Money MasteryUnauthorized charges

I got scamed they say 1.85 for 30days never took the 1.85 a week later a look on my account 59.00 was taken out . they will still from you and not give you your money.someone with any information.please email me [protected]@aol.com so other people wont get scamed.

Watkins Services Oct 05, 2009

Hello, I am a Representative from Watkins Services, I was also lead into this scam and charged this amount.

At this time, I see this.

Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT MONEYMASTERY8663117023 LEHI UT
    $49.84

I intend to seek full retribution for this transaction and I think we should all unit to end this scam and seek full retribution for our time and money.

This is us posting.
    There are about 3 ? people.
    There must be hundreds more who don't seek this information and do this research after we're victims of this scandalous scheme.

Input and ideas may be sent to the business email [email protected]

We need to end this nasty get rich quick scam that's plaguing the internet.

Money Mastery

Fraud Alert, so, spend 1.95 to make a lil side money ? Not the case at all.
    Here are some complaints and my story on being the victim of fraud.
    I spent 1.94 on this, and now I have a pending transaction I did not approve at all.
    I never even implied that I would spend more then 1.95 on anything to do with them.
    Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT MONEYMASTERY8663117023 LEHI UT Link to more information in a new browser window. $49.84

Money Mastery — Unauthorized Charge

Money Mastery — not refunded completely

[protected] money mastery telephone number

They are scam artists and they lie, this will be reported at 7 am when the bank opens.

Here are their associated pages.

Watkins Services Oct 05, 2009

We're also not permitted to just leave a comment on their page.
    I live on about $ 200 a month with my kids, This is terrible that we are taken for fools in this economy, these types of people never win.
    In the event I had digitally signed an agreement or had been informed this money was going to be taken from my account BEFORE I initiated any interaction, or if there was a larger more seen print somewhere before I initiated this 1.95 transaction I would have never hit enter.
    I don't want this program for nearly 50.00 If I did, that would mean I can't buy my kids a winter jacket.
    I can spare about 50 a month for my kids clothes, now if this is completed I cannot buy my son or daughter a Winter jacket and it's getting pretty cold here in Muskegon Michigan.
    I would never sacrifice this much money for something I don't know will generate money.
    Furthermore, my kids and I need to suffer if the money is not sent back.

• Ep
    eph6_warrior Oct 06, 2009

I WAS ALSO TOLD I WOULD BE CHARGED 1.95 AND THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF 49.99

• Mm
    mmmck Oct 06, 2009

Scam indeed. When you call customer service, they refer to the "fine print".

I called my bank and was instructed to wait until the pending charge posts, then call the bank's Dispute Department. I was told that my money would be back in my account within 24-48 hours.

I called Money Mastery's Customer Service Department and cancelled my membership to avoid further charges to my credit card.

Good luck to all of you who are having to deal with these ###.

• Be
    Ben Boss Oct 18, 2009

I Agree with those ccomplaints. I've been had, too. I sent in $1.95, 6 days another $59.84 was taken from my account and now a pending $29.71 more. I'm calling my bank first thing in the morning.

Jadas House Oct 20, 2009

I was also scammed by them. I was charged $1.95, $49.84 and then $29.71 and I never signed up with money mastery I signed up for work for Google for 1.95 never saw anything that had to do with money mastery. I have already filed a dispute with my bank today. And ordered a new card.

• Ms
    ms. COCOBUTTA Oct 21, 2009

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AUTHORIZED $1.95 AND 5 DAYS LATER CHARGED $59.60. NOTHING BUT A SCAM!!!

• Le
    Leslie Dalton Oct 22, 2009

This company debited my checking account for $1.95 on 10/15/90, $59.84 on 10/19/09 and $59.84 again on 10/22/09. I have already contacted my bank about these unauthorized charges and intend to sign an affidavit denying these charges. I suggest that anyone who has had this happen with Money Mastery do the same and, if necessary, cancel your debit/credit card and obtain a new one. As a last resort, if I find any charges against my account in the future then I may even close my account and open a new one. This is fraudulent.

• Cl
    Clay Thompson Oct 23, 2009

I did some looking and the parent company Mars Hill Media LLC has received several complaints through the Better Business Bureau. The company is so rotten that they don't even own their own complaint line they have it shipped out to a 3rd Party, so if you do call them the people aren't even employed by this company. However you can get your last months money back if you call the number and wait on hold. The number to complain to is [protected]. But man what a racket this company is only cruel people would prey on consumers during a recession.

Watkins Services Oct 25, 2009

Good word my friend, I was refunded 100%.
    This is what you must do.
    Don't worry about them reading you their disclaimer b.s in fine print 2 screens down from the top of the page, that's b.s and it should be posted at the top, either way your the consumer you get ALL your money back guaranteed.
    This is how, and why.
    This info copied from another place, but utilize the info's stated here.
    I just don't know if I can post other sites on this board if it will get screened and closed due to an outside link to another board so I don't post it, I just post the info's.
    Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you” or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days”.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report to everyplace online u know of.

Remember… Don't let them get you! The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck… Let us know how you do!

• Pe
    Pete XV Oct 31, 2009

The company, Money Mastery, tricks me (customers) to sign up for a trial $1.95 on 10/14/09 and obtains customer Credit Card info and then a few days later charges $ 24.95 as additional unauthorized charges. And the latest was $59.84 on 10/19/09. I called CHASE Bank complaint department - Lemont / 75th branch, Downers Grove, and I was told to call them myself ( what a service) giving me this nnumber: [protected].

Their phones are always busy and when you leave a message they state they will remove you from Billing but those unauthorized money is gone !! It seems you have authorized them for this additional whether you use their system or not !!

The company has cultivated a sophisticated fraud to dupe customers to part with $ 49.84 by just signing up and I can imagine the money they must be making from unsuspecting customers coming to thier site!

This is a alert and warning and the authorities must investigate and get refunds for the consumers from this company

chipsmayhem Nov 16, 2009

Charged me $1.95 for this google at home course. then charged me $49.95 to my credit card.. I never got any information and I cancelled this service. they cahrged me anyway. thieves..

• Mi
    michael5555555555 Nov 26, 2009

I got a charge of 2.05 and a charge of 64.98 Aus. The only reason I know it's attatched to google is that I have read the above coments. I didn't even give out my credit card details. I did get my facebook hacked but the only time I used my credit card online is with paypal.

• Ra
    RayBellanger Dec 14, 2009

Solution maybe: absolutely agree they did the same to me, in last week and I'm not working!! today I logged in and found customer service ph. [protected] and said they would charge back this big charge 59.84 US = 64.71 cdn in 3-5 days so may work will see in week ok give it a try