Harbor Freightmisleading and lacking customer service

Harbor Freight wont let you post really big issues with their products on their review website but this site will and that’s great because people need to know what to expect from a company both with their products and the warranty that they sell you.

The warranty that you buy is really not like a true warranty that I am accustom to buying, instead both the 1-year and 2-year warranties only allow you to return the defective item “ONCE” during that time and if you want to continue having a warranty you must buy another one (which they don’t tell you when you are purchasing something).

I understand that they don’t sell top of the line products but what they do sell should last at least longer than 3-months in some cases without having to use up the warranty that you buy!!

I purchased the 1 HP Mini Dust Collector item number 94029 and it burned up in 3-months so I took it back and the second one did the same in 6-months but when I took this one in they stated that the employee that handled the return should of told me that I needed to buy another warranty so they would not do anything.

I took the blower apart and found that the internal bearing cover was missing, well without this cover how do they expect this to last, everything that gets sucked up will get into the bearing assembly and cause it to burn up.

I bought a $20.00 bearing and added a secondary cover for extra protection and it’s working as it should but still they need to take care of the customer.

The 36 LED Solar Security Light item number 98085 was on sale and I bought several of these and installed them around our home but they forgot to tell me that they only work for 6-months OOPS, its out of their 90-day free replacement, which they could do something if, they wanted to help the customer out.

I have bought a lot of items that do last but since I have had so many issues with them lately I have not gone back but instead shop at Northern Tools where they treat you better and stand behind their warranty plus they have people that know about their products and will advise you if you should buy it or not for what you are planning to use it for.