The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Granton Marketing Singapore — scam company
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
1. they don't have a company website.
2. they pay by commission.
3. they do not sign a contract with you.
4. require you to tell customers stuff that are not correct.
i was suppose to sell this 'wellness village' granton card, which customers need to pay $29.90 for the card which entitles them to one free facial trial. i was told to tell them that it is their signature intensive facial which they will be providing for free. i was actually convinced by myself so i actually bought one and went down to try it. turned out that it was worst than those normal basic facial i went for outside! Signature intensive indeed!
5. weirdly secretive.
the 'leaders' of the company actually seemed to be withholding a lot of extra information to me when they realise that i am not going to stay there for long. like... there will be a management course which potential leaders will be attending & they did not tell me about it. and like... leaders actually earn $5 more per card. etc etc information which they withheld from me all the time. the way they act like they are so open about everything, but i know they are keeping a lot of things from me, probably because they are scared that if i run off, quit or something, and holding too much information on my hand will only bring them more troubles.
6. claimed to be a new organisation hence recruiting.
i don't know, it really sounds weird. too weird to be explained.
7. fired me just because i didn't manage to turn up for work as i was having splitting headache. told me they will calculate my pay and let me know. but never heard from them again. like wtf?
7. and many more. there are too many things in the company that made it weird.