Miracle-EarTerribly RUDE

I made an appointment to get a hearing check with Miracle Ear last week. They called me today, a week before my appointment, and told me my appointment was today, and I had missed it. I told them I had it written down for next week. The guy said he "didn't want to make a big deal of it", and I wondered why it would be a big deal for them to make a mistake on my appointment day and time. I told him we would have to make another appointment, and he told me the re-appointment would be on Sept. 7th, realized that was a mistake, then told me it would be on August 31st, he thought that was a mistake, and finally he said August 31st would be my appointment day. He couldn't get the re-appointment straight, yet I'm supposed to feel guilty because I had an appointment according to THEIR records? He finally got that figured out and then asked me if I was married. I told him yes, and he told me my husband needed to come to the appointment because "these units are very expensive", ect. Insinuating that I would need "a husband" to qualify or afford Miracle Ear hearing aids. I told him I was insured and he asked if I had any idea how much hearing aids cost. I said yes, and we then got into a conversation about why a hearing aid at his "base cost" would be $995. I told him I know there are hearing aids offered for $500- $600, and although I know those might not be the top of the line, or anything I might want, my insurance only covered up to $600 a unit. Out of curiosity, I asked him why he thought hearing aids were so expensive (I am well aware hearing aids today are very expensive), considering you can buy a PC for under $995. He then told me he knew why. He said "Who do you think pays for the 2 hours of time we lost today?" and, "Those 2 hours are a loss of money"- meaning my alleged missed appointment. I then told him he didn't have to be a snotty [censored], and I wouldn't be doing business with Miracle Ear at all, and I hung up. If this is an example of how they treat potential clients, I wouldn't trust them to be an honest, thorough, or reliable source to buy hearing aids from.

• Co
    Consumer_Affairs Aug 30, 2011

Dear Bluesingingrl,

In response to your post, we regret that you felt your experience with our local Miracle-Ear® did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide the best experience and service possible.
    We would like the opportunity to work with you directly. Please contact our Miracle-Ear® Consumer Affairs department at our Toll-Free number: [protected].
    Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we may have caused you.

Yours truly,