do we contact to inflict the greatest pressure upon these individuals involved to stop this activity and to have legal action begin?

• Di
    direwolf Sep 26, 2009

Thanks to what im reading on this page. i won't be letting them get my card number. its just sad that these people give us unemployed false hopes in finding a good job at last just to get taken for some crazy fee that they hope we dont check . thanks for all the comments it saved me a headache.

• Jp
    jp70 Sep 24, 2009

these guys are some bad, pushy salesman just after your money. Easy to figure out sounds they are in a rush to catch a train. I asked them that I will not give any money unless I research and the guy told me that research them on the internet while he was on the phone. He told me to type National Sales Group and as I typed their name National Sales Group Scam also popped up. Boy did I give him a peace of my mind. stay away from Careerbuilder.com they have many upon many job listings that are scams!!!

• Ha
    HATE THESE PEOPLE Sep 18, 2009

I GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD INFO AND WAS TOLD I WOULD BE CHARGED $38 DOLLARS AND WAS ACTUALLY CHARGED $97 DOLLARS WHEN I SAW MY STATEMENT ONLINE. INFURIATED, I WENT TO THE WEBSITE, PUT IN THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD I HAD RECIEVED BUT DID NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS!!! IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED ALREADY MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS ON THE WEBSITE AND CALL AND DEMAND A REFUND. I GOT THE $97 BACK SOLELY FOR THAT REASON!!!

• St
    stanjam Sep 15, 2009

I just talked to them after getting a job recommendation list from CareerBuilder.com. Luckily I have my Masters in Information Assurance, and am well informed as to the types of theft and fraud going on. They tried to charge me. I told them I do not ever pay ANYTHING over the phone, as there would be nothing stopping them from charging me whatever they want, whenever they want if I give them that information. They said they used to do it online, but had a problem with people using other people's cards, and they didn't do that (nor did I ask about online transactions). Then "Julie" tried to reassure me, telling me I would get a conformation email and the call was being recorded for my, and their safety (fat lot of good their recording would do ME!). I told them I would pay them nothing until I checked out their company online. She then gave me a "free" online account, and I could call her later for an upgrade.

Then I came here, glad I did!

• Vh
    V Hale Sep 14, 2009

I almost fell for this one too. Glad I saw your posts! Thanks guys

• Er
    EricBu Sep 10, 2009

Thank you to all who have posted here. I called them today & spoke to Amber. When she said there was a charge of $29, I told her that I could not pay until my paycheck cleared. After that I googled National Sales Group and found these complaints. As I am only working part time now, every dollar matters. Glad I didn't waste my money. You all helped me.

• Ba
    BarbaraSmotherCock Sep 08, 2009

Ok, first let me say this. I came across on the website of carreerbuilder.com Pharmaceutical Sales- no experience, just be motivated etc. I said let me give it a shot. I called in and talked to Freddy x.617. Being in the mortgage sales business now for over 3.5 years and being a master on the telephone I could tell that the kid was reading off a script. That was my first concern. 2ndly he was pushy to charge me $29. He told me that he could get me interviews within 2-4 weeks and then asked would I be able to leave my position in the next 30 days. What a sweet heart... getting me all excited. Thank goodness I realized he was reading off a script or else if I got on the phone with one of the those seasoned telemarkers I too would have been scammed.

Well real quick: I went to their website and before starting to register with them I said let me type in google "NationsalesGroup Reviews" all of sudden I got this website.
    WHOOPS!!! Sorry can't join them then.

MORAL OF STORY: no matter what you do or buy use google to type in the company name and then type in Reviews. Do some research!!!

• Cl
    claudiaR Sep 01, 2009

I agree, I had a bad feeling about this and against my better judgement, gave them my credit card information. I just called and asked them to void my account, which they said they would do, but I am terrified that they will continue charging me, or charge me more than the $38. I am an unemployed single Mom, and they could literally wipe out my account by doing this. In fact, I think I will call my bank right now!