International Award Payment CenterMisleading Scam

I received a courier envelope today from the Company above, listing their address, to submit return Form and cash, check or money order for 20$ to : International Award Payment Center (IAPC) 1401 Armour Road, N.Kansas City, MO 64116 USA. I know you have laws to deal with these lowlife types and hope this letter helps you charge the people running this scam.: Contact me at: [protected]@hotmail.com

Good luck
Don Ackert

• St
    sthom Mar 12, 2009

I to received the same as above, today, March 12, 2009. I had a good chuckle when the envelope showed immediate response is requested and beside that it showed a date of 2008. I guess they think we are all losers, when in fact they are really the low life of the world. S. Thomson, Ontario, Canada

• Gt
    G.Taylor Aug 17, 2009

I also had the pleasure of receiving promises of `money for nothing` with the post recently.
    I would be very happy if there was a way of getting at the filth in human costume behind these tricks.
    G.Taylor, Göttingen, Germany

• Jm
    J.M.D. Sep 21, 2009

How does someone naive of sweepstakes protocol gather that such documentation being delivered by U.S. Mail is actually a wolf in sheeps wool? If in fact, I.A.P.C., is awarding contestants and following guidelines setforth by Federal and/or State Law, congratulations to the winners! I would hope you all are encouraged to speak out on your experience with I.A.P.C..

please send all comments and replies to: [email protected]

• Jm
    JMCB Oct 13, 2009

I too received the above said documentation. It is thrilling to think that I am a winner of (wait for it!) $15, 000.00. I have a better chance of obtaining that amount from farmtown! LOL!
    After reading the fine print on the back I discover that I am only one of 204, 000 people who are ACTIVATED in this scam and my $20.00 will win me the money! BAH Humbug! Don't buy it for a micro minute! My advice? DON'T FALL FOR IT FOLKS!

J.B, Ontario, Canada
    prefer not to put in my last name, too few of us, too easy to end up on someone elses
    scam list!

• Ke
    Kerrylea Dec 28, 2009

I am sick to death of these phony s.o.b.'s sending me this crap in the mail. In the last 6 months alone I have received correspondence from 5 different award places that claim I won a big check & that they would sure like to send it to me for the low, low, price of $$$$$!!! They make me sick!!! I usually throw the crap in the trash, but this time I'm sending a request for them to just take the $ 9.00 fee out of my check before they send it!!! HA! HA! If there is any legal recourse that can be taken, count me in! I would love to sue their ###!!! Sincerely, K. HAWK

• Jn
    jnvc Dec 28, 2009

Today I got 3 different letters asking for my money and that I won, I look at the very top of each letter and saw the same "account number" on all 3 letters. How stupid can they be, I got these in the same night and there almost all the same. I always look to see if they want monies or if they have a P.O. Box address, right there I can tell it is a scam. And why would they want to give me money? I usually wright F U on the return letter, its worth the stamp. PLEASE DON'T SEND ANYONE MONEY, IF THEY HAVE A MILLION $ TO GIVE THEY WOULDN'T BE ASKING FOR TEN $ JENNY

• Li
    little devil Jan 19, 2010

i live in belguim i to got 2 envolopes saying i won this money ..
    but im not stupid enough to send them money of anykind .
    i always say if this is true why do people have to pay money to resive the winnings
    in other words they should send the money by cheak to the winners and not have them pay for it.

• He
    HERON Mar 15, 2010

I'm from Australia and today i received a letter from this place to say i won $15, 000.
    I notice all these complaints are from people who have just thrown the letter away.
    Can anyone actually say they sent the money ($25 - for me), and didnt receive their prize.
    I am really curious because how have they been able to operate this long without being shut down.

HERON

• Sh
    Shan1 Mar 31, 2010

Yes, this is one of the three letters I received too. This is so sad, because someone who is not familiar with the internet or google could easily fall prey. I am so pleased to be the winner of 15 million, but why would I have to send a 20 cashier's check to get it (yeah, right!) I hope they catch these scammers! :( ugh!!!

• Hu
    huddie Mar 31, 2010

I received 2 letters from this mob, onr yesterday and one today. Don't they realize that we are not as gullible as they think we are? On both occassions they asked me for Australian $ 25/ What a joke, these pathetic, mindless ###s.

• Ed
    Eddie77 Jun 18, 2010

Yes, i received the same letter stating that i have won $15000, asking me to send $20 for the registaration process, how could this Guys think that i will ever fell for this no brain little boys scam, i am from nigeria and had seen millions of this kind. they need to be short in the head or cut off their mother [censor]ing dick.what is the United States government doing on this issues, i thought they know much and could have deal with this [censor]. i reseve my anger for another day hoping to receive another letter.

• Lo
    Loralai Enyo Jul 15, 2010

I have to agree, A friend of mine recieved the same letter, just to make sure i googled the company name and came up with this, also i used an address tracking system and found that the address came up at a residential area for the street address, but the nearest post office was at least a mile away lol. These people are too damn lazy to hunt for a job so they resort to scams :P btw they are getting desperate they lowered the "fee" to $9. I have already given the address and envelope to the BBB :P let them sort it out. maybe the post office and any organization that uses a PO Box should require a photo be taken to get that box :P then we could post the photos of these scam artists everywhere someone would find them XD

• Be
    Beatrice Grover Aug 09, 2010

These scamers will never starve to death, as they have too much "CRUST" BMA--CANADA and damn proud of it.

• Mr
    Mrs_B Aug 19, 2010

I see this has been running for some time now. I have just received this very official looking letter asking me to pay a discounted fee of CAD $20 for entry and registration in order to receive a payment of US $ 15.000, 00.
    Does not make any sense at all of course as I have never heard of them and never enrolled in any contests. The funniest thing – they did not even bother to get my name right.
    I hope finally someone in position to deal with them reads all those reports. 20 does not seem much but if you consider how many people may be desperate enough to pay it in order to get quite a fixer, IRS should definitely be interested in International Award Payment Center (IAPC) bottom line.

• To
    Told Aug 19, 2010

August 19, 2010. Just received mine today. Usually just trash it but decided to look it up today and found this. Don't even think about it. Alberta, Canada.

• Silverenegade Aug 21, 2010

Just got my 2 letters today. Haven't checked my mail in a week or 2, tho, so it could've been sitting there. The inside date is Aug 9/10 but the outside date is 2008. As a previous writer stated, I decided to look them up & found this site, among others. Some people wonder how this company can stay in business for so long. As long as someone is willing to respond, they can stay in business. These letters do state clearly in the Rules, tho, that it's NOT a lottery or sweepstakes. It's a Contest of Skill & the requested fee is your cost to participate in this contest. Therefore, they are not charging anyone to participate in a random lottery.

I've also read that some people don't know how they can have won this cash when the winner isn't determined till the contest is over. The letter states that
    contigent upon your valid qualifying entry & pending official declaration as the final winner, THEN you win. The Rules state that the contest goes through several rounds of puzzles & the winner is the person who gets the highest score in the final round. In the event of a tie, all winners will share the prize equally.

What ticks me off is how the hell they got my name? I'm careful what I subscribe to so despite that fact the letter is going into the garbage, now I have to take the time & spend the 52¢ for the stamp to tell them to lose my name. What a royal pain!!

Silverenegade

• Ho
    HONOR COURAGE COMMITMENT Nov 20, 2010

I just got a letter from these guys today!!! If you wrote this in 'o9, I think that the system we put faith in to rid this great country of stunts like this. seriously, what are the Police working for... 1 YEAR LATER AND THE SAME STUFF IS GOING ON?!! WOW

• Al
    Albertagirl Dec 14, 2010

Just had a family friend who is unfortunately certified and mentally unstable inform my mom that she sent out the sum of nearly $950 to this company in 35 odd cheques. We had to go into the bank and cancel her bank account to avoid these cheques from being processed. She's on welfare and in no way can afford to lose that kind of money. I'm just furious that there are people out there that prey upon seniors and people that are incapable of making proper choices. These people need to be shut down, jailed and put away. Simply put...

maybe4486 Jan 15, 2011

i recieve letter form INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTER. Janurary 15, 2011. they want me to send $9.00 for processing fee. Im glad i search they name and found out it scam, , they should put peoples in jail for this bull chit. how hard time is now, playing with some on life as cash winner. cause i was very happey when i 1st read letter saying im $15, 000.00 winner.

Maxy Feb 17, 2011

I received a letter 17 February 2011 Australia from INTERNATIONAL AWARD PAYMENT CENTER- they ask for $25 AUD discount of $5 AUD for processing etc. seems this company raises its ugle head every so often...be ware..great to have website to display scams..hope it helps.

Jackie33k Feb 19, 2011

Hi Ackert,
    I received the same letters only, I was asked to send $9.00, which I didn't send, I agree with what you said something has to be done it's not right some us are struggling we don't need some "rich dirt bag" taking advantage of the needy or anyone, some people will give their last dollar in the hopes of winning, I want to be-leave that there are some good honest people out there but unfortunately I haven't meet any, and that's sad. Anyhow, I' am doing some research on how to get these criminals from getting rich off the poor, their has to be someone I can talk to that handles these kinds of problems, when I find some resources I will share.
    Good Luck and Bless It Be

Jackie33k Feb 19, 2011

How can I be able to tell when a document is legit?
    I would appreciated very much if someone can respond
    to my question.
    I Thank You In advanced, Thank You... lol

jay-wak Mar 09, 2011

I also received letter from international award payment center and I was curious because I never sign up for anything before. This is scam and we should address FBI or CIA to deal with this. It's too risky to deal with this stuff.

• Cr
    Crystal Kleist Mar 21, 2011

My uncle got one from International Award Payment Center on Feb. 08 2011. His asked for a low low price of $9 us dollars but he saved $3 dollars. He has gotten about 10 different offers In 6 months and I've looked up all of them. My uncle is 52 years old and unemployed so these offers seem really good to him. But I tell him if it is a prize winning you shouldn't have to pay upfront and I google them and find all these complaints or I find nothing about these prize offers. These people need to be stopped.

• Th
    theo77 Apr 11, 2011

Got it as well all the way in Australia, what a bunch of [censor]s, why should I give them money to win money, How about they give me the money first and ill give them the 20 dollars.

Chris Scott Apr 13, 2011

I would like to know what would happen if you deposited the cheque that was sent to me for 15000, 00 signed and confirmed by the international award payment center with and has on it ALL FUNDS GUARANTEED & CERTIFIED PAYABLE,
    I am going to deposit it to my account as it has been confirmed and certified with two siginaturs.

My bank pays instantly for cheques deposits electronic transfers etc.

So I guess I will have a few dollars to play around with.

Thanks

jollyjan Aug 17, 2011

It's August 17th 2011 and i just received the same letter from International Award Payment Center saying i won 15, 000 but i have to send a fee of $25 and answer a stupid procedural question. I hope someone catches these crooks. They prey on people less fortunate . Please can someone put a stop to them.

2Wheels Oct 18, 2011

I live in Australia and just received the same scam they want $25 AUD.Are the FBI looking into this they have an address to send payments to so surely they can catch these scammers?

2Wheels Oct 18, 2011

I live in Australia and received the same scam as you all but I am use to getting Nigerian scams so I recognised it immediately, however when they target poor people and pensioners it's just not on.They want $25 AUD for a $15000 payout wrong time to ask buddy we're all poor why don't they target the rich.Anyhow thought i'd let you know it's reached Australia.The FBI should be able to catch these guys seeing they have a payment address.They have to be getting their checks from some PO BOX put it under surveilance and follow them home DAH!!!

WHAT A LOAD OF CRUD Oct 19, 2011

i to got one of them letter today express mail asking me to send $20 and and they would send me $15, 000 WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP

WHAT A LOAD OF CRUD Oct 19, 2011

i to recieved a letter the 18/10/2011 from the international award payment centre asking me to send $25 to recieve my 15, 000 i had won what a load of crap who has to pay money for money they won

WHAT A LOAD OF CRUD Oct 19, 2011

2 letters in one day are u kidding do i take these to the police ??????????????????

• Et
    ETOILECEL Oct 21, 2011

bonjour,
    j'ai moi aussi reçu la documentation ci-dessus dit. Il est passionnant de penser que je suis un gagnant de (attendre pour cela!) 15 000, 00 $. Après avoir lu les petits caractères au dos, je découvre que je suis seulement un des 204 000 personnes qui sont activés dans ce type d'escroquerie et de mon $ 20.00 gagnera-moi l'argent! Bah Humbug! Ne l'achetez pas pour une minute de micro! Mon conseil? Ne tombez pas dans IT folks! JB, Ontario, Canada préfèrent ne pas mettre dans mon nom de famille, trop peu d'entre nous, trop facile de se retrouver sur quelqu'un d'autre escroquerie liste!

• Et
    ETOILECEL Oct 21, 2011

LE 21 OCTOBRE 2011
    re-bonjour,
    je vais transmettre ce genre de courrier au commisariat de mon domicile en informant que tout cela est une arnaque et de damander de procéder des sanctions sur cette société.
    si vous avez eu un grand résultat sur se genre de courrier faite le moi savoir car il m'ont déja pris 15€ et je n'ai toujours rien reçu de leur parts sinon qu'un deuxième essais de leur part de me soutierer de nouveau de l'argent.
    cette escroquerie est une supercherie fait bien attention de ne pas tombé dans le panneau car moi la première fois je suis bien tombé et envoyé un chéque de 15€ du vol. Je ne sais comment je me suis trouvé sur une liste au USA ?
    alors faites bien attention de ne pas envoyer de l'argent car quand on gagne on ne doit pas demander une participation..

2Wheels Oct 22, 2011

I received my third scam in a week today, if I was to believe any of it I would think I was the luckiest man alive, 3 big wins in a week yahooooo!!! LOL
    NO just the same scammers with different wins .This one is from the Financial Security Awards whatever the hell that is! $21, 000 yeah right.They want me to give them $25 and send it to Contest America Publishers, Inc1401 Armour Rd, Nth Kansas city, Missouri 64116 USA .I live in Australia, Go Figure! A Word Of Warning to those that are not familliar with these scammers.They can get very nasty when challenged! Last year I received a scam letter prize win and started asking questions of them, later I started teasing them, then all of a sudden they hacked my email adress and shut me out and then hacked my laptop and practically destroyed it I had to have it wiped clean and start over again so if you are thinking of having some fun with these guys know that they are good hackers and will make your life difficult.Best thing is to just go to the authoroties with this or just ignore it.

• St
    Stevo60 Jan 09, 2012

Thank goodness there are sites like these to help protect us from these a-holes, yes I got mine today.
    It looked very pretty, all red and important, but the golden rule is, "If it's too good to be true, It probably isn't".
    Thank You and Good Luck to All You Hard Workers.

Stevo
    9/01/12 Aus/Vic

• Ot
    otto boubat Mar 05, 2012

A total and utter scam - someones getting rich from the vulnerable and naive .

• Re
    Reviewer99911 Jan 23, 2016

States Name appears on the list below. Reply immediately with $9 fee.

• Ba
    Barbara Ransom Feb 27, 2016

I just received one of these Scam Letters in the mail today. Just like the Scam Phone Calls I get from some Call Center in India from a thickly accented man on the phone names "Mark Brown" I tell them "just take the processing/shipping fee out of my winnings. And you can keep $500 as a Tip from Me to You!"

I wish I could magically make All Scammer's Heads Explode the very moment that they try to Scam someone.

• Il
    Iliass Belz Feb 17, 2017

iam very happy to contect you iam benlazreg 1000.000 dollars i dont payed since 2002 ..please help me to paid my winner * [email protected]