Menu
Family Feud
reviews & complaints

Family Feud
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

140 complaints
4 resolved 136 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Family Feud. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
7:18 pm EDT

Family Feud - A diverse of families are not being depicted on this show

Most every show is featuring an African American family. Nothing against black people, but the overcompensation is getting ridiculous! Let me see some Hispanics, Asian, Canadians, Jewish, Muslims ... or are they not the right dark pigment of skin. I mean, come on, for this race yelling loudly about racial equality now it seems that there is "reverse" discrimination.
America is a diverse nation, depict that!

Desired outcome: to see a diverse people playing the game

B
May 05, 2022 10:41 pm EDT

Completely agree! That’s why I came on here, it won’t go anywhere we know. But the show is not diverse. White families and African American families only. Also Steve gets more excited and louder when he announces the African American families and speaks to them. He completely favors them over any other families. When will family feud bring on well deserved beautiful diverse families?! Maybe it’s time for a new host who treats everyone the same like Richard Dawson did?!

8:20 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I love this show, but the constant questions about Steve Harvey are killing me. This is not the same show I fell in love with. It was a family show, not a Steve Harvey show. Please bring back the days that made me laugh and loved to participate as a contestant in my own apt.

7:13 pm EDT

Family Feud - That was a mistake on national tv

The golden gate Bridge is in San Francisco not Los Angeles. The show on Aug 24 the question was. Instead of seeing disneyland in California what would you want to see in San Francisco? The answers to every question supposed to be the right one. If the answer should be Golden gate Bridge in San Francisco I would like to have my family appear on Family Feud. I think we would be good at it

N
Aug 24, 2021 8:20 pm EDT

"What would you want to see?" not "what would you want to see in San Francisco?" Where did you get that stupid idea?

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I doubt my complaint will go anywhere since family feud executives care more about ratings and will continue to make excuses for their ways, listening to only the majority but not the minority of family feud watchers. Even still, maybe this review may mean something to someone. So I'll just try. I'll try. I know I'm not like the rest of the world but I'm a...

H
4:00 am EDT

Family Feud - Wrongful eim

I was watching family feud on august 17, 2021 on the game show network at 1230am. As they played sudden death the guest buzzed in gave his answer just as they buzzed him not even giving him 3 seconds to answer.. steve Harvey's said to late to answer so the next guy gave the same answer n they were declared the winner... that wasnt fair any other answer that was given by the weatherly family there was a buzz and steve Harvey's let it go threw. The family that won was the weatherly and they got the car but it was unfair and they shouldnt have won...

Desired outcome: Rematch that is fair

7:56 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Feud - No new shows has aired throughout July and August????

Could you explain why there has not been any new shows on tv for the whole month july and august! Does steve harvey go on vacation all the time? There is always a new wheel of fortune show every week day but not family feud. Why don't you hire a host (unlike steve harvey!) who shows up for work every day? Aren't you worried about losing viewers?

Desired outcome: See more new shows!!

N
Aug 24, 2021 8:26 pm EDT

Agree, repeat after repeat. Feud is the cheapest game show on the air ($20, 000 between 5 people). I Think they use all of the money to pay Harvey.

J
11:05 pm EDT

Family Feud - Cussing

I wish either Steve would quit cussing. Or find another host. Been a fan of family feud for a long time. And actually I still am. But the cussing doesn't add any value to the show whatsoever. Matter of fact there's no one today that is not watching the show because Steve Harvey didn't curse. But I guarantee you there's plenty of people that's not watching it because he does. There's nobody that says I wish Steve Harvey would throw two or three more cuss words in and if he doesn't I'm gonna quit watching lol.
But there's plenty of people because he is cussing that is not watching the show and I am one of them.
The actual show family feud is awesome. It's like medicine. But when Steve uses cuss words it's like throwing a little poison in with the medicine. Why not just keep the medicine pure ?

As a professional setting I don't see the price is right, Let's make a deal, Jeopardy, I could go on and on, they don't use cuss words. It just simply does not add anything to the show. But it definitely takes away. I would really love to watch the show but I cannot. Just because I refused to listen to the cussing. Especially on a professional level. Anyways love your show. Hate the cussing.
I hope and pray maybe someday I'll be able to watch it again.
Thank You!

E
7:24 pm EDT

Family Feud - Question asked

Question was asked "cheese paid well with wine what pairs well with marijuana". Really! This is a family show. Marijuana is not legal in all states and even if legal, why are we encouraging drug use? Then steve went further to say @ that answer makes your momma proud"! So now we are encouraging our kids to be knowledgeable about drugs.

Going too far!

Desired outcome: Keep drugs and questionable behavior out of questions

B
6:31 pm EDT

Family Feud - A topic on the show.

For a long time now you are pushing the envelope regarding certain topics on the show. I have small children that watch the show and the questions with a sexual undertone are unbelievable. Thats one. And then i have to pass it off when the kids ask about them. Well today, you went way over the line as far as I'm concerned. Your question was in regards to Marijuana. Are you kidding me? Enough is enough. Your show has just been banned in my house. You should be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to the show over the years? Your choice of host is prejudiced and i try to overlook that however you went over the line now.

A VERY DISSATISFIED VIEWER.

B.J. Ramirez

Desired outcome: Consider your audience when you submit these questions.

11:59 pm EDT

Family Feud - Wrongful loss

I was watching the show and I believe it was the Dang family that lost but they had three correct answer. The question was "name something you throw away when it is old and stretched out". They said "hair tie" and were buzzed off. Rubber band was still available on the board. A hair tie and a rubber band are the same thing. They should have won the game.

Desired outcome: Bring them back on because they lost unfairly

A
Aug 02, 2021 2:35 am EDT

I saw the Dang family, and also thought the same thing...especially since the other family was given a win for saying "shoes" equating to "undies, clothes"!

R
6:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Abe Lincoln should not have been a question. Offensive to American Indians. Question was "One word to describe Abe Lincoln?" Dominant culture does not teach true history. Abe Lincoln allowed the largest one-day mass execution in US history. 38 Dakotas. Their bodies desecrated.

O
10:44 pm EDT

Family Feud - Fast money

Steve Harvey whistles to get African American's attention to play Fast money on Family Feud. He's much more respectful to other races/nationalities on the show. Stop the "Sambo" behavior Steve! Do not forget where you came from. Don't allow fame to alter your roots and humble beginnings. Seems you think you have "arrived", but remember you've got to pass the same people going down that you passed going up. Work on improving your masongonist and chauvinistic ways. Not a good look. I really like the show, but it's not all about you. Eat a few slices of humble pie dude! You ain't all that!

E
Jul 24, 2021 5:35 pm EDT

I think Steve Harvey needs to be ousted off family feud. His filthy jokes are not family oriented! He doesn't treat contestants fairly...people of color he stalls jokes and laughs with them in order to give them more time to come up with a answer.

F
7:16 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last night, May 23, there was a family who won that played fast money. The question was, "fill in the blank, liver ______

8:02 pm EDT

Family Feud - How families get chosen to be on Family Feud

76% of the United States population is white, 18% Hispanic, 13% black, and then there is the rest. Why is there a black family on the show everyday. Never is there two white families, two Hispanic families, a white and an Hispanic family, a white and other family, an Hispanic and other family, two Asian families, it is always a black family on the show and sometimes two black families, why. Are the people responsible for Family Feud ramming black families down our throats. Statistics show that having a black family on everyday is intentional. For that matter Steve Harvey always gives black families a break when they do not answer within the time during the fast money round, the rest that do not answer in time it becomes a 50/50 deal for them. I like Family feud but I am quickly losing my interest.

Desired outcome: run the show statistically.

2 comments
Jul 01, 2021 4:16 pm EDT

My thoughts exactly…July 1st…2021. .2 black family’s…I can’t remember the last time there were 2 white familys…about 2 weeks ago when a white contestant answered on the main question..it was answer number 3..the black contestant answered…it came up as number one and wasn’t even close to what the answer was…getting real obvious…who has the privilege..?

I think the reason they have so many black families is probably mostly black families try out to play the game shows. This may sound racist but I as white man I never watch game shows cause I see them as childish and I think most white people would say the same. Black people just have more fun with this type of activities which is probably good they can find joy in mediocrity. I personally can never rest on my laurels no matter the accomplishment.

V
10:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I saw an episode today of family feud where in the top answers they used the word skumbag! I am shocked and greatly disappointed since this is the number 1 family show. Why was this suggested and or allowed. I think whoever makes these decisions is not doing his or her job!

T
5:42 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was watching a show on my 9 on the 21st of april aired at 11 pm .. And tbe family was robbed .. There is no way a pogo stick is a piece of sporting equipment .. They should get anotherchance to play

10:42 pm EDT

Family Feud - Content of questions

What would you like SH to do to your bottom? A place women go to land a man... with school as an answer.
These two questions are not ok. Both are insulting to women. I notice the show is definitely going more toward adult entertainment than family friendly... whatever. It is not a good thing to insult women though.
I love watching Family Feud with Steve Harvey. I tape two a day and watch in the evening. If many more questions like those above are shown, I will stop after watching since the seventies.

Desired outcome: Quit asking insulting and degrading questions.

Update by Laura Beatty
Apr 19, 2021 10:44 pm EDT

Family Feud needs to eliminate the trashy questions that cross socially acceptable lines which include respecting people.

2 comments
S
Jul 15, 2021 7:47 pm EDT

In this era where everyone is so thin-skinned and sensitive - to race, gender, weight, sexual preference, political leanings, religion, and a host of others - I see it’s still okay to make fun of the elderly. FF regularly asks questions about “Grandpa” or “Grandma” that invites insulting answers. I guess old people are the last remaining bastion of “humor” where others can still point and laugh - because I guess they haven’t already lost enough of their dignity.

Apr 19, 2021 11:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I notice you don't mention Richard Dawson from 76' to 85', kissing on every woman, married, young old, didn't matter to that opportunist! This show has needed to go in the bin for a long time now. But, old people seem to like it, so I guess it will just keep carrying on.

6:43 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

WHY NOT CHANGE THE NAME TO BLACK FAMILY FUED that is all that is ever on will never watch again ALL LIVES MATTER NOT JUST BLACKS

F
12:05 am EDT

Family Feud - A question asked

I am a big fan of the show and often get a laugh at the humour, but I just saw an episode where I felt a bit of offence to one of the questions asked ? I know that the producers do not intentionally try to offend anyone but I guess that I was offended to the point where I am responding to it ? The question was name a country where a man with a moustache goes to meet a woman with a moustache? Really? Number one was Italy? And as a proud Italian it didn't sit well with me. Usually I have no sensitivity to any type of humour. But I found this question extremely racist and hurtful. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Desired outcome: Awareness

T

Family Feud - Steve harvey

I used to love watching family Feud, but the past several years the EXTREMELY obvious racism against white people that Steve Harvey portrays I can't stomach to watch him or the show. He is always giving those of color more of his time as well as "auditions" for their talents. He blatant impatience towards white people is in itself disrespectful. I think you need to find a new host for the show! Let's not also not forget to mention the fact Mr. Harvey thinks he is a God and makes vulgar jokes that inappropriate. With any luck this show will be canceled.

Family Feud contacts