KatskitsPurchase of a maine coon kitten who has been sick since purchase

M Review updated:

I purchased my Maine Coon Kitten from Katskits, a Minnesota cattery. She was the nearest location to my home. I waited 18 months to bring home my kitten. I paid $900.00 for him. Upon picking him up I was told he had ring worm that was another name for athlete's foot. The breeder would not allow me to hold the kitten until after I signed two papers, a purchase agreement and a health agreement. It stated that the kitten to my knowledge was a well kitten. I was given a baggie of pills for the ringworm.
I took video's of a sampling of the cats living in the home. I looked at the kennel for the male cats. After inquiring how many cats lived in the house at the time, I was told "too many." My query of how many is too many brought an answer of 32.
Both of my other cats, an 18 year old tabby and a full breed Birman contracted ringworm from the kitten. I also contracted ringworm on my lymphatic arm and received treatment from my doctor at Allina Clinic in Anoka. ( This is very dangerous for a cancer survivor to experience.)
Most of the cats I visited with had runny eyes and matted fur. I suggested we have a 'dematting party.' I was told that the mats just fall off by themselves. All the cats were matted and most had runny eyes.
The owner of the cattery also ran a child-care. The home was large and prepared for child care. 'Kat' is a nice person but a bit secretive.
My kitten has been plagued with several diseases; serious ringworm on many different places on his body, fur loss that was concealed due to long fur and a runny nose with following cough.
At 7 months I took my kitten to my vet to be neutered and examined a second time. His teeth were badly infected, red and swollen. The ringworm was healed because I treated the kitten* and my other cats. My vet examined my kitten, did blood work and sent samples into a lab to check for internal ringworm. My kitten was prescribed antibiotics and a return visit. A second round of antibiotics was prescribed at a following visit. The cough and nasal drainage continues six weeks hence. On the 6th my kitten will have an xray to determine the condition of his lungs and head.
How do I proceed in order to report this incident, receive a purchase refund and follow the two recommendations from my well known and highly respected vet who himself has taught veterinarian medicine at the University of Minnesota.
After carefully talking with me Dr. Hedges suggested that I consider moving in the direction of contacting the breeder to receive a return on my payment and pursue the thought of doing what I could to 'stop the outgoing animals' from the cattery.

• Updated by Maripat Rawson · Mar 03, 2017

*I neglected to state that my kitten was neutered as planned. Upon arrival at my home it was obvious he had not been nutured; he was unable to lap water from a small bowl and plunged his face into the water rather than lapping. He was at home with using a toilet bowl for drinking. His social skills were undeveloped. His nails had been neglected. The kittens tail was partly furless, the result of ringworm. None of these symptoms was I able to estimate until I had him in my home and could experience them for myself. The kitten has no sense of smell and I need to put him at his bowl of food to help him eat. I will have his vision checked on his next visit on the 6th of March. I wish I could say that he is much better today however that is not true.
    I am attempting to be responsible.
    My veterinarian is: Dr Keith Hedges @ Brighton Veterinarian Hospital in New Brighton Minnesota, [protected] )

• In
    injectheroinintoDICKANDDIE May 23, 2019

Have a look at their website. Their "contract" is a joke. Maybe ask a lawyer to look at it. All I know is that ima be plastering this post on their [censored] just for fun. Thanks!

Maureen M. McElderry May 20, 2019

How do you find complaints OR reviews for Maine Coon Breeders?

Maureen M. McElderry May 20, 2019

Wow. Any complaints for YetiCoons? Where would I find reviews?