Heritage CoinsOvercharged

W

David Lisot makes promises with Heritage and does not keep them. I submitted many coins for auction and the first two lots went up. One coin sold and the other did not. The one coin that did not sell did not meet my minimum but they are charging me for the buy back price that was 170.00 over the high bid.

I immediately sent David Lisot an email and demanded that all of my coins be returned immediately and we settle up. Not only did he not send the coins back but put them up for auction even though the auction had not started. Heritage coins or Heritage Auctions is nothing more than thieves.

David Lisot is refusing to give my coins back and is not paying me for the one coin that did sell even though it is our agreement that it is time to be paid.

• Je
    Jeff Patzewitsch Aug 25, 2009

Woody, I’m sorry your experience with Heritage wasn’t what you expected. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our consignors. Unfortunately, I do not know the specifics of your situation because I do not know who you are, and David Lisot is no longer with the company. If you would like to contact me regarding your situation, please call me at [protected] ext. 1370 or e-mail me at [email protected]

In response to your concern about being charged for a coin which did not meet your minimum, I believe you will find that this is standard policy for most auction houses.

Heritage always pays its consignors, and we always pay them on time, 45 days after the close of the auction. If you did not receive payment for the coin you sold, I expect it is because your unmet reserve fees were greater than your proceeds? It may also be that you simply posted this complaint before the settlement date for that auction? In any case I would like to talk to you and see if we can resolve any remaining issues you might have.

Jeff T. Patzewitsch