Garmin International Logo

Garmin International

Having problems with Garmin International?

1800 18 860 019 (Phillipines)
800 886 1072 (Singapore)
+1 913 397 8200 (United States)
+1 503 391 3411 (USA & International)
+44 238 052 4000 (United Kingdom)
+32 26 725 254 (Belgium)
+45 48 105 000 (Denmark)
+358 19 311 001 (Finland)
+351 214 447 460 (Portugal)
+27 112 519 999 (South Africa)
+82 221 415 855 (South Korea)
1200 E. 151st St.
Olathe, Kansas
United States - 66062-3426
Additional Office, United States
2345 Turner Road SE, Salem, OR 97302

Garmin (Europe) Ltd.
Liberty House, Bulls Copse Road, Hounsdown Business Park, Southampton, SO40 9LR, UK

Garmin (Asia) Corporation
No. 68, Zhangshu 2nd Road, Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City 221, Taiwan

Australia
30 Clay Place, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766

Belgium
Pierre Dupontstraat 165, 1140 Brussels, Belgium

France
Immeuble Le Capitole, 55, avenue des Champs Pierreux , 92012 Nanterre Cedex, France

Netherlands
Bramenberg 9-3, 3755 BT Eemnes, Nederland

South Africa
Office 802 - 8th Floor, 11 Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196

UAE
AMIT, P.O. Box: 1633, Deira, Dubai, U.A.E

Complaints & Reviews

garmin communicator plugin

I have a Garmin product, branded as a BMW Motorrad Navigator III. Serial number [protected] or I3J004606. This item is not supported by Garmin express which I have for my Garmin Nuvi 2569 LMT-D. I want to update the maps on the Navigator III which I am instructed to do via the Map Update tool on the web. I cannot get this to run as my Internet Explorer 11 version 11.608.15063.0 will not support the Garmin Communicator plugin, nor will any other internet option (Microsoft edge or Firefox).

I cannot afford to upgrade the Garmin / BMW system or purchase an alternative navigation system. I know this product is probably 9 years old but surely I can update the maps.

Please tell me how?

forerunner 235 watch

The red button on my watch stopped working two weeks before warranty expired. Contacted Garmin via web form to ask how I get my watch fixed on warranty. The site said to give them three days to respond. One month later, have yet to hear from them. Two things:
1. Disappointed by quality of product that does not last even a year.
2. Very disappointed by complete lack of service - no response at all except for an auto email saying my web form had been received.
Not sure if this is Garmin's way of avoiding fixing on warranty.

garmin vivosmart hr + unsecure lock system

I bought a new garmin vivosmart hr + I lost it in the sea few weeks ago while windsurfing I thought it was my fault but I was suprised by the fact that when I tried another newly bought vivosmart the lock on system was totally unsecure it went off very easily unless the main activities supported for this kind of sport watches are indoor or running this is not acceptable you should provide a more secure lock system this isa very expensive loss and you cannot be all time concerned if the watch is still on your hand while doing an activity @&#%^#%*&^# ([email protected]*^*# (

nüvi 55 lm european city navigator doesn't work and garmin doesn't fix or reimburse me

I've bought the City Navigator Europe map to upload to my nüvi 55 LM on July 8th 2017.
But I could not upload it even after chatting for a long time with Garmin services representatives Zahrah and Lynn on the web. Zahrah has instructed me to buy a micro SD memory card, which I did (16Mb) but I still can't upload the European map. My computer has a compatible OS Microsoft Enterprise 7, it does recognize the Garmin device as a portable one, I could get 2x a message of successfull instalation but no map is actually installed to the device. I'm in Europe and have been renting GPS devices to drive around, since the Garmin product is not usefull w/o the European map.
So I asked that Garmin reimburse me. Garmin tells me they can'd reimburse me because the sw has been unlocked and asks me to contact a phone number, which puts me on queue for 35 minutes for an international call. Unfortunatelly I can't stay for 35 minutes waiting for Garmin to answer a call I'm making from Italy to the US.
The sofware was not loaded into my devide due to problems with Garmin. It's not on my device (or the device is not identifying the European map) and I'll need to use rented GPS service due to this problem caused by Garmin.
Garmin owes me a refund and is not responding to it as a trustworthy company.
My family is with me to testimony that I'm not using the Garmin device because it's not working in Europe. The sales person that rended me a car in Portugal can also testimony that the Garmin devide didnt work in Europe. It has failed in Portugal, now it doesn't read Italian maps and tomorrow I'm travelling to Croacia.
I want my money back because I'm not using the map due to a Garmin error.

unable to get their support to help me

I purchased a Fenix 5s at the end of April. I have had nothing but problems with. Getting someone from Garmin to help me has been a terrible experience. It can take them up to a week to respond. My watch stopped connecting with my phone. I made them aware of this situation multiple times and got no responses. When they finally responded they gave me basic instructions, that were not complete, on how to send the watch back. The watch is malfunctioning due to no fault of my own. However, I am responsible to pay the shipping to have it sent to them. I also will not have a watch for up to 10 business days while they look at it. When I spent over $600 on this watch it was under the impression that I would be able to use it every day. Not only has my training been interrupted due to the fact that their product is terrible, now it is being interrupted because it takes them days to respond and I now have to send away for up to 10 business days.

faulty garmin 62s and horrible customer service

Sent Garmin my 62s for a screen replacement as the current one was scratched. Paid them £82. They sent me a replacement 62s that looked new. I then puchased a TrekMap Italia V4 Pro map from Garmin and installed it on the 62s. It seemed to be ok. Arrived in Italia about 2 weeks ago and the 62s comes up with a message "external power supply lost, continue with battery power" after which it turns off. In ten days I have received two bits of advice from Garmin, the first was to do a reset, the second was to do... a reset. The emails I received are possibly created by a not very good AI software as there is something weirdly not right about them. The current situation is that the 62s is going back to Garmin soon, at their request.
I feel that Garmin has little or no respect for it's individual customers and the sooner they get a hit from competition the better.

770 dezl

Rip off alert garmin support technicians ripping off customers for money for fraudulent repairs to personal computers
My garmin was not updating, I contacted customer support, customer support had a tech call me back "steven kz01075" he told me for $70 dollars he could fix my computer, I said no I then called the computer guy in the area he said its a scam just reboot your computer, he also said when your tech can into my computer "remote access" tech tend to turn stuff off to get money to repair, this is a crime per this computer guy, also all this happened in about 8 min from the time I first called. I then called to report my crime to a supervisor, "dan decrure" told me all was well and laughed at my problem, I asked for a head office number he said no!! And hung up. I will if need be contact some person that will investigate if this is common practice there at tech support at garmin

garmin connect/forerunner 50

For a number of years I have used a Forerunner 50, an Ant stick and Garmin Connect to track my cycle training. I recently started my spring training and recorded the ride on the Forerunner. I came home and attempted to download the data to Garmin Connect. Garmin Connect appears to be no longer available an I was told to download Garmin Express. Garmin Express was unable to find the Ant stick. It returned "Serial Number: Unit ID: 2058019 The specified Unit ID is invalid". I called Customer Service and was told that the Forerunner 50 and legacy Garmin Connect" were obsolete technology" despite the fact that it worked perfectly for my needs. I don't understand why the legacy Garmin Connect was removed. I bought a Garmin Forerunner 50, a GPS car mapping unit, and an Etrex 20 because I believed that were well built and would last. Your sales tactic of intentionally obsoleting the Forerunner 50 to force me to purchase new equipment will force me to look at another option, certainly not from Garmin. In addition, you still advertise the Forerunner 50 and the ability to save data through Garmin Connect. See https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/10527

update maps

I googled Garmin to find it's website to download current maps. When I clicked on the link, it said to call an 888 # to get assistance. I called the number and it was answered by a woman with a heavy Indian accent, making it difficult to understand her. After many requests by me to repeat what she said, she said it would be better if I allowed her to sign on to my computer. I made the mistake and allowed her in. Once she took over my computer she checked numerous things and found that many of the drivers were manually shut off. She said she would connect me to a Microsoft technician to fix the problem. The gentleman she turned me over to went over a few things and said there would be fees involved in fixing the computer. I said I would contact someone I knew. I did get his phone number before I hung up. I then tried to sign on to my computer and was unable to do so. When I turn on the computer, I get a different view, it asks for my password, I type it in, my mouse does not appear on the screen so I tabbed to the OK to click it and sign on. What it then does is erase my password, asks for it again and the same thing happens. I am now unable to use my computer.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice how to fix it?

garmin gpsmap 6008 chartplotter

Bought this unit brand new and had it professionally installed. Initially it worked nicely, but after I arrived on the Irish west coast the unit began to freeze and loose satellites. The unit was shipped with outdated or defective software and the GARMIN support staff, in a most inefficient way has conveyed that new software is needed, and this cannot be updated with an SD card, even one purchased by GARMIN. One must obtain a Windows computer, secure a wifi connection, remove the unit, plug in a jump cable, and try to upgrade. This was quite impossible if one is cruising in remote regions. GARMIN support has tried to help, but have led me down many dead ends to try to fix a product that should never been shipped in the first place to a cruising customer.

garmin express

I think that garmin express has changed the format of my garmin.img files into unix files somehow I spoke to...

Poor software and hardware

The Garmin Express software gives you the option to continuously run Garmin Express in the task bar. If you disable the option, Garmin Express still continuously runs in Windows, though it does not show up in the taskbar. There is no reason anyone would need to continuously run their GPS software on a desktop. You can remove the entry using regedit to prevent it from starting automatically, but as soon as you run Garmin Express, again, it reinstalls the registry entry to auto-start when Windows starts.

In addition to this poor software design, the Garmin itself is only useful for major highways, and even then, I have often been taken down the rosy path regardless of the configurations I've tried. Also, any time I try to use their device to find a specific place, it is usually off by 10 miles. When attempting to navigate to a variety of existing commercial businesses, I have been taken to private residences, cemeteries (seems to be very often), various driving loops, and middle-of-nowhere roads-- i.e. "Turn Right in 100 ft"; "Hmm, that's a lake."

After several uses, my first Garmin Nuvi died. They were kind enough to replace it since it was within warranty, but I've quit using it. I've actually saved a lot of time by simply using my phone or my AAA US maps. I don't know if other GPS companies are as unscrupulous as Garmin, but they likely are. USB devices are a great way to get access to much of your personal information so that companies can sell your information to advertising conglomerates with no regard for your rights to privacy.

arnaque pour vol

J'ai commandé, sur le site www.gpsfrance.net, un gps pour le prix de 99 euro avec ma mastercard, mais mon compte banquaire a été débité de 114, 16 euro.
Mais voila je n'ai jamais reçu le GPS et je ne sais pas comment faire pour récupérer mon argent ?
Malgré les mails, aussi bien à WWW.gpsfrance.net que à www.fristpay.com que j'ai envoyer aucune réponse ne m'a été données.
Aussi méfiez vous des beaucoup de sites qui ne voient que d'arnaquer.

does not deliver product after payment

ordered Garmin 3210 GPSMAP on line. Bank transfered $447.80 to Bank of China Hebi Branch 10/21/14
Product did not arrive, contacted them they tried to extort more money claiming a 60% tariff.
Then, no more communication and no product. Fraud
Donald Rourke
[protected]
[protected]@atlanticvideocorp.com

loss of service

I purchased a garmin gps 1490lmt with lifetime traffic and map update service. 23 months into my purchase the speaker failed and now makes incomprehesible buzzes. A software reboot did nothing. Garmin offered $120 toward the purchase of any list price replacement unit costing at least $240 and I must buy directly from them. I would, however, lose the lifetime traffic and maps update service I ourchased with the original unit. They don't see it that way. They say the unit had the updates and it wasn't a service. Any attorney would interpret the lifetime updates as a service. I have asked for compensation for the loss of this service and they have told me to go pound sand. A premature part failure after the warrantee may not be covered by the warrantee but a lifetime guranteed update service is just what it says. I don't mind buying a replacement but I don't want to pay for this service again. This service was simply coded to the unit after purchase. I guess the moral of this story is never buy a lifetime anything from garmin... It is simply a red herring.

• Pe
    peasantpigfarmer Oct 15, 2011

I own a garmin 705 edge and a nuvi 205 satnavs. I have e-mailed Garmin numerous times with various problems to which I have NEVER recieved a reply. If I did that with my customers, I would foled up! It's totally unacceptable to produce products that have minimal instructions, and aren't USER friendly! (Take note Microsoft!)Then ignore the customers difficulties with the products!

• Mi
    Mike Scott38 Apr 28, 2014

Advertised latest Garmin nuvi 2798LMT GPS with Australia/New Zealand mapping.
    Purchased item given invalid tracking number and after 2 weeks of "be OK tomorrow" by email I challenged validity of the unit being sent to me---HEARD NOTHING SINCE--will not answer emails.

gps sucks

1. Poor charging: Garmin tech suggested taking the unit home every night to charge. Are they nuts?
2. No route optimization: great voice command software – but pissy programing. You are driving to point A and you want to find coffee on the way. You can “start new route” which will cancel all together direction to A, OR “add to route” which will add the coffee stop – at the END of the route. You can –
Go to apps.
Trip plan
Add the addresses manually
And best of all: the Garmin tech told me I need to plan my route before I leave home.
GREAT HELP, GARMIN!
To plan at home – I don’t need any GPS...
3. As for the heating problem: Garmin tech suggested not to let the unit in the car when the heat may reach 140 degrees. If it is 140 degrees in the car – I should not be driving it, too!

4. And if that is not enough – general design. They stuck the power input smack in the back, and you cant use a universal goose neck GSP/phone holder. The mount that comes with the unit is puny and short, and has to be mounted on the windshield. I am short, and I come home with shoulder pains after typing in all the addresses and command in any short trip. Luckily, Magelan came with double sided adhesive plates that can be placed on the dashboard – and that helps some. Still, the total unit gives pain and is a pain.

I had Magellan GPS for over 6 years. The reason I moved to Garmin was everyone raved about it, and free map update. The maps on the Magellan unit were just – old. Nothing wrong – it still works. Granted, I have free map updates – but I cant get anywhere without mapping my way before I leave the house with Google maps. I have Bluetooth – but I am talking to myself, since I forget to take it with me (see above: take it home to charge...). Voice command is better than my 6-Y.O Magellan – but it’s the technology that improved, not the unit.

I am not a happy customer. As far as GPS’ go – THIS UNIT SUCKS! It is not a quick responder to driving changes, it is finicky and disappointing.

• Ha
    HateGarmin Jul 20, 2013

Bought a 2595LMT

The voice command does not work on international versions on English. Contacted Support nothing worked.

The Save option to save recently founds into your Saved folder does not work.

While driving sometimes the software crashes and continuously changes back and forth between two points on the map.

Sometimes the unit turns off while driving.

I have had it for 5 months now, and I truly regret the money I paid for it.

And did I say the maps are wrong? Imagine you exit into a roundabout and the unit tells you: exit, turn right, then turn left! In a roundabout!

Garmin, you are piece of junk.

• Bo
    bob-s Oct 11, 2015

HAD a 265T, loved it but new map was $100 so bought a 2595LMT instead. HATE it. Let's see:
    1. Taking a long trip? Well don't make it TOO long or you get message that it "will show you more as you get closer." ( I can tell my 265 From Key West to Maine and it DOES IT.)
    2. IF taking a long trip and click street name on top to see text of "route", text is too small to read at 70MPH. Font too thin. Poor contrast on a sunny day. ( 200 series great contrast, easy to read )
    3. TRAFFIC. The reason I buy these: 265 searches all around for traffic, 2595LMT show traffic on your CURRENT route, sometimes. The icon shows GREEN even when NOT in a traffic monitored area. I was in SC and green icon yet traffic JAMMED ahead. 265T icon goes OFF when no reception
    4. Accuracy of it's "info".Last week, before a trip I checked - "up to date". Great off I go. First destination - CLOSED. Second destination - moved, and when I found it, IT was CLOSED. Friday I was meeting someone who told me where the restaurant was. I could picture it in my head and as I got close for kicks I searched for it on GPS - hey - it's in there - a strip mall. . WRONG. I checked all stores in the area. Not there. I called contact - she said about 2 miles to go - as she had said. I told store owner who told me that store moved over two years ago.

In VA i was looking for a Marina. Entered into GPS - it is on there - off we go. as I go over a bridge it tells me to turn right, turn right, turn right, then turn left - back over bridge . Wrong. I needed to turn LEFT at the first turn and it was at end of street.

REALLY AGGRAVATING. I CAN use my phone to do all that my 265T used to do but like the interface of 265 rather than a phone when driving alone.

5. The menu on 2595 often I have to hit ENTER when on only ONE choice in a menu.
    I understand that they WANT to keep their code the same ... maybe on other models there ARE more then one option at that menu but SOMEONE in the COMPANY OUGHT to have the brains to say " Let's remove this link in the code to bring THIS user directly to the next menu rather than showing this submenu at all.". That would take NO time. Delete, change one GOTO line

6 one thing that has bothered me on both : if in Maine and going to Virginia, or Boston to FLA, it will ALWAYS take you through NYC, GW Bridge. Have you ever driven that route at rush hour? 3 hours to cross the bridge. But not taken into consideration because it is too far away when you start. Their programmers (or NAVTEQ?) should look at historical data and if EVERY MONDAY thru Sunday between 6am and 9am there is a 2 hour backup on bridge and consider that at start. ( I get around that by ... choosing Nyack as a via point, e.g.)

nuf said.

John Caye Sep 04, 2017

I have the same problems listed. My phone using GOOGLE MAPS NAV is perfect every time! What a waste of money I spent on new Garmin NUVI. And they want more money for the update..

out of order after 14 months only

The Garmin nuvi 1450 started to shut itself off only after 14 months of purchase. Although I tried everything that the support centre suggested, nothing has changed . I will buy a new GPS which is not Garmin.

no help with problem

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 1450 in April, 2011; I also bought the official Garmin case. It worked fine, even on our most recent trip until suddenly it didn't. The touch screen stopped working, and we realized the screen was cracked. The device had never left our car and was not dropped. I called Garmin and was informed there was nothing they would do...screens are not even covered by warranty if the warranty had still been in effect. This was our third Garmin GPS...I'm looking for Tom Tom or other alternatives now.
I expected better from a large, supposedly reputable company.

• Wm
    wmualumnus Apr 13, 2009

I bought a Garmin GPS device for my car. It freezes up all of the time. I've spent months trying to get Garmin to respond. They finally did. Now, they want me to pay for shipping on returning the defective device!

Stay away from Garmin.

• Na
    nazarite99 Jun 05, 2009

I definitely understand where you are coming from. I had a similar experience with a different company. I did some research and it appears that most if not ALL of the other GPS companies have a similar or more strick warranty policy. In fact check out Magellan's Warranty Policy at: http://www.magellangps.com/assets/magellan_warranty_NA.pdf

TomTom's Warranty Policy at: http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/legal/lw/LW-English-US%20CAN.pdf

The other companies have a much more strick policy when it comes down to returning a device for repair or exchange.

Martin K. Jun 27, 2009

After two years and one month, my Garmin Nuvi 360 was updated for lifetime maps at a cost of $129 earlier this month, and within 10 days the battery failed, it unfit for portable use. I am out $129. Garmin declined to make any accommodation. DON'T BUY GARMIN.

Chrisxx64 Aug 21, 2009

I purchased my Garmin Forerunner 2 years ago and looked after well.
    It stopped working in the last month. I have sent two messages to technical support and made a complaint last week. I have heard absolutely nothing back. How rubbish are Garmin?? I am not buying another of their low quality products now.

noouuu Feb 03, 2011

THERE CUSTOMER SUPPORT EQUALS THE PRODUCT

• Mo
    morr Dec 24, 2011

MY NEW GARMIN HAS ME DO A U-TURN IN FRONT OF THE PLACE I AM GOING TO AND SENDS ME ON A 3 MILE LOOP AROUND AND BACK TO WHERE I WAS. IT HAS DONE THIS ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS. THE VOLLUMN IS LOW EVEN ON HIGH. DOES NOT ALWAYS HAVE MY PHONE BOOK NUMBERS, SLOW TO SEARCH. HAS THE WORST SEARCH ENGINE. I WAS LOOKING FOR EVERGREEN FORD AND IT COULD NOT FIND IT. GOOGLE IT AND THERE IT IS. PUT THE ADDRESS IN AND IT BRINGS IT UP WITH THE NAME. WHAT THE F...BAD PRODUCT. WAS GOING TO BUY AN AVIATION ONE FOR MY CESSANA 182 BUT NO WAY IN HELL, I WOULD END UP WITH FIGHTERS SHOOTING ME DOWN WHEN I VIOLATED RESTRICTED AIR SPACE!!!

• mrbose Oct 23, 2012

I have owned 2 Garmin GPS units and have never had a problem with customer service or up dating the units

Sandyz Oct 23, 2012

Me neither...until my third unit.

• Pa
    Paul1j Jan 31, 2013

Garmin Nuvi 1450 will not charge. One week out of warranty. I approached Garmin twice and my request for a solution was acknowledged with advice they'd be back to me in three days. Absolutely nil further response.

• mrbose Jan 31, 2013

Been using Garman for 10 yrs. never had a problem.

faulty hardware and software

Garmin continues to make and sell units that have insufficient memory to hold maps. They also have failed to allow the addition of secondary memory, in this case, an SD card. to store map updates. In addition to the hardware design flaws, the updater software does not allow the user to install the second choice in needed maps such as both upper and lower eastern US maps. I chose one and when I turned on the unit, there were no maps and I could not acquire satellites. I have to go through this mess each time updates are required. Now the unit is once again useless as it was after the last update. The support people could not fix it without a great deal of checking and escalating. It's their product and they don't know how to fix their mess. This company is ripe for a class action lawsuit.

Garmin astro limited
Registered no [protected]
110 richborough drive, dudley
Dy1 3ls
United kingdom

Astro is the premier high-sensitivity gps-enabled dog tracking system for
Sporting dogs. this unique system pinpoints your dog’s position and shows
You exactly where he is, even when you can’t see or hear him. includes the
Newest, upgraded dc-40 transmitter collar.

Lowest prices checked, huge product range, 24/7
Online support, fast shipping guaranteed, safety
And security assured.

Here is our best wholesale prices, warranty policy, return policy,

Garmin astro 320 gps tracking collar with dc-40 (10 dog combo)..$1, 300
Garmin astro 220 dog tracker + 4 dc30 collar bundle dc-30...$350
Garmin astro 220 + 3 dc 30 collar dog tracking combo…...$300
Garmin astro dc-30 combo gps dog tracker……………...$250
Garmin astro 220 gps based dog tracking ……...$200

This package is shipped via fedex express for international orders the very
Best, safest, and fastest service available to international locations.

We provide convenient, cost-effective way to purchase your gps. you email us and obtain information about thelatest products at a very competitive price.

Hope that we can have a chance to cooperate with each other. and built the
Mutually beneficial business relationships.

Contact email: