Frances Tobia and Robert TobiaI was scammed today by this couple

C Jul 08, 2020 Review updated:

I was scammed today by a couple that go by Frances and Robert Tobia from Vermont.

I attended a webinar Frances hosted on May 20th with a partner who she called "Samuel". Samuel was in fact her husband Robert Tobia pretending to be a proctor Gallagher consultant. They started off by buying small amounts like 5k, 10k and 30k to build trust. We transacted 13 times before this all under 30k.

All the payments were sent from an LLC called the Peru Fair. The emails and phone numbers they contacted me from are:

[protected]

Today they wanted to buy 13 bitcoins from me so I trusted that a couple in their 60's were tech savvy and they built trust with me through smaller transactions. I mine bitcoin with ASIC miners and was happy to get fiat in that amount. They used a lawyer named Harvey Silverstein on docusign which made it seem even more legit. They said someone had to send first and they would guarantee it using their attorney.

I sent the 13 bitcoins and was told they would go to the bank and instantly wire transfer me. After I sent the bitcoins the phone number (802) 347-1535 is not in service and the emails I sent are bouncing back. That led me to google them.

I googled Frances Tobias name and this came up: Frances Tobia — Fran tobia into results

That's how I found this website. It looks like they've scammed 20+ people for probably over a million. I've reported this to the FBI and my local police department. I don't know what to do but this is a huge amount of my net worth.

I sent them 13 bitcoins worth $250, 000:

If anyone is perusing legal action against them please email me at: [email protected]

• Al
    Almccoy Jul 20, 2020

They got me too there’s multiple online threads about them. Seems like they’ve got a lot of people.