Jhanea MillerBeware - Backyard Breeder!

L

BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE

This woman is a backyard breeder. She breeds all sorts of animals for PROFIT with NO regard to breed standard, genetics, socializing the animals, and maintaining their health. Jhanea Miller has bred siamese cats, bengal cats, bichon frises, chihuahuas, collies, and, according to her website, is now going to breed maltese. She has had animals EUTHANIZED because they have not been successful at breeding, or they developed a problem that she cannot afford. She changes her "kennel name" frequently to keep people guessing, but if you do a search on yahoo, you will find all sorts of websites created by Jhanea Miller for her many different breeds of animals.

DO NOT BUY AN ANIMAL FROM THIS WOMAN... AND DO NOT SELL AN ANIMAL TO THIS WOMAN!!!

For Jhanea Miller's breeder information, you can go here: http://www.catterysearch.com/show_cattery.asp?ID=10437

RESOLVED

As the user does not respond to any messages - the content should not be taken in to consideration.

More Jhanea Miller Complaints & Reviews

• Su
    Sue Jun 10, 2009

I bought a puppy from this lady, and completely agree with the above poster. The home the pets live in is terrible. It reeks of animal urine. The yard is not safe for pets. After I left with the puppy I bought from this lady, she kept emailing me wanting me to send pictures. She would not lay off and kept demanding I send pictures and that she needed to see the puppy. I let her know that I bought a puppy from her and not a relationship with her for the lifetime of the puppy. Definitely watch out for this lady.

Cheri45 Jun 20, 2009

I too have heard of this lady. Her house was DISGUSTING when I went to visit a litter. I felt bad for the puppys but didnt want to end up with a lifetime of vet bills. Horrible conditions. WATCH out.

• Al
    ALmda Aug 04, 2009

I bought a male puppy from this woman a few years ago. I regret it now, after seeing this. The more I search, the more I find about how awful this woman is. She seems to have a learning disablility, and lives with her mother. She is well into her 30's. Not someone who should be creating lives, whether they are animals or not. Upon searching, this woman has multiple alaises. She is known as Jhanea Miller, Star Donelson, Brenda Donelson, Mechelle VanLinder, Nicole Donelson - just do a search! She also changes her kennel name often. She wrote "ROYALMISTYCREEK" on my dog's papers for his name so her "kennel name" would be on his papers, but now she is Moon Beam Collies. This woman is shady, and has no ethics for breeding animals. I would definitely steer clear of this woman, and do not buy from her!

• Il
    Ilsa Sep 01, 2009

Has asked me for grooming of her dogs. has she every been reported? Have the authorities been alerted?

tiffsfurkids12 Sep 11, 2009

I know her through yahoo group she doesnt seem off to me.I know she has 2 collies and 2 maltese i am sorry on how you all feel hope this can be resolved for the animals sake.I am a pet owner and wouldnt want my babies living in termoil

tiffsfurkids12 Sep 11, 2009

I am sorry that you all had bad experiances i know that i know her from a group i have never been to her house.I did get some clothes that i paid for and wasnt happy but i would never come out and do this to a person unless my animal i got from her was sick.If you have this bad of a complaint then it should be taken up with her

• Ki
    kitkat1101 Sep 11, 2009

I guess I don't know her that well and do not agree with everything she does
    but I only know her to have 2 Collies and 1 Maltese right now...She never
    breed her Bichon do to it had problems and that was the right thing to do...

Also to Sue I always tell the people that buy a puppy from me that they must
    keep in contact with me and send pictures every once in awhile...None of
    my buyers have had a problem with this at all and I still talk with them from
    over a year ago...I care about my pups and want to know they are doing good
    so a lot of breeds that care about there pups will ask for the buyer to update
    them on how they are doing and send pics from time to time...

randominternetposter Sep 11, 2009

I have seen this woman's dogs as well. They are filthy and nowhere near breed standard. Her house appears to be as dirty as people say it is with the pictures she posts. She posts this picture of her Maltese "Sophie" (I think) and then whines about how no one says how pretty she is...it is because she is absolutely disgusting. I have never seen a worse representation of a Maltese.

She MUST have some kind of mental issues because in the above post she tried to pretend she was someone else then in the very next sentence says "I always tell the people that by from me..."

Seriously messed up! Do these animals a favor Jhanea and STOP breeding these animals! Obviously people are not happy with your puppies or your services.

randominternetposter Sep 11, 2009

PS I hope the owner of your soon to be Maltese sees this before making the mistake of selling to you!

randominternetposter Sep 11, 2009

Oh look she has disabled her site. Guess she does not want people to know the truth. I bet Moonbeams Collies & Maltese disappears so that she can resurrect a new "kennel name" with equally inferior dogs.

• Do
    dogsrule Sep 11, 2009

Though I don't agree with some of JM's practices there comes a time to educate people not knock them down over and over again. I have known JM for years through yahoo groups and try my best to educate her with some of her endevors but with that also goes listening which is sometimes hard to take in the breeding world. JM doesn't have a very thick skin and lets everything in as bad dispite most is education to her. It took a lot to inform her that a past pup who was a carrier of a health issue to be spayed and in the end she had. She wants to do right, though needs to understand why there is education being given.

As for photos and relationships with puppy buyers. I too ask that families stay in touch. without staying in touch as a breeder I don't learn what may show up in the lines. It takes this relationship with the buyers to know if there was a resessive gene that popped out or that they have has a genetic issue. I have heard back from pups families for years now with their ups and down and the crying and laughing stories.

tiffsfurkids12 Sep 11, 2009

I am sorry the pets are in her control maybe someone will come and get them from her.They deserve better then this.Jhanea you wont admit it even if these people are right.But although i dont know you i will stick up for animals only they are my life and i love them deeply

uknow Sep 11, 2009

I can not beleive some of you first off my house is NOT nasty and the lady name Sue was never ever at my house we met her at a truck stop 3 years ago.. because she lived in a truck most of the time with the dogs. We do nothing but care for the dogs and puppies with live and vet bills.. we are not in it for the money at all most of the time we do not see the money it goes to taken care of the puppies and the mother... please leave this alone and stop making up storys that you heard from some one esle and I do not even know the main poster Larun and my yard is safty for my babies and I have never owned a shih tzu at all at one time we was going to buy one but never did and as of the chi we never got to breed her same with the Bichon they both are in good pet homes. I only own 2 big dogs which are AKC Collies and 2 AKC Maltese and 1 Cat we got from the pound... leave this subject alone and stop this child crap...

• Ap
    APPALLED SISTER Sep 12, 2009

As for the very rude and ugly comments made about my sister Jhanea, I am appalled at the remarks made by supposedly adult women. Jhanea does have a learning disability...educationally...not as a human being!!! You all should be totally ashamed of the remarks made on this page and repent to your maker for even putting down a fellow breeder and more importantly a human being with feelings, you are all very childish and until you really take the time to get to know her you should have your mouths washed out with soap!!! You remember that as a child when we cursed or spoke badly of someone???

Further more she has shut her websites down due to your awful comments about her.
    I guess it makes you feel good to put down Jhanea because she is an easy target because of her disability and I hope you are very proud of yourselves! Jhanea does not owe any explanations for why she has changed her kennel names often, but it is strictly because of people like you. She is a kind and loving person who loves and protects her own animals as well as stray animals, if it were left up to her she would open a safe haven for abused and neglected animals.

Appalled

• Li
    LILPAWS Sep 12, 2009

wanting to say I know this girl from yahoo groups for awhile.Yes she has had the collies whole time..She has gone on to purchase many different small breeds..I know she has never bred the chiahuha even though she did have plans too..She did not like how she turned out and placed her in a pet home.I know she has has a rott, bichone and was talk of the [censored]zu but nver did..She changes her mind oftem when it comes to what breed she wanted, if she wanted to breed this het or not.Seems like she trying to do right but just does not know what the right thing to do..Really feel she could use a mentor to guide her and teach her the things about breeding.I think her heart in the right place but she limited with money and resources..all that is needed to get good foundation dogs..I hope he the best.I can not vouche for condioin of her home as I never been there...Hope what been said is not true.

animallover57 Sep 13, 2009

I have talked to Jhanea few times and she is not a bad person. Yes, she needs guidance at times. She does indeed have some type of disability. As far as breeding goes, it is all her mother. So if anyone needs to be accused of being a bad breeder it is her. Jhanea loves her animals and will do anything for them. She constantly posts what the vet said or did when she took them. She obsesses over her dogs. Yes, she ying yangs over small breeds, but again, that is her mother. Her bichon had red mange.. something hereditary. They did the correct thing and decided not to breed her and put her in a home with people who knew how to handle such a thing. I've never been to her home, so maybe it is a mess... but that's not her fault.. she lives with her parents! No one should have ever put in "Jhanea Miller." If anyone on here had talked to her for more than 10 minutes, they would know none of this is in her control. You have all ruined her rep and made her feel extremely bad about herself and all should be ashamed.

uknow Sep 21, 2009

To Let every one know This is all Lies I do not have alot of diff Breeds I only have 2 Collies and 2 Maltese all are AKC Reg and all live indoors and only have 1 cat who is spayed also lives indoors I do not breed for money at all and the lady name Sue was never ever at my home we met her at a truck stop in 2006 when she got her puppy... and I do ask to see photos of my pups to see how they have grown if they look like their dad or mom or a little of both... I am a sweet person once you get to know me...

Lauren Sep 21, 2009

HER NEW SITE: http://moonbeamcollies.net

IF YOU GO TO HER SITE, THERE ARE PUPPIES DUE IN NOVEMBER!!

HER DOG JUST HAD PUPPIES, SO NOW SHE'S BACK BREEDING. THIS IS TERRIBLE!

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, CALL THE SHREVEPORT HUMANE SOCIETY!! THE NUMBER IS [protected] I'VE ALREADY CALLED AND REPORTED HER. IF EVERYONE HERE WILL DO THAT, MAYBE SOMETHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT THIS IDIOT. ENOUGH IS TRULY ENOUGH.

SHREVEPORT HUMANE SOCIETY: [protected]

THESE ANIMALS LIVE IN TERRIBLE CONDITIONS, AND HER POOR DOG IS BEING BRED BACK TO BACK. LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

SHREVEPORT HUMANE SOCIETY: [protected]

uknow Sep 21, 2009

OH PLEASE who are you Lauren as I do not know you.. and you have never been at my house ether or seen my dogs this breeding was not planned at all... leave me alone

AngryBreeder Sep 21, 2009

This breeding was planned. This woman has been planning this for months I thought I talked her out of it and now she is acting like it was an oops litter. Now, Jhanea's "oops litter" is from her saying she did not know that her dog (that was in her home, with her) was still in heat although she even admitted there was blood (it was just brownish). How does a person not notice her male dog (also in her home) is on top of her female? A male dog cries when a female is in heat and is very annoying about it!!! It is quite obvious.

uknow Sep 22, 2009

angrybreeder I know this is you Brittany... Like I said before she was over at my sister's house from the 8th till the 20th my sister said she was going out of heat so we got her... I had turn my back for like 2 mins and they was tied it was nothing I could do...

uknow Sep 22, 2009

I am NO Longer going to be Breeding any more so you all can stop talking about me.. Bye

Lauren Sep 26, 2009

You're no longer going to breed you say??

THEN SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!!

I'm waiting... until then... I will keep posting and telling anyone who will listen about you. If you post ads trying to sell animals, I'm going to post one right under it telling everyone about you. I don't care if it's newspaper ads, internet ads, whatever... I'll pay to stop you. You might be a "good person, " but you are a BAD BREEDER. You need to stop. Whenever I get word that you've spayed and neutered all of your pets, I'll be glad to stop.

Until then...

uknow Sep 26, 2009

Lauren Do I know you? and how do you even know what city I live in???

uknow Sep 26, 2009

LEAVE US ALONE WE WONT STOP BREEDING JUST BECAUSE MISS QUEEN WANTS US TO... IT'S OUR LIFE OUR DOGS WHO ARE OUR BABIES THEY LIVE IN THE HOUSE WITH US SLEEPS IN BED WITH ME GETS FED EVERY DAY AND WATER ALL THE TIME. ONLY TIME THEY GO OUT SIDE IS TO POTTY AND PLAY WE TREAT OUR DOGS THE WAY WE WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED IF WE WERE ANIMALS IF I COULD I WOULD BRING IN ALL STRAYS MY CAT I HAVE IS FROM A CAT SHEILTER WE GOT IN 2008. SO LEAVE US AND EVERY ONE ESLE WHO BREEDS ALONE AND GO STOP THE REAL BAD BREEDERS LIKE THE PUPPY MILLS

Lauren Sep 29, 2009

Here's her newest website: Her newest website...

Just want to make sure anyone searching for it will find it here and be able to read this.

Jerri Bennett Oct 06, 2009

This post will be long but i need to see if I have read these complaints right...

Sue- you clearly are just a troublemaker and need something to complain about because from what I read the only complaint you have is her house is not up to your standards. That is not a crime!! You never once had anything negative to say about the puppy you bought from her and I not having anything to do with breeding animals read that others ask for photos and updates on the pets that they have sold, so you my lady need to get a life.

Cheri45-what u wrote makes no sense at all. You too have HEARD of her and the main word here is HEARD but yet you went to her home to visit the litter... YEAH RIGHT!!

Almda-Before you read this post you had NO COMPLAINTS on the puppy that you bought from her years ago..HHMM but now YEARS later you feel the need to put your 2 cents in. I dont need to do a search.. The names you have listed; did you know that they are names of her immediate family?? I bet you didn't, and just because she has a learning disability and lives with her parents she should not be allowed to do anything she loves to do in life? And have you never changed your mind about anything before? In case you didnt know it is allowed.. You are right to steer clear of her she clearly doesnt need anyone like you anywhere in her life and MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU FOR JUDGING HER!! SHAME ON YOU !!

Randominternetposter- There has NOT BEEN ONE COMPLAINT ON ANY OF THE ANIMALS THAT WERE PURCHASED FORM HER!! You need to randomly go post on something you know something about!!

Lauren-you my dear are the IDIOT for claiming that she is an IDIOT. You know nothing about what is even going on.. What is there to report because I have not read anything about anyone complaining about any animal that was purchased from her and I know that she has been breeding for years so why dont you crawl back in your hole and find something else to report on...

Angrybreeder- Whether or not it is an oops litter or not. When Jhanea breeds her collies she donates one of the pups to be trained to be guide dogs for people that are blind, have seizures or any other kind of disablity. These animals that are trained and donated to these people that otherwise couldnt afford to have one cost around $10-12, 000. What do you do for others besides put them down...

To these people that I have named how can you get through your days knowing that you are misrepresenting someone that may not do things the way you think they need to be done? Do you not have any compassion for anyone that is not PERFECT? Seems to me that if any of you all have had an animal that was not the way you thought it needed to be to would just send it straight to hell... Yall should be the ones that are ashamed of yourself for putting her down and making her feel like she is doing something wrong. Jhanea makes a differance in some peoples lives!!! DO YOU???

Jhanea- DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE GET YOU DOWN!! THEY ARE THE ONES WITH THE PROBLEMS, NOT YOU. PUT YOUR WEBSITE BACK UP AND KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOUR DOING. THEY DONT HAVE COMPLAINTS AGAINST YOU, THEY ARE JUST COMPLAINERS THAT WILL FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

NeboNeighbor Oct 11, 2009

HAHA! I'm so glad I found this and that most everyone feels the same way I do. I am a neighbor of Jhanea's. We live in the same trailer park in Greenwood, LA. I am an animal lover, have small dogs that are pets, and I can't stand what happens just up the road from me. I can vouch that these animals live in completely terrible conditions, and that JHanea and her whole family have serious mental and physical issues. If you walk up to her trailer, and stand at the front door, you can smell the stench of animal urine. The trailer is run down, and the fence around the backyard is about to fall over. There is chicken wire around holes in the fence, and a small puppy could easily slip through. The dogs are not pretty either. I've seen dogs that were shaved down and looked like they had mange, and there was an old collie that looked to be in poor health, and another neighbor told me that the dog was going blind.

Every collie Jhanea owns is a so called service dog. She puts a vest on them and takes them with her. If these dogs are really service dogs, I would be very, very surprised! I have seen them bolt out of her front door and run freely around the trailer park. Jhanea is a very large, overweight woman, and I watched one of the dogs nearly pull her over when she had it on a leash trying to get it into her van. I don't believe that the dogs are service dogs, and they shouldn't be bred if they were.

I'm not sure how old Jhanea is, but I know that Jhanea is an older woman still living with her parents. They don't have much money, and the only reason she breeds the animals is for a quick buck.

I am going to be sure and tell my neighbors about this. I've heard many of them complain about the disabled collie woman. Hopefully they will come here and tell their stories.

uknow Oct 11, 2009

first off the service dogs are SEIZURE ALERT they alert me before I have a seizure and collies are good at that..

Jerri Bennett Oct 12, 2009

NeboNeighbor.. Are you kidding me right now laughing because anyone may have mental or physical issues??? Do you have parents or grandparents that have physical issues and are you laughing at them right now?? If your not I dont know why you wouldnt be.. What a WICKED waste of a person you are!!!

NeboNeighbor Oct 12, 2009

Ms. Bennett, I am not going to attack you, call you names, and judge you the way you have everyone else who has posted negatively. They are speaking the truth. I don't care if Jhanea is a good person, or kind person. Being a good or kind person doesn't make her a good breeder. Her animals are suffering. Do you care about that at all? Do you care that her animals live in filth and are in poor conditions? I am glad that you feel Jhanea is a good person. I feel that if she were a good person, she would stop breeding. I feel that if she were a good person, she'd get her animals spayed and neutered and be a responsible pet owner.

Ms. Bennett, you are entitled to your opinion, but I, and everyone else who has posted, are entitled to ours, also.

The majority of posters aren't saying good things about Jhanea, and however many times you defend her as a good person, it's not going to outweigh the majority.

Jerri Bennett Oct 12, 2009

I dont believe that I have attacked anyone on here.. U my dear are the one that is attacking people.. First off you were laughing that her parents are in poor health, that Jhanea has mental issues and that they are not well off. What does that have to do with anything??? I dont believe that it has anything to do with this...I have not said one bad thing to anyone on her except for calling Lauren an idiot because she called Jhanea an idiot and you for putting people down... Have you read on here one time about someone buying an animal from her and they being unhappy about it??? Because if you c it point it out to me...

• Il
    ilovecollies Oct 12, 2009

I received a link to this page in my email a day or two ago. At first I wasn't going to respond to
    it but I really think people should know what they are getting into before they purchase animals
    from this lady.
    I bought a puppy from Janea a few years ago. The conditions at her house were bad. It smelled
    really bad. The puppies seemed to be in good health and I got a good price so I bought my dog.
    My dog was diagnosed with moderate CEA. It's a genetic eye disorder in collies. Janea's animals
    are not up to breed standards. At first I wanted to contact Janea for my money back but there
    is no way I could ever give my dog back to her. From the way it sounds she would probably
    just turn her into another breeding dog and make money off of her regardless of her genetic
    disorder. My dog also has skin problems and slight hip displasia. I do love my girl and will never
    get rid of her. The only regret I really have is that I didn't see this and no one told me about
    janea before I got a dog from her.

Lauren Dec 10, 2009

I did a search on google, and she changed her webpage address, yet again.

It's now http://www.moonbeamcollies.org

What are some of the newspapers in Greenwood Louisiana? Does anyone know?

NeboNeighbor1 Jan 05, 2010

This sad excuse for a human being just added yet another dog to her "breeding program"!! I heard from another neighbor that she is going to sell her half maltese that she's been breeding?! I'm sure if she doesn't get the $500 she's asking for it, it'll be killed!! We did a background check on Jhanea and her mom, and they are both on SSI! I wonder if SSI know about her breeding program?! She's too disabled to work and lives off the government, yet she can make a killin' from breeding her dogs, and if they don't make her enough money, she kills them. This woman has no morals.

Jhanea Miller
    9113 Nebo Dr.
    Greenwood, LA [protected]

• Hu
    hughes210 Jan 05, 2010

Toll-Free Hotline for Reporting Puppy Mills Launched. If you've ever suspected a breeder of running a puppy mill, there's now a toll-free hotline you can call to report it: 1-877-MILL-TIP. The Humane Society of the United States, who launched the hotline on Friday, December 4, hopes it will help free more dogs from the abusive conditions at these illegal breeding facilities.

uknow Jan 05, 2010

NeboNabor1 I do not know where you getting your info from but I have never killed any dogs.. and for your info the maltese are pure bred with papers and never been bred... and they are both being sold back to their breeder... and for your info with the collies we breed once a year and we donate them to some one with seizures or in wheel chairs... and yes we added a new pup a collie girl who will help my mom out... and yes ssi know we breed collies to help others who need help... you are a nosie nabor and need to get a life... bye

• Ap
    appalledreader Jan 05, 2010

I am appalled how everyone is attacking a human being. IF AND ONLY IF you have facts, you DO NOT post and complain in public about the person. YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. IF HER ANIMALS ARE IN DANGER THEN YOU TURN THEM IN...IF NOT...leave her alone. Her household, how they keep their house, on disability DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Do you know that she can report all those that have told her personal information. That is uncalled for. How would you like someone checking on YOU and posting YOUR personal information all over the internet. YOU PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTING, NOSY BODIES, RUDE AND HATEFUL.

If you have facts and proof call the right people, quit posting it for others to call. If you don't have facts...THEN SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

• Ju
    justaperson Jan 11, 2010

She breeds because I believe she doesn't have much else to do. She breeds her dogs even if they have problems, such as mild CEA as her male collie does. And now she wants to get rid of her adult 3yr old female collie and breed her male collie's daughter to him. A father daughter breeding when she is such an amateur breeder/hooby breeder, whatever you want to call her. She is going to run into major problems when she does. Good luck selling them at that point. Better not tell people the parents are father and daughter. I am hoping she doesn't do this for the puppies sake.

And, if your reading this Jhaena, don't act like you weren't thrilled about the "oops" breeding you had, because I know you were. Luckily nothing came of it considering your female had trouble gaining her weight back from her previous litter she had only 6 months earlier. And now your getting rid of your maltese? Hm, how interesting. You talk about how every new dog you have/get is going to help you or a family member in some way shape or form. What about the rottweiler puppy you had? She was suppose to be a service dog too, or was she going to be bred? Either way you got rid of her as well. Oh and your cat by the way you are calling a bengal or bengal mix, get over yourself already. You have an ordinary every day tabby cat. Because it has stripes and spots do not make it a bengal or a bengal mix or whatever pure bred cat you are trying to pass it off as! Its just a cat. But go ahead, believe as you wish.

• Do
    doggiemommie Nov 03, 2010

she has intentionally bred a father who is a known carrier of hereditary eye disease and has produced hip dysplasia to his own daughter!! she brags about the pups but you don't have be an experienced breeder to see what poor examples of collies they are, not to mention that they are just downright sickly looking!! many knowledgeable breeders HAVE tried to mentor her but she won't listen. it would involve neutering an affected sire, something that would cut into her profit margin. she has ignored all advice, intentionally inbreeding with known hereditary disease. i feel sorry for these poor sick puppies she continues to produce but even sorrier for the poor people that will spend good money on them and then have their hearts and their wallets broken by a sick dog. buy from a QUALITY breeder and ask to see health clearances. something she says she has done but is lying about!!!