Hobby Lobby Storeswhy hire people if they won’t help you

Hp Oct 21, 2019 Review updated:

Tonight during my trip to hobby lobby there were 3 registers open. Only 2 had lines on them. I did my shopping and paid on the register all the way to the right. I wasn't able to catch the name of the older gentleman with glasses 50s/60s on the register all the way to the left. Instead of letting customers know he was open he was hiding in his register. Literally. I walked over to ask for help and before I got to him he duck on his cubicle/register area. Should of been the first warning sign right there. I didn't care and proceeded to walk towards him. I asked him for help on an item hanging on the wall. His reply was I can't get on a ladder, to which I said well can you call for help then? He told me yes thats what he's going to have to do. Again the other 2 registers were busy with lines. The next 5 minutes my mother and I just stood there looking at this older gentleman. He didn't move. Then we asked him if he was going to get the help/call someone. He literally just stood there. No pager, he didn't even look at someone, but repeated the same as before. I felt like I was in one of those pranked shows, or it was a joke. Finally we walked out because if you're going to hire people who can't even bother to call someone who can help when they clearly don't want to, is not the place I want to shop at.

Comments

•   Oct 21, 2019

Hi Hpna, this sort of ageism is highly inappropriate. Please reconsider how you treat older members of society. Thanks!

• Hp
      Oct 21, 2019

@DeAndre Washington This is the thing. I wasn’t rude because he was an older gentleman. I totally understood where he was coming from about the ladder. However, what I didn’t appreciate was one.
    1. He duck and was hiding from customers who were in line.
    2. He never went to call someone or even page someone to come and help us.
    This has nothing to do with age??