Fireside BankREPO

THIS BANK IS JUST WRONG... I PURCHASED A VEHICLE APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR AGO, WHICH JUST HAPPENDED TO BE RECENTLY REPO'D. I ADMITT I MISSED A PAYMENT, HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING MONTH I DOUBLED THE PAYMENT I SENT TO TAKE CARE OF THE BALANCE. I AGAIN MISSED A MONTH AND AGAIN DOUBLED THE NEXT PAYMENT TO TAKE CARE OF THE DEBT. ONCE AGAIN MISSED ONE, HOWEVER DOUBLED THE NEXT TO BRING THE BALANCE CURRENT...

WITHOUT ANY NOTICE, I ANSWERED THE DOOR AFTER A "KNOCK, " JUST TO SEE THE VEHICLE ON A TOW TRUCK AND TO BE HANDED A BILL IF I WERE TO WANT THE VEHICLE BACK, AND OF COARSE THE ADDITIONAL 1, 000.00 BILL FOR THE TOW... AFTER CALLING THE BANK AND ADVISING THAT I HAD DOUBLED THE PAYMENT TO MAKE THE MATTER CURRENT, I WAS ADVSIED THAT "IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY." SO HERE WE ARE TODAY WITH THE NEVER ENDING HARASSING CALLS TO WORK, MY HOME, ETC... WITH A SUCH A NICE GUY THREATENING TO "TAKE YOU TO COURT ON THIS MATTER..."

BE CAREFULL WHO YOU GET YOUR LOAN THROUGH...

• T
      Jun 15, 2009

Last Tuesday, 6/8/2009, Fireside had my car repoed. We then provided to Fireside proof of payments. This we got from our bank and haad it faxed to them. They then have said that because it is a mature loan they won't give the car back.

As a side note, my wife made friends with the repo guy. We talk with him and he has tried talking to Fireside and they blew him off. Now the repo guy is ticked at them and is blackballing them in the repo car industry.

•   Jun 16, 2009

"My wife made friends with the repo guy."

I'm sure she did buddy, I'm sure she did.
    Repo man was blown off twice that day.

• T
      Jun 16, 2009

I guess a few can't read. The payments were made on time. I have the bank transfers showing it. All electronic transfers. These clowns have a history of applying it to the wrong account. I have been through this several times with them.

• F
      Aug 06, 2009

THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. BANKS LOSE A LOT OF MONEY WHEN THEY REPO AND NO ONE CHARGES 1, 000 REPO FEES. YOUR STORY IS FULL OF HOLES. DONT LIE JUST TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR SITUATION. THAT BANK DIDN'T REPO YOUR CAR UNLESS YOU WERE AT LEAST 3 PAYMENTS DOWN AND NOT COOPERATING. THAT HOW IT WORKS.

•   Aug 27, 2009

It does happen in real life. I agree banks lose money when vehicles are repod, however in this case, due to multiple payments, large down payment, this vehicle was almost paid for. So in sense, they would only profit by taking back a vehicle, sticking the buyer will the bill as they again selling the vehicle to somone else. And as a former driver, a bill of 1, 000.00 can easily be reached when only dealing with one tow company that takes the vehicle several cities over, which is located half way up a state... You must not have anything better to do than argue with what others experience, or your scoring brownie points with your boss at this bank.

• P
      Sep 27, 2009

Fireside Bank wants to get more money out of us on a card that was paid in full in 2008 after it was purchased in 2007, we got the title and a paper stating that our account was paid in full and 1yr later they say we owe them 498.00 thats bull, the proof of the account pay off and title was faxed to them and they keep calling us especially at work were we tell them not to call us, they are rude people I think we are going to SUE