Lane’s House of ShepherdsSold Me a 3yr. old GSD with severe arthritis, and hip dysplasia

Mr. Lane sold me a 3 yr. old German Shepherd Female. He assured me that she was in good health. I had her vet checked when I got home because her left hip didn’t look right. X-rays confirmed that she has severe arthritis, and hip dysplasia. She was also abused. She jumps at every little sound, and cowers. I emailed him right away, and asked for my money back, and I informed him (because of the abuse, and her medical issues) that I would keep the dog, as she needs to be on pain meds for the rest of her life. And that I would be a responsible dog owner, and attend to her needs, which he did not. He just locked her in a concrete kennel. I gave him 3 weeks to comply. He chose to ignore my communication.
He’s a liar, and is breeding only for money. Most of the photos on his website aren’t even his. I was at his house, and I saw his dogs. The dog photo that advertised the dog I purchased wasn’t even the same dog. He quickly said, well she’s lost some weight pacing in her kennel. To justify the difference in appearance. She’s a sweet dog, and I will keep her, and love her.

• Ka
    Karma Hamlet May 02, 2016

I disagree. German shepherds are known to have hip problems, Karma my GSD from Lanes house of shepherds had no dysplaysia. I read on AKC's site how to pick a breeder, the recommend asking of you can see the puppies and meet the parents. He complied and I met Karma before he came home (I had already sent my deposit) and his parents. When I saw Kobe he was ENORMOUS. Then I met Karma I was in love at first site. I started to pet Karma and he said normally we do not allow them to be pet since the had not had their 1st shots I stopped I didnt want to make the puppied sick (Karmy was with his litter mates). Bill wanted contact for at least the first year to make sure the puppies were adjusting well, and being loved from their new pet parents. I just lost my wonderful boy and am heartbroken, but it was due to cancer. I am grateful for the loving puppy that Bill Lane made for me.

Comments

• Va
    Valerie Richards Dec 06, 2015

I have been mislead as well. Bill Lane is a FRAUD and preys on people's emotions. He's nothing but a ghetto thug hussler that breeds GSDs for $$. Lazy ### mo-fo..

• Va
    Valerie Richards Dec 06, 2015

He's a liar and a fraud... He breeds GSDs only for $$$.

• De
    Delmar Jul 01, 2015

He sold one of the puppies with very bad hips . My dog is suffering.

• Mr
    Mrs. Gray Nov 17, 2011

I have to argue your point Zachary, an Honest breeder does let the public know there prices, and there is no wishy washy price changing behind close doors. You have a price and you stick to it.. its more reputable than not having prices and ranging from $600 to $2500 depending on what car people drive up in ! Knowing what to expect is PART of buying a dog. People need to be able to budget the price.

Poster- you might want to look how to stop the growth of arthritis threw nutrition. Just as they sell joint supplements for old people, they do for dogs also. The dog may not have been abused, some dogs act that way because of weak nerves, and are always shy no matter how much social experience they have had. Certainly the dog was being shy at his house ? If it was a confident adult at his house, then its you causing the dog to feel insecure in its new house. German Shepherd dogs can look dramatically different as they age, because they get lighter with age, and also females blow coat- which can make them look all sorts of ugly. I hope you love this dog as you say, and do right by her. Look up support Groups online that are GSD exclusive, you may get some helpful nutritional advice for your girl.