Janice Claire Ardolina or Claire Weissbachscam artist

U Review updated:

Janice Claire Ardolina, or Claire Weissbach, since she now goes by a new name, is a SCAM ARTIST. Do not trust this woman with your money. She creates websites claiming that she is a trustworthy and compassionate woman who will provide great services to you.

She has created websites claiming to be a "Distance Learning Holistic Health School" a "Nutritional Counseling Provider" and a "Cleaning Business For the past 20 Years."

She will make you write a check and sign a contract saying the money is non-refundable. Then she skips off with your money. She knows what she is doing and has already ripped off multiple consumers and even former employees.

DO not trust this woman. If you have been a victim please report to the Attorney General so they can stop Janice Claire Ardolina.

scam artist

Connie Bena Feb 23, 2021

Broadway Ragdolls is a wonderful breeder to work with! we just got a ragdoll kitten from there 3 months ago and he is the love of my life. Don't believe the BS you read on here from anonymous and fake names. I don't know who would want to lie about Claire, but I can tell you what they say is not true!

• Bi
    Bill W Jr Feb 07, 2021

My family and I have an exceptional Ragdoll Cat from Broadway Ragdolls. He is BEST cat ever from day one. Claire is amazing, integrity, honest, and compassionate. The beginning post sounds like a crazy cyber stalker. This IS a NY State licensed breeder and registered business in NY. Do you know that this mean the state comes to inspect her cattery on a regular basis and a veterinarian has to too? She also has awards for being a top notch breeder. And what kind of name is "Gotcha Again"? Maybe you are the "scam artist", her competitor, or just a plain crazy person that needs to be locked up!

• Mi
    Mike Dai Apr 11, 2020

We made the mistake of trusting Claire to sell our two Rag doll kittens, Larry and Heidi back in February. We thought we were getting a good deal on a couple older kittens she sold us for $3500 as opposed to her usual exorbitant fees we were dead wrong.

- TLDR
    Do not buy a cat from her. She breeds kittens like a factory, sells unhealthy cats, charges obscene adoption fees on the premise that her cats are higher quality, and has a very shady contract that skirts NY state pet dealer requirements. She will do anything in her power to discourage you from doing anything that might be in the best interest of the cat, but harmful to her financially. This has cost us thousands of dollars in vet bills, and we do not want to talk to her anymore, but and she still insists that she is doing us a favor by being so responsive, and that we got such a great deal on the cats since she would have usually charged $1400 more than her "sale" price of merely $3500. We will be seeking legal advise.

Full Story:

One of our kittens, Larry, ended up having a congenital neurological disease. Since we had gotten him, he had not been eating well and was lethargic. Claire told us that we did not need to rush to see the vet as it was probably just stress from moving. Fast forward a week and Larry has a seizure. The vet wanted to order blood work and bile tests and Claire insisted not to have him blood tested on the premise that it "sometimes if you go looking for trouble you might cause it" and that he was merely stressed out from the move and any tests would probably do more harm than good. This sounded like BS then, and I subsequently found out about state law that says you have to have these issues detected the first 14 business days for the pet dealer to be held accountable.

The following day, we bring Larry to the emergency vet after a pretty bad seizure, call up Claire for advise since we still trusted her at this point, and she said that she can not be held accountable since it was outside of the 2 week period. She was delaying the whole time with a poor kittens life on the line! It turned out she also can not count because it was still within two weeks at which point she lightened her attitude considerably. After spending excessive veterinary fees for emergency treatment we decided to return Larry to her care since it had gotten to the point of the doctors suggesting chronic or fatal illness and CT/SCAN MRI. She ensured us that she would do her best to care for him and pay medical bills out of her own pocket. A week later, she tells us that she euthanized him because caring for him "would have gotten in the way of other things." I see on Facebook that she is too busy expanding her cattery and taking care of 3-4 other litters and posting cute kitten videos on available kittens.

At that point we had gotten our money back, and were very upset about the whole ordeal, but we had got more time to focus on our surviving kitten Heidi. She had always been very active and seemingly healthy, albeit with bouts of diarrhea and sneezing. It turned out that she had a respiratory infection and stomach parasites the whole time. Our vet said can only have come from the cattery. I informed Claire of the issue, and she immediately started out with her whole rhetoric of how she had the cats double vet certified, it was impossible to have come from the cattery, I did you guys a huge favor by selling you the cats so cheap, and staying in touch, blah blah.

It is also important to note that she attempts to get around NY pet dealer law in her contract that states that you have 72 hours, as opposed to 14 business days to bring up medical issues to have her take care of it. She tried to bring this up when we wanted our money back for Larry. I am not sure of the legality of this and will be checking with my attorney.

Attached screenshot of video of Larry having a particularly bad seizure. Claire down played the issue until we threatened legal action and tried to skirt financial responsibility the whole time.

Comments

@Mike Dai Mike: I read Claire's explanation on your Yelp posting
    You knew you were purchasing a runt who needed extra care. Why didn't you listen to Claire and return the kitten right away? You received a full refund, how is that "skirting responsibility as a breeder" ???. It looks like you DID NOT READ your contract. The 72 hours is for the vet visit. The contract guarantees the cat with 14 business days. I think its terrible of you to post a photo of a poor cat suffering :( It makes me think that you are the bad person here.

• Ve
    Venessa F Apr 30, 2018

BEST CATTERY EVER! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    ATTN: “Gotta Again” who refuses to use their real name (wonder why???). I have known Claire for many years and have one of her beautiful cats for five years now. She is licensed with NY State Department of Agriculture. Her license number is #1076. Please ANYONE reading this do call and confirm it as I have. She has been TICA registered for years and was chosen by TICA to be the Ragdoll Ambassador Breeder this past winter at their International Show in NYC. Claire and her cats have been featured on Animal Planet's TOO CUTE. She is highly recognized and admired by many in the professional world of cats. The previous comments are related to identity theft and recovering from a very dangerous domestic violence situation of which she was a victim. These false accusations of Claire ARE SIMPLY NOT TRUE. Those of us who truly know her adore her and would not purchase a Ragdoll from anyone else. I can vouch for Claire that she would never scam anyone. In my book as well as many that will agree with me, Claire is an example of strength, resilience, dedication, and grace. She goes out of her way to help her clients and always has. Such a shame that fake sites like this one that do absolutely NO verification process allow fake named people hiding behind a made up "alias" to post slander and defamation which is ILLEGAL because they can make money off of it. I encourage anyone reading this to be smart enough to know that everything you see on the internet is not truth just because someone can post it. Using a fake name is a RED FLAG as well to indicate that the source is not real. Also any cat professional knows that a breeder can operate legally in New York state up to a certain volume of kittens per year. Only larger catteries are required to apply for a license. FYI: TICA is also bigger than the state as an INTERNATIONAL organization with a high code of ethics. Breeders who are registered with them must adhere to their standards without complaints otherwise their membership is revoked. If you are looking for a superior Ragdoll kitten with an amazing personality, health, and support from your breeder - Claire is the one to go to! This is Claire’s sixth year of breeding gorgeous and wonderful cats and she is NOT going anywhere!!

Kay Anderson Berger Dec 03, 2017

Not sure what you are trying to post . Can you copy and paste?

@Kay Anderson Berger Hi Kay,
    She is NOT LICENSED IN THE STATE OF NY TO BE A BREEDER OF ANY SORTS... call the nys department of agriculture for your self.. Her house and all those poor kittens are not inspected and licensed in anyway to be sold and or a breeder.. You have no clue what you got because she is illegally doing business in nys! You can now call the attorney general office and file a complaint because your cat could very well be not what she says it is... I'm sorry but T.I.C.A. is only an association and has no inspection or enforcement what so ever and certainly doesn't license people in any state... There is no one inspecting to make sure things are what she tells you. Call for yourself before she disappears like she did to me. She will see this at some point so act fast or you'll be stuck like me. Call nys department of agriculture and the IRS then with what you find call the attorney generals office with your findings and help me get her stopped..I filed years ago but all these people now need to know. I found her on Facebook with yet another name Claire Michaels and as you can see by the picture that's her. You can also check her testimonials and who's the first one from but the one and only ed from long island the fact is it is her husband ed weissbach or weisbach I'm sure he changed his name to. It says he's allergic to cats but not these lmao from what I know she's always had cats as she told me millions of times and I know that's him because I've seen his picture before Google them both eagle ave in ridge ny not sure on the ave part. God only knows where her cats came from are they pure bred for sure? How would you know if she's not a legal business registered with the nys department of agriculture! She has the same type of business number that she used before that can be turned off in a heartbeat like she did to me.. Her address says po box in Setauket but all the cats are in her house in wading river hmm think about that... What ever you do call the nys people first do not call her she is the best liar there is and she will forge documents and hand them to you that legally mean nothing... Just like the t.I.c.a. Papers she gave you.. Those are papers that she paid for from an association .. That association has never ever even seen her house.. Here is an email I have from t.I.c.a. The breeders listed on the TICA website must be current TICA members (which they must pay a fee), they must have a cattery name registered (also a fee), and have a signed Code of Ethics on file (another fee) before we can list them on our website (the online service is another fee). These are our requirements that the members must meet in order for them to be listed on our website. Having a cattery registered is not a License. A license is something issued by a state, and not by this Association. Our disclaimer is listed on our website please see it below

DISCLAIMER
    The International Cat Association, Inc.® (TICA®) Does Not Endorse any of the breeders, products, or services on this page unless otherwise noted. Please read our Disclaimers.

Fax: [protected]

You have paperwork that means nothing and cannot be proven all because she is NOT LICENSED TO BE A BREEDER...

But it is to make you THINK it means everything and make you think she's honest.

Call them Kay you've been scammed just like me she will disappear and she will keep all those deposits too. only god knows when it'll happen and you have no clue where your cat is bred from but only what her smiling face tells you. I filed against her and she got away with it because the scam she ran was still legal to do in the state of connecticut but she was located in nys... Same thing with tica but you got her nailed and so does everyone else who she ripped off paying to dollar for cats no one is inspecting as a legal business like this is..

N 1st of Dec, 2017 by Gotcha again 0 Votes

• Gotcha again Dec 03, 2017

@Kay Anderson Berger Check your messaging on here I army it to you maybe you can copy and paste... When I come on here it now show it multiple times but you can't see it

• Gotcha again Dec 03, 2017

@Gotcha again Post to let me know you got the email or email me back on here click on my name

Kay Anderson Berger Dec 03, 2017

@Gotcha again I don’t know how to get messages on here. I clicked on your name and you have a pic of Carol who also adopted cats from Claire.. is this Carol? Can’t be, Carol loves Claire.. weird ..

Kay Anderson Berger Dec 03, 2017

@Kay Anderson Berger Or maybe you can just write what the link or whatever they aren’t let you post -here? I am not tech savvy with this at all. Just was curious about what info you had on Cat scamming . I worked with two breeders before and they were a nightmare and we had a good experience with her but it’s ok.. I was just curious .

Kay Anderson Berger Dec 03, 2017

@Kay Anderson Berger Wait sorry I see the little message button now .. I got your message but the pic is blurry can’t read it.. just recognized the pic of that lady Carol .. ok can’t understand the words on the pic. No worries thanks for trying to help though.

Kay Anderson Berger Dec 03, 2017

@Kay Anderson Berger Found your post and thank you !

• Ve
    Venessa F Apr 30, 2018

@Kay Anderson Berger Kay PLEASE do yourself a favor and contact Claire directly with any questions or concerns that you may have. The comments from this fake person who refuses to be known publicly are not fair to Claire. She IS NY State licensed (#1076) as well as TICA registered and HONORED for years now. Her cattery has multiple accolades from dozens of her kitty clients in several places on the web who freely identify themselves. Your lovely statements in your first posting attest to the fact that you were given everything promised to you by this loving and dedicated breeder. One sour grape in the bunch means that only that one is rotten and not the whole vine. I hope that you will read my posting in its entirety.

• Ca
    catlover5 Jan 22, 2021

@Gotcha again I got a cat from Claire 7 years ago when she first opened her business; I received a beautiful, healthy, loving cat that I cherish every day. I just recently bought another kitten from Claire who is also sweet as pie, healthy, beautiful, and the love of my life.
    I have double checked these accusations-- Claire IS a licensed breeder. I have personally been inside her home when buying my first cat from her pre-Covid and her animals are loved and treated like family. She doesn't even cage her animals like most breeders; they walk around the house freely. Her cats are so affectionate due to being handled and loved, as I have seen first hand. This is also why I felt so compelled to write a review. Claire clearly works very hard and loves her animals. It doesn't seem fair for you to defame her hard work. You want to harp on how she's a "scam artist" and will "take your money and run"... Then how has she kept selling kittens to hundreds of families since the 7 years when I first got my cat and not been shut down? Have you even TRIED buying a cat from her? You love to go on and on about how her business is a scam, but it sounds like you haven't even had a personal experience with Broadway Ragdolls in trying to buy a cat, as you have not mentioned it at all. To be honest you seem insane and obsessed with trying to ruin Claire's business, so much so that I don't even feel comfortable posting my name, because I don't want you to know who I am. If anyone comes across this, just know that I wouldn't hesitate buying a third cat from Claire. Her cats are incredibly sweet, affectionate and beautiful. They are also definitely Ragdolls, as both of my cats came with T.I.C.A and vet certified papers in their health records... tell me what vet would verify the health and pure bred line of a Ragdoll if it was all just a scam.

Connie Bena Feb 23, 2021

@Kay Anderson Berger Kay Anderson Berger: THIS is definitely NOT Carol, Carol has three of Claire's Ragdolls. She would never say anything bad about Claire. This person is FAKE proven by the fact that she is using SOMEONE ELSE'S PHOTO from a screen shot from the website.

Connie Bena Feb 23, 2021

@Gotcha again "Gotcha Again" YOU ARE THE FAKE ONE! PROOF: You using a poor quality screen shot of someone else from Broadway Ragdolls website as YOUR own profile photo on here. You are not even a customer of Claire's. Shame on you!

Connie Bena Feb 23, 2021

@Kay Anderson Berger Kay Anderson Berger: "Gotcha Again" is a fake person posing as a customer of Claire's when she is not! Shame on her for using Carol's photo. Carol has three of Claire's Ragdolls and would never say a bad thing about her. I hope the police find out who this person is.

• Gotcha again Dec 02, 2017

My reply isn't posting so lets try it this way

Hi Kay,

N 5 mins ago by Gotcha again 0 Votes

Kay Anderson Berger Nov 24, 2017

Can you explain how she is scamming people in regards to being a Ragdoll Cat breeder? Just curious because my brother in law and myself have gotten cats from her and everything she promised she came through with ... I have no idea about the other businesses, I just remember how organized and honest she was throughout our cat adoption process. We both received super healthy cats that were registered with T.I.C.A. From our experiences with her, she runs an incredible cattery.. we had been at her home on several occasions to meet and choose our kittens. She did everything she said she would ... we even contacted several of her other customers and they all had only great things to say about their experiences .. Now I am talking about her as a breeder. That’s been our only experiences with her so can you clarify HOW she is scamming people regarding her cat breeding? I don’t doubt you, but How is she now scamming people with cats? She is registered with TICA because we received all their paperwork. Just curious can you clarify?

@Kay Anderson Berger Hi Kay,

• Gotcha again Dec 01, 2017

Check her on scam reports too

@Gotcha again Ripoff

@Gotcha again Sorry scam reports

• Gotcha again Dec 01, 2017

@Gotcha again It doesn't want to post the other board lets try this
    scam reports

😊

• Gotcha again Dec 02, 2017

@Kay Anderson Berger Its not posting

• Ci
    Citric May 28, 2019

@Gotcha again I just checked the NYS Dept of Agriculture and she’s listed as registered and licensed.

• Gotcha again Jul 23, 2017

Here she is scamming people with cats and her name is Claire Michaels... Based on her Facebook page she's in wading river NY and guess what people she's not a real business...I have searched her business Broadway ragdolls its not registered in nys... As with all her scamming companies...

• Yv
    Yvonne81 Mar 23, 2014

I have been a client of this woman for years. She is very compassionate and dedicated to her clients. She has even visited me in my home when I wasn't well enough to get out, taken me to the store, and sent me cards of encouragement after my operation. She helped me manage my diabetes for 7 years and avoid taking insulin. She is very knowledgeable. I know personally that she works very hard to help her clients and her employees. None of the above accusations are true as I have known Janice Ardolina for over a decade. She is one of the most dedicated, hard working, and kind people I know.